Your Favorite American/Countryman?

Options
2»

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    That's why I said it was up for debate. There's people who think he left it in his plans to do it as payback to Japan and to establish themselves as #1. The A-Bomb was dropped only 3 months after his death.
    well, maybe more like four.
    but something of that magnitude would absolutely been prevented by Truman if Truman had wanted to (hell, he took a different stance on European colonies post-war than FDR would have, and that really caused more trouble than dropping the damn bomb(s) did)... so i think you had to give Truman the credit/blame no matter WHAT FDR's position on the matter would have been.
  • janklow
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Good point LOLOLOLOL you got me on that one chief. I can't believe I forgot about Truman. When I have time I gotta brush up on my American history dayum....
    eh, you're Canadian, it's fine. it's not like i know a hell of a lot about Canadian history beyond Canadians thinking the war of 1812 was a big success or something.

• white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Frederick Douglas, MLK, Bobby Seale, Susan B. Anthony

A more interesting question tho would be least favorite Americans
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    weird question but interesting, i could probably make a list of a hundred people going back through history or considering many of my favorite entertainers. i guess off the top of the dome:

Jim Morrison, Stanley Kubrick, David Lynch, Bill Hicks, Walter Payton, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton
  • janklow
    edited September 2012
    Options
    i suppose this is also a good time to point out that a list of seven people is an absolute failure when it comes to picking one favorite person. there's nothing at stake here! boil it down to one!
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eh wasn't paying attention.. Stanley Kubrick it is then