Virginia declares April Confederate History Month....cr@ckas are going too far now

Options

Comments

• maxxb
    maxxb Members Posts: 58
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Many homosexuals have feminine attributes, such as attention-? , and just attention-seeking period....homosexual posters are no different.
    I have discovered that the best way to deal with a homosexual poster is to virtually ignore them and deny their existence in order to deprive them of the attention that they desperately seek.

I once had a conversation with a poor gender-confused child, this creature didn't have the testicular fortitude to be a "man" and lacked the physical attributes to be a woman so "it" was hopelessly stuck in the middle....a purgatory of sorts for the children of a lesser ? .

To make a long story short this ? bull-dagger had the nerve to call me a racist, so I calmly told "it" that despite my prejudice it was virtually impossible for me to be "racist"due to me being a non-white person I lacked the power as an individual and my race as a collective to control or influence white people in the areas of (1)Economics, (2)Education, (3)Entertainment, (4)Labor, (5)Law, (6)Politics, (7)Religion, (8)Sex and (9)War.........therefore despite my prejudice towards my oppressor and enemy I could never be "racist".

Chuuuch

you're an uppity stuck up bigot.
  • maxxb
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No hate is equal to the hate whites have had for other races. Ask yourself why whites have felt the need for hundreds of years to go into other lands and vanquish as many people as possible. White people are called devils by so many people for a reason.....I can't honestly say it is an unjustified name to call them.

Google up what whites did in Australia......the history of white people is truly disgusting the more one does research on it. Of course, whites have done many great things too, in technology and medicines for example. But their evil and hatred for other races is unmatched, read a history book. White people commit genocide for pleasure.....read up on what the French did in Algeria and what the Belgiums did in the Congo.

The history of white people on Earth is sickening, thank ? I don't have any white ? blood in me!

I don't know much about history, so I wont contest it. I dont think white people as a race are inherently evil or racist, though. Thats a gross generalization to compare an entire races history, just to conclude that whites are genetically predisposed to be hateful or racist.

And yet you still return ignorance at the slightest hint of percieved racism?
    You call whites crackers at the drop of a hat.

What if I began to reference the atrocities that happened in african conflicts, citing anecdotes and historical evidence to try and prove a ? theory about how ? black people are and then started saying ? like "thank ? I have none of that ****** blood in me!"

Hate is hate, there is no level of hate to compare to other races. And there is certainly no less hate in black racists for whites than there is in white racists for blacks.
    You hate whites, yet preach against racial injustices.
    If the world were controlled by people like you, we'd be in a crazy reverse birmingham 1964.
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Whose Anderson Silva?

The Brazilian Nightmare
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^^^Yeah, he's a beast.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    maxxb wrote: »
    I don't know much about history, so I wont contest it. I dont think white people as a race are inherently evil or racist, though. Thats a gross generalization to compare an entire races history, just to conclude that whites are genetically predisposed to be hateful or racist.

And yet you still return ignorance at the slightest hint of percieved racism?
    You call whites crackers at the drop of a hat.

What if I began to reference the atrocities that happened in african conflicts, citing anecdotes and historical evidence to try and prove a ? theory about how ? black people are and then started saying ? like "thank ? I have none of that ****** blood in me!"

Hate is hate, there is no level of hate to compare to other races. And there is certainly no less hate in black racists for whites than there is in white racists for blacks.
    You hate whites, yet preach against racial injustices.
    If the world were controlled by people like you, we'd be in a crazy reverse birmingham 1964.

Maybe I do use the word ? too much lately....I'll avoid using that word for as long as I can.....but I have no hatred in my heart for anyone. I just can't help but be disgusted at the history of white people sometimes, especially now that Republikklans are praising Confederate history right now. Confederates were the first true domestic terrorists (aside from the first Europeans to land in present day USA), yet their going to have the gall
    to celebrate them. Imagine Germany having ? History Month....the outrage would be large, obviously.

And you are wrong to say the hate some blacks have for whites is equal to the hate whites have had for blacks. White people have done much more evil stuff to blacks than blacks ever could do. Research the history of Spain, Portugal, Belgium, and England.....and you will see why I use the word ? so much.
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I wanna see Silva fight the Virginia governor for 1 round at least in the Octagon
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    despite the fact that the other history months are lame azz hell as wel, who cares? when it all comes down to it, your still chillin under the american flag. Which isn't exactly known for its tolerance and non violence lol. If people want to celebrate ? let them......if you are going to hate on them because they celebrate ? up ? maybe you should realize you are looking in the mirror.

Good point of course but the Confederate flag was very explicit in that they were fighting for the sake of keeping slavery.....at least the Union made steps to free slaves before the Confederacy did. The Union was not innocent but they were much better than the Confederates.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    the foundation of debate is for us to use an agreed-upon vocabulary. the only word i hear you debate the meaning of is "racism," and then it's done only in a manner convenient for your argument.

now, you could say "hey, i'm racist, but given the fact that i lack the power to act in the manner white racists can, my racism pales in comparison to theirs." but for some reason --and it's odd, because you wear your racism proudly and will endlessly speak of the justifications for it-- you cannot acknowledge that you meet the definition of the term. you HAVE to alter it.

who defined the word "prejudice," a word you're fine with applying to yourself? what's the difference here?

exactly. but let's move on to the weird part of this post:

really? this is what i ALWAYS do? because i'm pretty sure that Yaphet Kotto there in Homicide wasn't killed by James Bond, even if they did eventually ? him off for that weird movie. however, i'm changing it to a previous subject for the upcoming event this weekend, although he, of course, has also never been a "Black murder victims of James Bond."

awww... it's cute the way your feelings are so hurt by my recognition that Geoffrey Holder is a cool guy.

ps. when's the last time you posted about hip-hop while ranting on a hip-hop website?

pull out the average dictionary and tell me with a straight face that his definition is anywhere near the original and/or commonly accepted one. it's an intentionally convenient definition, and really, you know this. because the thing is, racism as defined generally DOESN'T ABSOLVE WHITE RACISM AT ALL.

LOL I was actually joking...Im flattered that you use numerous Black males in your avatar...its cute that you have a fascination with Black culture, if I was white like you I probably would to....you are smart enough to recognize that there is nothing remotely cool about anything resembling your own images.

Your adoration of black males could be deemed ? -? by clinical psychologists, but I just consider it proper deference to your cultural fathers and genetic superiors.

.You ask when the last time I posted about hiphop while ranting on a hiphop website...everyday of my life, see Im a member of the HipHop community, Im an actual D.J., producer, and artist with multiple networking angles on HipHop website's....what are you and why are you here?

Im not some weirdo white man moderating a non-Hip-Hop sub-forum on a website dedicated to Hip-Hop...my life isn't that pathetic, and if it was I doubt Id have the courage to remain livng as you have.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LOL...crazy... So were the slaves racist?

Is a racist slave just wrong?

Is it despicable?

Is this reverse racism?

Is the white culture being held back and opressed?

I say blacks do what the jews did, lol>>> shouts out to Janklow,
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LOL...crazy... So were the slaves racist?

Is a racist slave just wrong?

Is it despicable?

Is this reverse racism?

Is the white culture being held back and opressed?

I say blacks do what the jews did, lol>>> shouts out to Janklow,

What should blacks do that the Jews did?
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Funky Dr wrote: »
    I wanna see Silva fight the Virginia governor for 1 round at least in the Octagon

I would love to see that too.....
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Whose Anderson Silva?
    look directly to the left of this post
    I just can't help but be disgusted at the history of white people sometimes, especially now that Republikklans are praising Confederate history right now.
    in fairness, in the South this is not generally restricted to one party
    LOL I was actually joking...Im flattered that you use numerous Black males in your avatar...its cute that you have a fascination with Black culture, if I was white like you I probably would to....you are smart enough to recognize that there is nothing remotely cool about anything resembling your own images. Your adoration of black males could be deemed ? -? by clinical psychologists, but I just consider it proper deference to your cultural fathers and genetic superiors.
    in summation, you're calling me white and ? , a very mature position to take. but let's be serious here: every time i see you post, it's only about race and/or male genitalia. every post is about white guys, white guys, white guys and ? -chopping.

so i guess what i am saying here is that i'm not sure you want people to take a look at the subtext of posts that are OBSESSED with race and ? . i'll probably be posting in some thread that has nothing to do with either shortly. will i see you posting about anything else?

ps. i tend to agree with Fanon's theory that rabid hatred of a racial group means you're filled with homosexual ? for them. uh-oh!
    You ask when the last time I posted about hiphop while ranting on a hiphop website...everyday of my life, see Im a member of the HipHop community, Im an actual D.J., producer, and artist with multiple networking angles on HipHop website's...
    actually, i asked when the last time you posted about hip-hop on the site was. all that extra noise really doesn't answer that question.
    what are you and why are you here?
    i'm an actual fan of the musical genre and that's why i post on the website. what a shocking twist!
    Im not some weirdo white man moderating a non-Hip-Hop sub-forum on a website dedicated to Hip-Hop...my life isn't that pathetic, and if it was I doubt Id have the courage to remain livng as you have.
    sigh. you're too ridiculously angry for me to believe this "i could care less" attitude is real. so either go talk ? about me in the appropriate sub-forum or keep it topical.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I must say, anyone who believed the Obama presidency would create a "post-racial" America was truly fooling themselves. If anything, racism seems to be coming even more out the woodwork now! I have love for this country but wow, white people are looking very silly right now....

Somebody up some Reverend Wright videos right now, please......I'm too lazy to do so myself at this time.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    did anybody see that ? azzz ? on cnn supportin the confederat month, and pretty much tryin to say that folks loved being slaves??? don lemon shut his azzz down
  • maxxb
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And you are wrong to say the hate some blacks have for whites is equal to the hate whites have had for blacks. White people have done much more evil stuff to blacks than blacks ever could do. Research the history of Spain, Portugal, Belgium, and England.....and you will see why I use the word ? so much.

You turn past atrocities into an issue of race just because they did.
    What you're failing to see past is race.
    I'm a pretty transcendental person, I think its the people that wrong eachother, it has nothing to do with race. Racists makes racial issues, race should NEVER be an issue with anyone or any matter. It just does not matter at all.

Any has a white person done anything to you personally? Because if so, I can understand why your racism is so prevalent. But the fact that you've probably never had a single truly noticeable injustice put upon you because you're black from a white person should have your mouth shut.
    My mom's had a gun to her head, I've had one to mine, my familys been robbed, both my sister's been ? more than once, all from which race? Black people.

But you don't see me running around saying the n word and spewing racist ? about how blacks are evil and destroy ? , because I see past race, its a product of society and the evils of the human.
  • Mr.AllenTemple
    Mr.AllenTemple Members Posts: 351
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This ? is all a last ditch effort by the Republicans to save they ass in the '10 & '12 elections. Democrats won NC and VA in the last elections, and the Republicans know
    that they cant win it back unless they win those two states....they just trying to get they base riled up....
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    maxxb wrote: »
    You turn past atrocities into an issue of race just because they did.
    What you're failing to see past is race.
    I'm a pretty transcendental person, I think its the people that wrong eachother, it has nothing to do with race. Racists makes racial issues, race should NEVER be an issue with anyone or any matter. It just does not matter at all.

Any has a white person done anything to you personally? Because if so, I can understand why your racism is so prevalent. But the fact that you've probably never had a single truly noticeable injustice put upon you because you're black from a white person should have your mouth shut.
    My mom's had a gun to her head, I've had one to mine, my familys been robbed, both my sister's been ? more than once, all from which race? Black people.

But you don't see me running around saying the n word and spewing racist ? about how blacks are evil and destroy ? , because I see past race, its a product of society and the evils of the human.

Once again, I am not a racist. The only thing I have ever said is that white people have a history that disgusts me sometimes. Which race has committed the most genocides, rapes, and theft in history? You already know.....research what happened in Australia and how whites butchered the Aboriginals....than do some research on what whites did in Africa. Italian crackas used chemical weapons on Africans on African land, why? So crackas could have access to African gold and diamonds. Why are white people so ? greedy?

I'm sorry about what happened to your family at the hands of some blacks. But you know DAMN WELL black people have not done as much evil as the white man has throughout history. It's not even close!

Read a book buddy. Your arguments are pretty weak against me. By the way, what race are you? Just curious.....
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This ? is all a last ditch effort by the Republicans to save they ass in the '10 & '12 elections. Democrats won NC and VA in the last elections, and the Republicans know
    that they cant win it back unless they win those two states....they just trying to get they base riled up....

Great post....and from a political standpoint, very smart. Here's the problem with the GOP now.....they have just alienated the younger voters and have further alienated any chance they may have had with Hispanic voters. Hispanic voters know the GOP is against any kind of immigration reform that may grant amnesty to some illegals, top that off with Confederate History Month and minorities can now say for sure the GOP is only for white rights. The GOP, with this whole Confederate buillshit, have played right into the hands of people who say that the GOP is a racist party that sympathizes with slave owners.....good job Mcdonell, good job!

Reverend Wright seems smarter to me everyday.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Good point of course but the Confederate flag was very explicit in that they were fighting for the sake of keeping slavery.....at least the Union made steps to free slaves before the Confederacy did. The Union was not innocent but they were much better than the Confederates.

lol this might not be the greatest allusion but that like saying 'oh well I rather support Stalin than ? , atleast Stalin didn't focus on follower of one specifik religion'
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol this might not be the greatest allusion but that like saying 'oh well I rather support Stalin than ? , atleast Stalin didn't focus on follower of one specifik religion'

Well keep in mind that when Lincoln got elected, he promised to stop the spreading of slave states. Lincoln was a racist himself, but at least he admitted slavery was a stain on the nation's soul and reputation. Lincoln campaigned on having slavery be as limited to as few states as possible.....

Meanwhile, the Confederacy wanted slavery to spread. When Lincoln got elected, some states eventually seceded, fearing that Lincoln would try to free their slaves. Lincoln is no hero to me, but he is arguably one of the greatest presidents for the simple fact that he eventually freed slaves in the Confederacy and pledged to stop the spreading of slavery in America.

I think Lincoln and the Union should get at least some respect for that. The Confederates were nothing more than domestic terrorists who eventually became the leaders of the KKK.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well keep in mind that when Lincoln got elected, he promised to stop the spreading of slave states. Lincoln was a racist himself, but at least he admitted slavery was a stain on the nation's soul and reputation. Lincoln campaigned on having slavery be as limited to as few states as possible.....

Meanwhile, the Confederacy wanted slavery to spread. When Lincoln got elected, some states eventually seceded, fearing that Lincoln would try to free their slaves. Lincoln is no hero to me, but he is arguably one of the greatest presidents for the simple fact that he eventually freed slaves in the Confederacy and pledged to stop the spreading of slavery in America.

I think Lincoln and the Union should get at least some respect for that. The Confederates were nothing more than domestic terrorists who eventually became the leaders of the KKK.

lol I'm just hating bro

here is some more hate: Stalin defeated ? , so atleast he realized the ? 's were not doing good as well.

moral of the story: screw nationalism/celebrating foolish stuf in general
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol I'm just hating bro

here is some more hate: Stalin defeated ? , so atleast he realized the ? 's were not doing good as well.

moral of the story: screw nationalism/celebrating foolish stuf in general

Blind nationalism is always stupid, it's because of that most Americans went to war against Iraq, just taking Bush's word that there was WMD in there.This is despite the United Nations saying they needed more time to see if Saddam Hussein even had the weapons. I'm sure most Bush supporters feel dumb as ? now....America will be paying the price for this war for a looooooooong time.....Obama is the USA's ONLY SINGLE saving grace right now. He's the only reason the US has an ounce of credibility nowadays, he won the Nobel Peace prize for a reason......
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    did anybody see that ? azzz ? on cnn supportin the confederat month, and pretty much tryin to say that folks loved being slaves??? don lemon shut his azzz down

WTF????? What kind of black man would say some ? like that? He mustve been paid good money to say all that.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Democrats won NC and VA in the last elections, and the Republicans know that they cant win it back unless they win those two states...
    on the other hand, they have reason to be optimistic after McConnell won in VA; additionally, NC went Democrat, but by a very thin margin: in a state with about 4500000 votes for the office of the presidency, Obama topped McCain by about 14000. this is less votes than Barr got in the state.

again, i don't see how Obama loses in 2012, but i don't think his victory is dependent on him keeping VA and NC.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/14/1578171/the-south-fought-to-keep-slavery.html
    The South fought to keep slavery, period
    By LEONARD PITTS JR.
    lpitts@MiamiHerald.com
    e went to war on account of the thing we quarreled with the North about. I never heard of any other cause of quarrel than slavery. Men fight from sentiment. After the fight is over they invent some fanciful theory on which they imagine that they fought.'' -- Confederate Col. John Mosby

Ten years ago, I received an e-mail from a reader who signed him or herself ``J.D.'' ``I am a white racist,'' wrote J.D., ``a white supremacist, and I do not deny it.''

From that, you'd suspect J.D. had nothing of value to say. You'd be mistaken. J.D. wrote in response to a column documenting the fact that preservation of slavery was the prime directive of the southern confederacy. ``I was most pleased to see you write what we both know to be the truth,'' the e-mail said. ``I never cease to be amazed at the Sons of Confederate Veterans and similar `heritage not hate' groups who are constantly whining that the Confederacy was not a white, racist government . . .''

That argument, noted J.D. with wry amusement, plays well with ``white people who want to be Confederates without any controversy.''

It was an astute observation, the truth of which was deftly illustrated recently by Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell. Seems he issued a proclamation declaring April Confederate History Month in the Commonwealth. Said proclamation contained not the barest mention that the confederacy went to war to preserve slavery, an omission that got the governor pilloried in the court of public opinion.

So McDonnell apologized and tried again, inserting into his proclamation a paragraph observing that this Confederacy we are invited to commemorate was built upon an ``evil'' and ``inhumane'' practice. That little bit of cognitive dissonance neatly accomplished, the proclamation was duly reissued.

But there's still a flaw in it. Namely in a line that speaks of how ``the people of Virginia joined the Confederate States of America.'' See, no one asked half a million of ``the people of Virginia'' about joining any Confederacy. As they were owned by their fellow citizens, they had no say in the matter.

And so it goes in the ongoing effort by apologists for the Confederacy to convince the rest of us that an act of high treason committed in the name of preserving human ? somehow deserves honor and respect. It's a case that cannot be made on its own dubious merits, so they are obliged to pretend the cause wasn't what it was, to write slaves and slavery out of the story.

McDonnell is hardly the first. Indeed, the practice is nearly as old as the Civil War itself. Confederate ``President'' Jefferson Davis once flatly cited ``the labor of African slaves'' as the cause of the rebellion. After the war, with that cause repudiated, he wrote, ``slavery was in no wise the cause of the conflict.'' It's a straight line from Davis' amnesia to McDonnell's omission.

The governor seeks to render the Confederacy harmless, to be a Confederate without controversy. He seeks to validate the vestigial southern impulse which insists, contrary to logic, that the tragic suffering and incontestable bravery of Confederate forebears must somehow redeem the awful cause for which they fought. But the simple truth is, they do not. Nor can they until or unless we agree to murder memory, to ? recollection of our greatest national trauma, to enter into a conspiracy of romantic lies.

Confederate hero John Mosby, quoted above, understood this. Even J.D., the unrepentant racist, did.

It is past time the entire remnant of the Confederacy, all its apologists and battle flag fetishists, understood it, too. The alternative is to continue insisting upon sophistry as truth, and to periodically embarrass themselves and mystify the rest of us with their stubborn fealty to the stinking corpse of a long lost cause. It is to learn for the umpteen-millionth time what the governor was just taught.

Memory dies hard.