Comments

• hot7777
    hot7777 Members Posts: 201
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LVsAndGs wrote: »
    1. street cred doesn't sell albums
    2.I'm from the west and have been rockin with drake since 2007

2007 is when he started rockin wid wayne which is my point exactly. Look dude had some good features like the vid i posted above and some great hooks but the truth is without a wayne cosign he would go unnoticed in the us mainstream.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1. street cred doesn't sell albums
    2.I'm from the west and have been rockin with drake since 2007

your points are invalid
    !!!!!!!!!!! I've been saying this.

People worried about street cred are the ones who want to make small money.
  • LV'sAndG's
    LV'sAndG's Members Posts: 75
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hot7777 wrote: »
    2007 is when he started rockin wid wayne which is my point exactly. Look dude had some good features like the vid i posted above and some great hooks but the truth is without a wayne cosign he would go unnoticed in the us mainstream.

Lil Wayne hadn't heard any of Drake's music until 2008...
  • hot7777
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lil Wayne hadn't heard any of Drake's music until 2008...

You are right, my bad 2007 was when he had a small buzz from the song with Trey songs. But he really started poppin after those mixtape features with wayne in 08.
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Drake is buzzing more now than he was last year
  • hot7777
    edited April 2010
    Options

sorry but google does not agree with your statement and neither do I.

Best I Ever Had was huge, and Over is not
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    His buzz aint Dead, His still on the radio 90 percent of the time...............However, it isn nearly Wat it was last summer, Drake Was the biggest name In hiphop, without a Deal (though it helps to have a CoSign from Lil Wayne).........If drake Dropped His album rite then and there, he coulda sold atleast a half mil (500,000 or Gold) easliy, maybe even 1mil wioth the rite Single.............but he Didnty act own it, and I get the feeling folks is kinda Tired of hearing from him..........Expect him to sell around 200k -400k in 1 week. Good numbers, but not they 1's he coulda had
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options

LOL thats ?
  • Bwoahmizzee
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sorry but google does not agree with your statement and neither do I.

Best I Ever Had was huge, and Over is not

what did you google " What is Drake's current buzzworth" ?

Last year if he came to Baltimore wouldn't nobody be at the concert

this year everybody wants to go

you and google have yall own thing so

* shrugs*
  • Bwoahmizzee
    edited April 2010
    Options
    As a matter of fact this ? got a couple songs on the countdown right now at the same time
  • hot7777
    edited April 2010
    Options

* shrugs*

There is a strong correlation between the amount of searches for a rapper and their buzz that they have. The more searches the higher the buzz. Thats where google comes into play. Here is the full chart of Drakes buzz.
    viz?q=Drake+Rapper&date=all&geo=all&graph=weekly_img&sort=0&sa=N
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options

* shrugs*

I highly doubt nobpdy would Come to his Concert, thats jsut Maddeness, we not talking about Young Berg or Benzino here..........Dude was 1 of tjhe Biggest names in Hiphop for a minute, he made YM hot (Yea, i said it)..............
  • LV'sAndG's
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    I highly doubt nobpdy would Come to his Concert, thats jsut Maddeness, we not talking about Young Berg or Benzino here..........Dude was 1 of tjhe Biggest names in Hiphop for a minute, he made YM hot (Yea, i said it)..............

Spell check is your friend.
  • Bwoahmizzee
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There is a strong correlation between the amount of searches for a rapper and their buzz that they have. The more searches the higher the buzz. Thats where google comes into play. Here is the full chart of Drakes buzz.
    viz?q=Drake+Rapper&date=all&geo=all&graph=weekly_img&sort=0&sa=N

I guarantee he has more fans now then he did last year

that ? go to a mall and they ? around have to shut it down
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

cmon son you cant hate benzino he was a pioneer the source was the best hip hop magazine ever...drake is ok at best ive heard him destroy maybe 2 tracks but the rest are ok
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    cmon son you cant hate benzino he was a pioneer the source was the best hip hop magazine ever...drake is ok at best ive heard him destroy maybe 2 tracks but the rest are ok

Na.........benzino sucks and has no Buzz rite now........only reason Y u defendin hiom is cuz u from boston...........Personally i would be ashamed a loser like him is the only dude reppin My city..........
  • LV'sAndG's
    edited April 2010
    Options
    "Mixtape dropped, I started getting 10 a show now I get a 100 what you think i'm in it for?"

100k a show i'd say is pretty decent buzz
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Spell check is your friend.

i type Fast lol
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    "Mixtape dropped, I started getting 10 a show now I get a 100 what you think i'm in it for?"

100k a show i'd say is pretty decent buzz

I'd have to agree
  • redhandedbandit
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Na.........benzino sucks and has no Buzz rite now........only reason Y u defendin hiom is cuz u from boston...........Personally i would be ashamed a loser like him is the only dude reppin My city..........

im not talking musically ? im saying he brought the source which was the blueprint for XXL, Ozone, murder dog etc.... dude is more hood than your fav rapper bleeedat
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im not talking musically ? im saying he brought the source which was the blueprint for XXL, Ozone, murder dog etc.... dude is more hood than your fav rapper bleeedat

LOL.............sure lol.............thats y he let a White boy punk the ? outta him lol, repeatedly lmao.........Cuz he that much of a "Goon" lol........the SOurce was good money, but still, Benzino is a loser
  • redhandedbandit
    edited April 2010
    Options
    nah be em still aint come to boston since then thats like what 5 years..50 put the battery in ems back em got dumb security zino got no security he be with the goons...
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol.............sure lol.............thats y he let a white boy punk the ? outta him lol, repeatedly lmao.........cuz he that much of a "goon" lol........the source was good money, but still, benzino is a loser

yes zno is a lame fa lettin a klansman like marshall matherz get da best of him but u cant b serious benzino had feminem so shook that fem got his manager paul 2 call benzino up & he begg'd zno not 2 beat feminemz azz.....
  • LV'sAndG's
    edited April 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    yes zno is a lame fa lettin a klansman like marshall matherz get da best of him but u cant b serious benzino had feminem so shook that fem got his manager paul 2 call benzino up & he begg'd zno not 2 beat feminemz azz.....

No....just no
  • redhandedbandit
    edited April 2010
    Options
    dude the only dude in the rap game who got at zino was freddie foxx and ill say yeah he got punked by foxxx but in the 90's all your favorite rappers were scared to come to boston we were notorius for robbing rappers word to the 3 stripes