Why do you all care about DETOX?

Options
peter_parker
peter_parker Members Posts: 87
edited April 2010 in The Reason
Am I tripping for not caring about DETOX....I think Dr.Dre is one of the dopest producers to ever do it but why should I care about hearing an album from him...I mean come on he dont even write his own raps...We've been hearing about DETOX rumurs for about 7 years now I know yall dont really think thios ? gone live up to expectations

Comments

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Because Dr. Dre's gonna change the soundscape with Detox once again like he did with The Chronic and 2001..even though it has taken him eons.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I expect a double cd ,damn 10 yrs for one damn cd?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Watch as soon as Detox drops, rumors will spread about a new album, then he gonna drop Detox 2020 in 2019
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I expect a double cd ,damn 10 yrs for one damn cd?

and probably only 17 tracks.

I wouldn't be surprised it it was one CD.

Would be nice to have 2 though, use other peoples tracks who they didn't use originally that were produced by Dre, throw Dre on there and boom.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i dont care it ever comes out or not. ether way ill DL it, hopefully at 320kbps. but going in the store and exchanging cash for this album. negative.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't give a ? .
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    People care. If this album leaked today, people who initially said they didn't care would be downloading it thus checking for it. If Dre released albums on the regular, Detox wouldn't be as big of a deal. His status in the game and the fact that this album has been pushed back for the past 7 years has made the album bigger than what it was when it was initially announced.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Its Dre Day...
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah, I really don't know what could be on it that would be so revolutionary. I hope it would be amazing after waitin this long, but I just really doubt it. Dre might ? himself up, cause if the ? get a backlash, his career could be done. Not that it would really matter to him at this point though. Oh, and IMO Chronic 2001 had some good records, but it wasn't that dope. * 'Ye shrug *
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Am I tripping for not caring about DETOX....I think Dr.Dre is one of the dopest producers to ever do it but why should I care about hearing an album from him...I mean come on he dont even write his own raps...We've been hearing about DETOX rumurs for about 7 years now I know yall dont really think thios ? gone live up to expectations

What a dumb question man. It's not like there's other rap albums shutting the game down right now to the point where Detox would just get lost in the shuffle. For real,.. is there N.E thing else finna come out that you'd rather listen too instead? and listen man, I dont care if he dont write his own ? , Neo and Kerry Hilton do and I aint breakin my neck to get they ? N.E more than if I remind myself that they did write they own ? . I want good classic ? man. I never cared that Jay wrote Still D.R.E it dont make the song N.E weaker to me. If somebody take almost a decade to come out then ? it, atleast the man cares e-nuff to not just put N.E ? out.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I could give two ? and a giggle, I've not bought a cd or heard new rap ? in years
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    he's too busy sucking ? and eating ?
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2010
    Options
    fuuuk ? dre! cuz alize is da main reason y da kkk straight outta DA D is runnin hiphop now HIPHOP LOST!!!!!!!!

• jek
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Psssh ^I bet you still gonna buy or download it
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    after i get the jay track i'll be done with detox unless he got another nas joint on there
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i dont wake up beling like "is today the day"

but Dre drops classics and changes the sound of the game. And i expect5 him to do it again. LIke i said i'm not on the edge of my seat, but will def be copping when it drops
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    smh @ making this thread like a year ago

I feel you bruh
  • skeep
    skeep Members Posts: 298
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Because Dr. Dre's gonna change the soundscape with Detox once again like he did with The Chronic and 2001..even though it has taken him eons.

How did Chronic 2001 change the soundscape? That album was mad boring and gets no regular play. It was ok and had some good songs but most of them were trash.

Want to talk about changing the soundscape of production talk about Rick Rubin or Ant from Atmosphere....people who really produce sound.

Dre is good but he is hit or miss. Do you realize how many bad artists he has signed that went nowhere.
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    skeep wrote: »
    How did Chronic 2001 change the soundscape? That album was mad boring and gets no regular play. It was ok and had some good songs but most of them were trash.

Want to talk about changing the soundscape of production talk about Rick Rubin or Ant from Atmosphere....people who really produce sound.

Dre is good but he is hit or miss. Do you realize how many bad artists he has signed that went nowhere.

i'm a huge atmosphere fan, and think ANt is one of the best producers out there. This isnt a shot or takintg away from what you said but i'm interested to hear how Ant is really changing the soundscape?...
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    fuuuk ? dre! cuz alize is da main reason y da kkk straight outta DA D is runnin hiphop now HIPHOP LOST!!!!!!!!

One question, who is ur favorite rappers? I always see you hatin on this site.
  • jek
    edited April 2010
    Options
    skeep wrote: »

I guess you got a right to your opinion but I want you to name which songs were trash and why because all I heard on there was heaters.
  • degheatza
    degheatza Members Posts: 17
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Dr Dre changed the sound of the West Coast with Chronic 2001 just like he did with The Chronic
  • CaliCing420
    CaliCing420 Members Posts: 146
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Cuz its gunna b the best album of the year
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Y'all ? abt to be disappointed wit Detox. I personally don't think Dre has it anymore plus most of the so called snippets that have been leaked are very underwhelming. Teflon Don>>>Detox......let's see if dre can prove me wrong....
  • reppnking
    reppnking Members Posts: 78
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Cause Dre is the real TRUE goar of hip hop, not Jay-z 2pac, or BIG. Dre is the real GOAT.

Who the heck been around long as him and still be that dude? That long and has the most anticipated hip hop album EVER?

but mainly, Dre doesn't disappoint. Only cat to produce 4 certify classics (Straigth Outta Compton Chronic, ? , 2001) and countless classic songs. How can i not care about Detox? It's the most important album to hip hop ever.