Obama's in deep trouble now...disapproval numbers are higher than his approval ones

Options

Comments

• Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This one is all based on 90s statistics, is their people who dont get jobs because they are black yes I wont argue that, but all this white man is evil ? is stupid, a group of people dont count as the entire race. There is also whites, mexicans, etc.. who dont get jobs because of how they look. The education looks worse for blacks becuase of the financial situations, a good majority of blacks are in poverty, some of its our own fault though, but we do have a large group their, compared to how small our race is as a whole compared to yours are stats on that is gonne explode. The poor white man gets the same education as the same black kid in the same financial bracket.

Meh, I have trouble believing that black people went from building Egypt to being lazy in American hoods but ahh well. You can't just discount structural racism as if it doesnt affect current day problems but everyones entitled to their own opinions. I know that there are people who make it but most of the time those people came from stable home lives as well.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Funky Dr wrote: »
    Meh, I have trouble believing that black people went from building Egypt to being lazy in American hoods but ahh well. You can't just discount structural racism as if it doesnt affect current day problems but everyones entitled to their own opinions. I know that there are people who make it but most of the time those people came from stable home lives as well.

Your right but I never said they are lazy in america, do you know how many young kids in the hood drop out and go straight to a life of crime because we give them that image most of the time. Example my dad is in prison, blamed everything on white people, both my brothers are in jail cause they did dumb ? because they wasnt workin a real job in a white mans system. Everyone of them now will tell you they was ignorant and stupid. There are some stuck in the hood, but theres just as many who blew their oppurtunity or didnt give as ? and thats why theyre stuck.

I dont see how its the white mans fault fpr growing up in unstable homes because the parents are drug users, felons who cant find work, or have parents in jail for the mistakes they made. This is an excuse there are a good bit of white people who grow up in very unstable homes and enviorments why arent they blamin everyone for their issues, why arent they all stuck in the system and cant leave the trailer park.
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Your right but I never said they are lazy in america, do you know how many young kids in the hood drop out and go straight to a life of crime because we give them that image most of the time. Example my dad is in prison, blamed everything on white people, both my brothers are in jail cause they did dumb ? because they wasnt workin a real job in a white mans system. Everyone of them now will tell you they was ignorant and stupid. There are some stuck in the hood, but theres just as many who blew their oppurtunity or didnt give as ? and thats why theyre stuck.

I dont see how its the white mans fault fpr growing up in unstable homes because the parents are drug users, felons who cant find work, or have parents in jail for the mistakes they made. This is an excuse there are a good bit of white people who grow up in very unstable homes and enviorments why arent they blamin everyone for their issues, why arent they all stuck in the system and cant leave the trailer park.

In order to understand how white supremacy coorelates with drug use you have to go back a few decades. When blacks moved north from the south into the northern cities they were corralled into the ghettos of the north cut off from the high paying jobs and wealthy areas of town. Northern cities are the most segregated in America to this day, both racially and economically. Some people became so depressed with the horrible living conditions they were pushed into they turned to drugs. They thought they would find that hope in the drugs. White drug dealers such as the Cosa Nostra only sold the hardest drugs to the black populations of the cities and openly admitted so. The CIA even took part in shipping drugs into black neighborhoods. All of this is fact. When Malcolm X and the NOI talked about "the white man" it was done in order to unify the people against a common enemy. Why do you think the Bloods and Crips united during the LA riots? They had a common enemy. Thats where the "blame the white man" stuff comes from. It is true that it's up to each and evey individual to be responsible for themselves but it is very hard for someone to survive without knowledge in a society that has historically distorted the truth. I'm not saying you don't know any of this but if it's not as simple as you're making it sound.
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    As far as the trailer parks, thats where I admit that not everything is related to racism, however interestingly enough poor whites in the inner city are looked at as "wiggers" by the white social elite. This is also racism. All throughout history each ethnicity had to "prove" they were white enough to gain economic equality. A perfect example is Italians. When they first came over they were looked at as black. They were looked at as "inferior" and in order to gain economic equality they had to white wash themselves. ? is deep.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    In order to understand how white supremacy coorelates with drug use you have to go back a few decades. When blacks moved north from the south into the northern cities they were corralled into the ghettos of the north cut off from the high paying jobs and wealthy areas of town. Northern cities are the most segregated in America to this day, both racially and economically. Some people became so depressed with the horrible living conditions they were pushed into they turned to drugs. They thought they would find that hope in the drugs. White drug dealers such as the Cosa Nostra only sold the hardest drugs to the black populations of the cities and openly admitted so. The CIA even took part in shipping drugs into black neighborhoods. All of this is fact. When Malcolm X and the NOI talked about "the white man" it was done in order to unify the people against a common enemy. Why do you think the Bloods and Crips united during the LA riots? They had a common enemy. Thats where the "blame the white man" stuff comes from. It is true that it's up to each and evey individual to be responsible for themselves but it is very hard for someone to survive without knowledge in a society that has historically distorted the truth. I'm not saying you don't know any of this but if it's not as simple as you're making it sound.

Im not arguin thats its not easy, but the oppurtunity is there for all of my people to make something of themselves. Those who complain about it though are often the people who are doing nothing from a self responsible stand point. I know about everything else you said, u gotta also take into account though that now their are just as many white ghettos with the same drug issues, todays whites and ? and the blacks and ? and in the 80's. White kids with the same low budget education have the same expierience educationally as a black kid in the same bracket. While they may get a job over a black man, they have the same struggle and issues to get into college.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    As far as the trailer parks, thats where I admit that not everything is related to racism, however interestingly enough poor whites in the inner city are looked at as "wiggers" by the white social elite. This is also racism. All throughout history each ethnicity had to "prove" they were white enough to gain economic equality. A perfect example is Italians. When they first came over they were looked at as black. They were looked at as "inferior" and in order to gain economic equality they had to white wash themselves. ? is deep.

They call certain people wiggers because they dress in ? that dont fit them on purpose and talk like morons.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LMFAO, come on son, calm down threadstarter

ronald-reagan-approval.gif

"Reagan's in deep trouble now!"
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    They call certain people wiggers because they dress in ? that dont fit them on purpose and talk like morons.

Not necessarily, I speak so called "normally" (because Americans across the board aren't speaking English correctly) and I've been called a ? numerous times simply for not partaking in racism.
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Im not arguin thats its not easy, but the oppurtunity is there for all of my people to make something of themselves. Those who complain about it though are often the people who are doing nothing from a self responsible stand point. I know about everything else you said, u gotta also take into account though that now their are just as many white ghettos with the same drug issues, todays whites and ? and the blacks and ? and in the 80's. White kids with the same low budget education have the same expierience educationally as a black kid in the same bracket. While they may get a job over a black man, they have the same struggle and issues to get into college.

What you are seeing are white people getting caught in the trap that was originally set up for blacks. It's an ironic dichotomy.

However lets say you are right, lets say that race has nothing to do with anything, the fact of the matter is the poor of America are being kept disadvantaged by the rising gap between the wealthy and the poor across the board. The rich are literally getting richer and the poor are literally getting poorer. I blame reagonomics and NAFTA personally.

In the capitalist system there is a poverty level that is UPHELD in order to function properly. This is simple fact. If there were no poor people Capitalism would fail.

Add institutionalized racism into the mix and you have what we see today in America.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Not necessarily, I speak so called "normally" (because Americans across the board aren't speaking English correctly) and I've been called a ? numerous times simply for not partaking in racism.

Thats where the certain people came into play, im far from racists but if I white kid goes to a job interviews and is like "like for real dawg me and my homeboy used to cut yards, nah mean? so like I got expierience all up in dat area and stuff feel me", or the idiots who write ? like "dis job i need it cause i need dat paper cause i gotta feed my baby moms and my seed", Im callin ? and he need smacked upside his damn head. Now as for you being called a ? thats just a racist side, the side I am understanding of the hatred fired toward them, I hate racist people myself and would honestly ? one of them if they was in my face saying that type of ? . What I argue is the whole white race being racist as a scapegoat. Not all big business men are racist, not all people in positions of power are racist. Im always hearin whiteys holding me back when my people are boomin right now. In 50 years at the rate we been going since like the 80s we are going to be right up in them offices, we will be working with those high ranking people. If you think these ? who despise the white man and want to start a revolution is gonna cut you a break your trippin, your white, your a white devil to them, dont matter what you do or say, if they think all white men is evil your included. When someone tells me that times aint changin and that the black man is goin nowhere and that white men all secretly hate us, im not agree with them. When we get a black president and people are complaini we aint in higher positions yet theres a problem, when ? start sayin a black man aint black because of his finacial situation, start callin ? ? cause we dress nice and got good jobs I aint ? with them. We dont agree with alot of ? , but at least you kept a open mind the entire time I respect that its good to have a debate with someone with your mind who can see it from both sides.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What you are seeing are white people getting caught in the trap that was originally set up for blacks. It's an ironic dichotomy.

However lets say you are right, lets say that race has nothing to do with anything, the fact of the matter is the poor of America are being kept disadvantaged by the rising gap between the wealthy and the poor across the board. The rich are literally getting richer and the poor are literally getting poorer. I blame reagonomics and NAFTA personally.

In the capitalist system there is a poverty level that is UPHELD in order to function properly. This is simple fact. If there were no poor people Capitalism would fail.

Add institutionalized racism into the mix and you have what we see today in America.

I agree with most of this, Ive always said race isnt as much black and white as it is rich and poor, if you poor dont matter what color you are aint no one trying to get involved with you if they got money. Its the tables being turned into a more balanced society we're seeing. People are now becoming more accepting of the other race's because we are now able to interact, we spend time with each other, we have advanced knowledge we didnt have throughout hisory, now your seeing the true race.. money.
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thats where the certain people came into play, im far from racists but if I white kid goes to a job interviews and is like "like for real dawg me and my homeboy used to cut yards, nah mean? so like I got expierience all up in dat area and stuff feel me", or the idiots who write ? like "dis job i need it cause i need dat paper cause i gotta feed my baby moms and my seed", Im callin ? and he need smacked upside his damn head. Now as for you being called a ? thats just a racist side, the side I am understanding of the hatred fired toward them, I hate racist people myself and would honestly ? one of them if they was in my face saying that type of ? . What I argue is the whole white race being racist as a scapegoat. Not all big business men are racist, not all people in positions of power are racist. Im always hearin whiteys holding me back when my people are boomin right now. In 50 years at the rate we been going since like the 80s we are going to be right up in them offices, we will be working with those high ranking people. If you think these ? who despise the white man and want to start a revolution is gonna cut you a break your trippin, your white, your a white devil to them, dont matter what you do or say, if they think all white men is evil your included. When someone tells me that times aint changin and that the black man is goin nowhere and that white men all secretly hate us, im not agree with them. When we get a black president and people are complaini we aint in higher positions yet theres a problem, when ? start sayin a black man aint black because of his finacial situation, start callin ? ? cause we dress nice and got good jobs I aint ? with them. We dont agree with alot of ? , but at least you kept a open mind the entire time I respect that its good to have a debate with someone with your mind who can see it from both sides.

Actually I associate with people that the elite white society would look at as "anti white" lol and I am shown an immense amount of love.

Its funny how you mention that I see it from both sides. My mothers side of the family is very wealthy and deeply involved in the criminal justice system. Whereas my social circle is mainly black, and from some of the poorest areas in town. And after living 24 years I see more validity in the arguments of the impoverished black community than the white elite. Maybe Im heavily influenced by personal experiences but with all the things Ive learned and seen in my opinion the massive majority of people impoverished are stuck there because of how the system was structured.

Its interesting because its not new either. I watched a documentary about Martin Luther King where they interviewed a southern white woman living in the Jim Crow south and the things she said made me drop my jaw. Not because she said things I never heard before. The opposite. She said things that are still being said to this day, words that I've heard in my own lifetime literally word for word.

The reporter asked this woman how she felt about civil rights, she replied "I don't owe blacks anything, I've worked my entire life for what I had and they need to also. It's not white people's fault that they are where they are. Stop being lazy and blaming white people all the time and maybe they will get somewhere"

I was shocked. All that had proved to me was that just as now, people are refusing to acknowledge how institutionalized racism has created the structure of poverty we see today. I know you keep talking about poor white people. I understand there are poor white people. But there have been poor white people for hundreds of years. Poor white people are not a new phenomenon. When they flooded New Orleans in the 1920's they killed a whole bunch of poor white people. Poor white people were being racist against poor black people back in the 1960's, and it's still like that today.

The black middle class has grown exponentially wealth wise, at the same time the black lower class gets poorer and poorer. Back in New York City during the mid 20th century Italians went through the same thing. Until they disowned their impoverished Italian counterparts, they weren't given economic freedom. As soon as Italians disowned poor Italians they were rewarded.

IMO thats what you have nowadays going on. Some in the black elite have disowned the impoverished black community and are being rewarded for it by the white super structure. But Im just a white boy, I could be wrong.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Obama str8. From what I understand Mitt Romney is supposed to be the front runner for the Republicans, and I just saw this dude on Bill Oreilly last night. GOOD ? THIS MAN IS CLUELESS. Dude said RomneyCare was a success and Obama care is just like it, but will fail. WTF??!!!!

I rather Obama come back in 2012 anyways so when the country goes to ? , we can blame him rather than it goes to ? under a Republicrat and people unfairly blame capitalism (something that does not exist in this country).
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Obama str8. From what I understand Mitt Romney is supposed to be the front runner for the Republicans, and I just saw this dude on Bill Oreilly last night. GOOD ? THIS MAN IS CLUELESS. Dude said RomneyCare was a success and Obama care is just like it, but will fail. WTF??!!!!

I rather Obama come back in 2012 anyways so when the country goes to ? , we can blame him rather than it goes to ? under a Republicrat and people unfairly blame capitalism (something that does not exist in this country).

lol hello CMR
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Prior to the healthcare bill being passed, I was getting very irritated with all the placating and appeasing he was doing with the Republican congressman, but I was obviously mistaken. In hindsight, it seems like Obama was always one step ahead the entire time, but maybe that's just because I'm an outsider. I will say though that he's not going to rush headlong into anything so patience is the key. For this being his first year, I'd say he's done well. Not great but acceptable.

And by the way, never pay attention to those polls.
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    HOWEVER as much as I bash Capitalism, what other country can you buy world class Alligator shoes with a matching Cadillac? :)
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited April 2010
    Options
    HOWEVER as much as I bash Capitalism, what other country can you buy world class Alligator shoes with a matching Cadillac? :)

Only Dr. Funkville, NY. does a self respecting white man go and buy some gator boots and a ol school caddy.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Funky I agree with all your saying about the past, but im lookin at ? from the future prospective. You honestly cannot tell me racism is just as bad as it was in the 60's. You cannot tell me since the end of segregation black people haven't blew the ? up, what we have done in 30 years is crazy considering the amount of racist their still are in power. All I'm saying is its retarted to hate an entire race of kids who dont share their parents views, have nothing to do with whats going on, they dont own the banks and businesses. I always hear the white man this the white man that, we need to overthrow all ? .. Why? Not all white men are racists, not every white man in office and in positions of power is racists. The middle class is shrinkin for everyone of every race. If America ever recovers from this economic situation in 50 years my people will be in these offices, in these high ranking jobs. How anyone can disagree that people now are becoming more acceptive and less racist blows my mind.
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I hear what you are saying thugh ChozenWun. It reminds me of what my best friend says. The best defense against racism, and the best revenge is living a legit life and doing nothing wrong. That way no one can do ? to you and you will probably end up successful.

Im not some flower power type dorm room hippy muh ? thats like trying to rage some war I know nothing about. I understand there's some moronic ass people out there ? ? up for themselves. One of the old homies from back in high school just got locked up for murder. His ? shouldn't have been involved with the robbery but hey, sometimes people do dumb ? . And now he's paying for it and he only has himself to blame. I knew a white dude who also went down the wrong path. They were both similar in that their home lives ? them all up, but the white dude ended up being mad racist. Which proves to me that poor white people are tricked to this day into thinking that poor blacks are "inferior" or "different".

I put my words into actions myself, I work with at risk kids and a boys and girls club. Its a majority black job, and I find it more relaxing than anywhere Ive ever worked. I teach the kids about where the traps have been set up for them and how to avoid them. Its on them to listen.
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Funky I agree with all your saying about the past, but im lookin at ? from the future prospective. You honestly cannot tell me racism is just as bad as it was in the 60's. You cannot tell me since the end of segregation black people haven't blew the ? up, what we have done in 30 years is crazy considering the amount of racist their still are in power. All I'm saying is its retarted to hate an entire race of kids who dont share their parents views, have nothing to do with whats going on, they dont own the banks and businesses. I always hear the white man this the white man that, we need to overthrow all ? .. Why? Not all white men are racists, not every white man in office and in positions of power is racists. The middle class is shrinkin for everyone of every race. If America ever recovers from this economic situation in 50 years my people will be in these offices, in these high ranking jobs. How anyone can disagree that people now are becoming more acceptive and less racist blows my mind.

I live in a part of the country where crosses are being burned on lawns, STILL, where a white city council member called a black guy the N word and kept his job, where the majority stuck in the poorest sections of both cities are black while the wealthy neighborhoods are damn near almost 100% white.

All I know is it's still affecting the quality of life here.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I live in a part of the country where crosses are being burned on lawns, STILL, where a white city council member called a black guy the N word and kept his job, where the majority stuck in the poorest sections of both cities are black while the wealthy neighborhoods are damn near almost 100% white.

All I know is it's still affecting the quality of life here.

Oh I know there is still alot of racist white people out there, im just sayin the younger generations have become more tolerant than the next, we will always have racist but the more time has progressed the less and less we have had. I look at every white man who is 40 plus and think this ? probably racist as ? , but at the same time Ive seen for myself how people in 30s, 20s are less and less racist the younger they get. You have to remember a man in his 40's had father who was probably racists because of the times and preached the ? to his son. Now the younger generations arent all getting those speaches about why a ****** is so bad, alot of yall are learning blacks are just like you because you are now able to hang out with them. As for the poor white and black thing, I never said that didnt make you racist, I said if you poor it doesnt matter what color you are the rich dont like you. IMO if you are being put down that bad in a area, that black person should go get a job, ? cable and all that bs expenses we pay for, save ? and pack your ? and leave, their are alot of areas a black man can go and not face that, thats where I get the some of us would rather blame white people then do something for ourselves. It aint easy to pack up and go, but if you really want a better life you can make it happen.
  • Funky Dr
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Oh I know there is still alot of racist white people out there, im just sayin the younger generations have become more tolerant than the next, we will always have racist but the more time has progressed the less and less we have had. I look at every white man who is 40 plus and think this ? probably racist as ? , but at the same time Ive seen for myself how people in 30s, 20s are less and less racist the younger they get. You have to remember a man in his 40's had father who was probably racists because of the times and preached the ? to his son. Now the younger generations arent all getting those speaches about why a ****** is so bad, alot of yall are learning blacks are just like you because you are now able to hang out with them. As for the poor white and black thing, I never said that didnt make you racist, I said if you poor it doesnt matter what color you are the rich dont like you. IMO if you are being put down that bad in a area, that black person should go get a job, ? cable and all that bs expenses we pay for, save ? and pack your ? and leave, their are alot of areas a black man can go and not face that, thats where I get the some of us would rather blame white people then do something for ourselves. It aint easy to pack up and go, but if you really want a better life you can make it happen.

Im not denying that there are cool white people out there, I view myself as one. lol But what I have noticed is sometimes I'll think that a white person is cool and I found out they are a racist. Its unfortunate.

My own personal experiences have given me the beliefs that I have today, as Im sure yours have given you the beliefs you hold. We aren't going to change each others minds.

I personally prefer to stay and fight the system but I've also learned that fighting the system leaves you dead broke on your ass. lol

I live with the knowledge that the majority of poor people in the inner city are working poor. Families who bust their ? and still only make ends meat.

I will continue to educate myself on this issue because I realize I dont know everything, but it's funny how every time I learn something new it always reinforces what I believe.

Its like duke said on that movie in the 70's about the ex CIA agent who organized the chigaco gangs into revolution. At the end of the day its not about hate white folks, its about doing what is necessary for freedom in America.

That's the mindset I try to operate with. I dont hate white people. Im white. But I point out what needs to be dismantled within the system to make things truly equal.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

Nah, I hope the country goes to ? on Valentine's Day 2016, that way all Americans can unite in blaming President Jindal, and we'll all agree to never have a Indian-American President ever again.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Nah, I hope the country goes to ? on Valentine's Day 2016, that way all Americans can unite in blaming President Jindal, and we'll all agree to never have a Indian-American President ever again.

ROFL @ Gov. Jindal. Obama will ruin it for all future Presidential hopefuls with a little extra melanin.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No one saw Scott Brown winning in the most liberal state in the USA--
    Scott Brown got elected in California?

ps. Obama will be fine in 2012 because there isn't a real viable candidate that can run against him and he's still going to have the usual incumbent advantages. it's the Congressional Democrats that need to worry.