Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid m.A.A.d city(Album Cover)

Options

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    This is just what I think the meaning behind the Deluxe cover could be.

You think of a minivan as a vehicle for the harmless. You know big families, soccer moms, ? like that. (This represents the 'GOOD KID' part)

Then you put a minivan in the hood, let that door slide, and then *BLAT BLAT BLAT* *Skrrrrrr!* (_____________________) (This representing the 'BAD CITY')

Or maybe I'm trippin' like crazy

Or maybe it's just the family car with alot of memories attached to it.
  • wu-tang4ever
    wu-tang4ever Members Posts: 118 ✭✭
    Options
    This will be the next album i will actually buy from the store. I feel a classic album on the way.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that torch track in jerry maguire sig>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any kendrick lamar song ever
  • young_belvi
    young_belvi Members Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reminds me of being mad young in the late 80's, early 90's.
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    Options

You think of a minivan as a vehicle for the harmless. You know big families, soccer moms, ? like that. (This represents the 'GOOD KID' part)

Then you put a minivan in the hood, let that door slide, and then *BLAT BLAT BLAT* *Skrrrrrr!* (_____________________) (This representing the 'BAD CITY')

What first came to mind was that it's a picture showing off the new minivan that they just bought and how much it meant to the family, something along those lines.

I like both covers; they're personal.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    andre_1024 wrote: »
    Wonder what the story is behind the Deluxe, covers are cool..ready to see a tracklist..

pushin' in my momma van, stop for gas on Rosecrans, trust me these ? rush me for somethin my cousin probably did

I was just about to post those lyrics from P&P. His mom used to let him drive her van to the studio too, this ? bout to be album of the year...
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    this ? bout to be album of the year.....to only about 20k people
    ol blu and exile ass ?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    ol blu and exile ass ?

as that ? continues to sell out shows across the nation.... I'd rather move the units he's gonna move and have a following than make a hit the masses like and then disappear. ? like curren$y driving round in ferrari's and getting 20k+ a show because he continues to make quality music and has a solid fan base and this ? has had ZERO top ten hits. Aye what the ? do I know though....
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    i wish the ? success and whatever whatever
    but this ? AIN'T gon be album of the year and it AIN'T gon make no impact whatsoever
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Two trill ass covers.
    I think this will be on the same level as Control System.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited September 2012
    Options
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    i wish the ? success and whatever whatever
    but this ? AIN'T gon be album of the year and it AIN'T gon make no impact whatsoever

kendrick-lamar-and-dr-dre-cover-xxl.jpeg

Word. I don't understand why ? can't just enjoy what they enjoy. To a lot of people in hip-hop it will make a big impact if it's a great album, and to a lot of other ? it won't mean ? . Who gives a ? , thats why theres something for all of us...... Oh and lmao @ you comparing him to blu and exile, because I know blu selling out shows and getting on the cover of xxl and ? like that. Just because dude aint big TO YOU doesn't mean he isn't a big artist...
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ol blu and exile ass ?

Idk about only 20k..I think he's about to surprise a lot of ppl with his numbers like Cole did..
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    that ? on the cover with dr. dre?!
    it must be 1993 again!
    ? kendrick lamandark and ? ? azz dre
    how can a ? have a minivan as his deluxe album cover when da highest sellin rap artist is A LYIN RACIST WHITE REDNECK?!
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    andre_1024 wrote: »
    ol blu and exile ass ?

Idk about only 20k..I think he's about to surprise a lot of ppl with his numbers like Cole did..

he won't do cole numbers but he will surprise. For one a lot of ? like him, which is weird because they usually don't like artists like him but that alone will help him. I think he can move 100k first week.....
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    100k first week?
    100k?
    if that ? move 100k first week i swear to ? i'll answer every thread seriously for the next 2 months
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited September 2012
    Options
    100k first week?
    100k?
    if that ? move 100k first week i swear to ? i'll answer every thread seriously for the next 2 months

he has the same type of following cole had. Only thing that propelled cole's numbers to 200+ was that wack ass workout track. You think that track really gained cole more than 100k fans???? He's on the bet music matters tour as the headliner with only him and 2 other members from his group and he's selling out shows charging 40+ a ticket. No thats not A LOT but you act like dude is some underground nobody
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

he won't do cole numbers but he will surprise. For one a lot of ? like him, which is weird because they usually don't like artists like him but that alone will help him. I think he can move 100k first week.....

Yea I don't think he'll do Cole numbers, I just think he'll surprise like Cole did..
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    the ? is 2 notches above underground nobody
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I liked mine better though
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Covet wrote: »
    Lady gaga is doing a track with him. he's going to sell really well at least with that track.
    oh yeah, cause Wale went diamond in the first week off of his collabo with her on Attention Deficit
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    clown ? always trollin for attention ...
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That wale track ? tho
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lady gaga is doing a track with him. he's going to sell really well at least with that track.
    oh yeah, cause Wale went diamond in the first week off of his collabo with her on Attention Deficit

That was before she was big. Pre-Bad Romance and 2009 MTV Awards. I'll sit back and watch while you continue to insult my music knowledge.
    From what I remember she basically came out big. Even that first single was a hit when no one knew who she was.
  • bindayvez79
    bindayvez79 Members Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Any release date. Besides Baby Face Killa, This is my most antcipated album.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man this has west coast written all over it.....dope