whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're a human being just like I am.

Proof......

LOL.. I'm not from New York nor have I ever lived there.

False Flagging at its finest.....
    bambu wrote: »
    In both examples there is only one species........

From the wikipedia link you provided:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drosophila
    Wikipedia wrote: »
    Drosophila is a genus of small flies, belonging to the family Drosophilidae, whose members are often called "fruit flies" or (less frequently) pomace flies, vinegar flies, or wine flies, a reference to the characteristic of many species to linger around overripe or rotting fruit.

The genus Drosophila is made up of several different species, mojavensis and arizonae being two of them
    One species of Drosophila in particular, D. melanogaster, has been heavily used in research in genetics and is a common model organism in developmental biology.

lol.. moving on..

Again ? ?

In biological nomenclature, a type species is the species to which the name of a genus is permanently linked; it is the species that contains the biological type specimen(s) of the taxon.
    Intelligent Design theory makes no attempt to analyze the character of the Designer from the data of the Designer's performance. It is merely concerned with accumulating examples suggesting that there is a Designer, and that Darwinism can be rejected --- and there the theory of Intelligent Design stops.

That's pretty much all that is necessary..... You want me to offer you salvation too????

imager.php?id=2700402&t=o

6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-1624.jpg

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

False Flagging at its finest.....

Nah, just you making baseless assumptions, falling on your ass and looking like an idiot at its finest. Congratulations.
    In biological nomenclature, a type species is the species to which the name of a genus is permanently linked; it is the species that contains the biological type specimen(s) of the taxon.

The genus is Drosophila which both the species Arizonae and Mojavensis both belong to. You offered the link and now you want to debate it? Scramble to cover your tracks @bambu.. I'm laughing at you, not with you. Wasn't it you who said that Drosophila were all of the same species? Look, you ethered yourself with your own link. Again ? , I'm lauging AT you. Haha
    That's pretty much all that is necessary..... You want me to offer you salvation too????

I.D. does not offer any true salvation so I guess that was a trick question. Would you like to solve the problems given to save your b.s. design theory?

• bambu
    Options
    Drosophila is a type species ? .....

Ol let me front like I'm NYC, but I'm really from Brooklyn Alabama......Head ass ? ......

"In the common fruit fly, Drosophila, environmentally
    mediated perturbations of the Hsp90 gene can cause the
    simultaneous deregulation of a number or genes. This, in
    turn, causes these flies to display a variety of developmental
    abnormalities, such as deformed or absent eyes, notched
    wings, duplicated bristles, etc.6 Such malformations hardly
    inspire confidence in this mechanism as a cause of alleged
    evolutionary change."

hsp90-structure.jpg

Bauer-HSP90-fig-A-550pix.jpg

F1.medium.gif

• Bodhi
    Options
    Drosophila is the genus. Refer to the wiki link you posted and the follow up I hit you with a few posts ago for confirmation on that. There are many species of Drosophila, Arizonae and Mojavensis being two of them.

You say that NY has no relevancy to diss me, then claim that I'm frontin to earn respect by calling myself brooklyn. Why would I do that if NY is not relevant? See how your childish attitude makes you look even more like the idiot? Maybe you should quit now. Brooklyn, btw, is the name of the street where I was raised.

Observe how you love to address everything but the topic to avoid the ether I'm throwing at you.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Would you like for me to post them again for you ? boy?
  • bambu
    edited September 2012
    Options
    1) Drosophila is the genus. Refer to the wiki link you posted and the follow up I hit you with a few posts ago for confirmation on that. There are many species of Drosophila, Arizonae and Mojavensis being two of them.

2) You say that NY has no relevancy to diss me, then claim that I'm frontin to earn respect by calling myself brooklyn. Why would I do that if NY is not relevant? See how your childish attitude makes you look even more like the idiot? Maybe you should quit now. Brooklyn, btw, is the name of the street where I was raised.

3) Observe how you love to address everything but the topic to avoid the ether I'm throwing at you.

1) You cant even absorb the materials in front of your face.....

2) ? where you from......

3) You missed the genetic information that makes your entire theory ass.......

Ol let me front like I'm NYC, but I'm really from Brooklyn Alabama......Head ass ? ......

wings, duplicated bristles, etc. Such malformations hardly
    evolutionary change."

hsp90-structure.jpg

F1.medium.gif

• bambu
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The bacterial flagellum. In an attempt to side-step irreducibly complexity, evolutionists hypothesize that the components of irreducibly complex systems all had other functions before being co-opted for use.....

These prior functions are largely speculative. As an ever increasing number of irreducibly complex systems are discovered, and more and more components in each system, the number of ‘functions’ (and thereby stories) needing to be found is ever increasing....

flagellum.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8kSBbWc3UWCoBHEcl-lPmAsmn-AQG939lJSkAzmOAm1QyJv9_

350px-Flagellum_base_diagram_en.svg.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgfQTVQc6zXcN2sVuKyi7kuXPcgDODvmC1Y-P3l-OYhcJH8Z3i-w
  • bambu
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I don't play around nor do I ? around.....

And you can tell by the bodies that are left around.....

When some clown jump up to get beat-down......

Broken down to its very last compound......

See how it sound, a little unrational......

A lot of suckers like to use the word dramatical....

http://youtu.be/zzU7jJBMElM

• bambu
    Options
    whar wrote: »
    Cabbage_patch_kids_logo.gif

FIXED.....
  • Bodhi
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Kingdom: Animalia
    Phylum: Arthropoda
    Class: Insecta
    Order: Diptera
    Family: Drosophilidae
    Tribe: Drosophilini
    Subtribe: Drosophilina
    Infratribe: Drosophiliti
    Genus: Drosophila

^^ I'll finish that up for you.

Species:

From the wikipedia link you provided: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drosophila
    Drosophila is a genus of small flies, belonging to the family Drosophilidae, whose members are often called "fruit flies" or (less frequently) pomace flies, vinegar flies, or wine flies, a reference to the characteristic of many species to linger around overripe or rotting fruit.
    One species of Drosophila in particular, D. melanogaster, has been heavily used in research in genetics and is a common model organism in developmental biology.

pilot is to plane as conductor is to train
    Panthera (genus) is to lion a.k.a. panthera leo (species) and tiger a.k.a. panthera tigris (species) as Drosophila (genus) is to mojavensis (species) and arizonae (species)

• Bodhi
    edited September 2012
    Options
  • Bodhi
    edited September 2012
    Options
  • bambu
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Where is your "new species"?????

More recent work on the irreducibly complexity found in bacterial flagellum

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/the-bacterial-flagellum-truly-an-engineering-marvel/
  • Bodhi
    edited September 2012
    Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3790531.stm
    BBC NEWS wrote: »
    the insects are in the early stages of diverging into separate species.

The emergence of a new species - speciation - occurs when distinct populations of a species stop reproducing with one another.

When the two groups can no longer interbreed, they cease exchanging genes and eventually go their own evolutionary ways becoming separate species.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ece3.93/abstract

• whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Bambu would you please stop ? up something as simple as genus and species. It is one thing to argue interpretation of evidence but to get simple facts and definitions wrong is embarrassing. I get you made a mistake and that is fine but you should have the basic intellectual honesty to admit it and get back to defending your actual point rather double down on this simple mistake.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Bambu would you please stop ? up something as simple as genus and species. It is one thing to argue interpretation of evidence but to get simple facts and definitions wrong is embarrassing. I get you made a mistake and that is fine but you should have the basic intellectual honesty to admit it and get back to defending your actual point rather double down on this simple mistake.

He's a lame whose addiction to i.d. theory wont allow him to man up and admit he's wrong

mojavensis: species: Drosophila

arizonae: species: Drosophila

Drosophila is a genus of small flies

LOL!!
  • Bodhi
    Options
    I'm out this ? I'll pick up in the AM
  • bambu
    Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3790531.stm

The emergence of a new species - speciation - occurs when distinct populations of a species stop reproducing with one another.

When the two groups can no longer interbreed, they cease exchanging genes and eventually go their own evolutionary ways becoming separate species.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ece3.93/abstract

LOL.....

You said they were already seperate species tho'
    There are many species of Drosophila, Arizonae and Mojavensis being two of them.

Where is your new species ? ......
    These results are interpreted and discussed in the context of selection on mate recognition systems and the potential for failed copulation.

• bambu
    Options
    @Whar.....

Double down on this.....
    Drosophila is a type species ? .....

wings, duplicated bristles, etc.6 Such malformations hardly
    evolutionary change."

hsp90-structure.jpg

F1.medium.gif

• bambu
    edited September 2012
    Options

He's a lame whose addiction to i.d. theory wont allow him to man up and admit he's wrong

mojavensis: species: Drosophila

arizonae: species: Drosophila

Drosophila is a genus of small flies

LOL!!

@Whar...

For the 10th time......

In biological nomenclature, a type species is the species to which the name of a genus is permanently linked....

Drosophila mojavensis: genus: Drosophila species: Drosophila mojavensis

Drosophila arizonae: genus: Drosophila species: Drosophila arizonae

"The type species permanently attaches a genus to its formal name (its generic name) by providing just one species within that genus to which the genus is permanently linked (i.e. the genus must include that species if it is to bear the name). The species name in turn is fixed, in theory, to a type specimen."

"In zoological nomenclature, the type of a species (or subspecies) is a specimen (or series of specimens), the type of a genus (or subgenus) is a species, and the type of a suprageneric taxon (e.g., family, etc.) is a genus. Names higher than superfamily rank do not have types."

LOL @ you herbs.....

• bambu
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I'm out this ? I'll pick up in the AM

Bring your new species ? .....

Watch y'all ? run from the genetic evidence......

And argue semantics instead......

• Bodhi
    edited September 2012
    Options
    You said they were already seperate species tho'

When the two groups can no longer interbreed, they cease exchanging genes and eventually go their own evolutionary ways becoming separate species

interbreeding
    present participle of in·ter·breed (Verb)Verb:
    1.(of an animal) Breed with another of a different species.

In the wild, Drosophila mojavensis and Drosophila arizonae rarely, if ever, interbreed - even though their geographical ranges overlap.

when Drosophila arizonae females mate with Drosphila mojavensis males, the resulting males are sterile.

Laura Reed maintains that such limited capacity for interbreeding indicates that the two groups are on the verge of becoming completely separate species.

Because the hybrid male's sterility depends on the mother's genes, the researchers say the genetic change must be recent.

Test for speciation: sterile offspring and lack of interbreeding affinity
    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/speciation.html

wings, duplicated bristles, etc. Such malformations hardly
    evolutionary change."

We're talking about speciation, not deformed eyes, notched wings or duplicated bristles. There's a big difference:
    Test for speciation: sterile offspring and lack of interbreeding affinity
    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/speciation.html

A genetic change that is the cause of speciation is a genetic change that prevents one species from interbreeding with another and producing fertile offspring.
  • Bodhi
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Kingdom: Animalia
    Phylum: Arthropoda
    Class: Insecta
    Order: Diptera
    Family: Drosophilidae
    Tribe: Drosophilini
    Subtribe: Drosophilina
    Infratribe: Drosophiliti
    Genus: Drosophila
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drosophila

^^ I'll finish that up for you.

Species:

From the wikipedia link you provided:

pilot is to plane as conductor is to train
    Panthera (genus) is to lion a.k.a. panthera leo (species) and tiger a.k.a. panthera tigris (species) as Drosophila (genus) is to mojavensis (species) and arizonae (species)

This discussion has been closed.