The Teabaggers aren't as simple as black websites want you to believe

Options
BOSS KTULU
BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Social Lounge
There is a right-wing populist uprising. It's very common, even on the left to ridicule them. But that's not the right reaction. If you look at those people and listen to them on talk radio, these are people with real grievances. I listen to talk radio a lot and it's kind of interesting. If you can sort of suspend your knowledge of the world and just enter into the world of the people who are calling in, you can understand them. I've never seen a study, but my sense is that these are people who feel really aggrieved. These people think, "I've done everything right all my life, I'm a ? -fearing Christian, I'm white, I'm male, I've worked hard, and I carry a gun. I do everything I'm supposed to do. And I'm getting shafted." And, in fact, they are getting shafted. For 30 years their wages have stagnated or declined, the social conditions have worsened, the children are going crazy, there are no schools, there's nothing, so somebody must be doing something to them, and they want to know who it is. Rush Limbaugh has answered: it's the rich liberals who own the banks and run the government and run the media. They don't care about you. They just want to give everything away to illegal immigrants and ? and communists and so on.

The reaction we should be having to them is not ridicule, but self-criticism. We are the ones that ought to be organizing them, not Rush Limbaugh. There are historical analogs, which are not exact, of course, but are close enough to be worrisome. This is a whiff of early ? Germany. ? was appealing to groups with similar grievances and giving them crazy answers, but at least they were answers: that is, they blame the Jews and the Bolsheviks. They were the problem.

but keep on keepin on

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    but keep on keepin on

Congradulations on being banned ? ....you are the worst poster on the IC. Go join stormfront.com and stop being obsessed with black culture......oh, and get a life. Your mother must be a ? .
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Congradulations on being banned ? ....you are the worst poster on the IC. Go join stormfront.com and stop being obsessed with black culture......oh, and get a life. Your mother must be a ? .
    Kevin Durant is the truth, I cant wait to see him and Kobe going at it.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I got these cheeseburgers...

image.php?u=165372&dateline=1263394511
  • turqiun
    turqiun Members Posts: 1,491 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What the ? are you guys talking about? My manager is a tiny white girl with a black girl's ass! I don't know how that happened haha.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Kevin Durant is the truth, I cant wait to see him and Kobe going at it.

Durant may be the truth, but Kobe is the LEGEND.....he'll whup Durant's ass in 5 games. Can't wait for Sunday!!!
  • filsfavorit
    filsfavorit Members Posts: 14
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The tea party movement is not legitimate as far as the cause that they want the public to perceive which is low taxes big govt. BS. During th 8 yrs under Bush, he never vetoed a single spending bill. Now, the taxes under Obama are lower than that of Bush's administration. A significant amount of the movement believe our president is not American. They have been chanting we want our country back. My question is from what? These ppl are scared because they see that demographically the country is changing tremendously and they are trying to cling to those same BS conservative arguments about small govt and fiscal responsibility when you did not see them at all when the Iraq war was being fought and the trillions of dollars that have been funneled toward that war.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Durant may be the truth, but Kobe is the LEGEND.....he'll whup Durant's ass in 5 games. Can't wait for Sunday!!!
    Keep your eyes on them Nuggetts...I got a feeling "melo is goin to act a fool.....
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Keep your eyes on them Nuggetts...I got a feeling "melo is goin to act a fool.....

The Nuggests are pretty good this year, Melo is a beast so he'll make some noise.....I'll keep my eye on him. Too bad the Lakers are taking everybody out this year (from the West at least). Only the Cavs and the Magic I'm worried about.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    HAHAHA playmaker u wrong for that one.....we might be considered bullies if Gee757 kills himself some day......he's gotta be the most cracked on poster I've seen since Shift and Kimi
  • turqiun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No one is ? with Kobe still. Durant's my boy but he and Lebron still got a ways to go before they reach "Kobe status"!
  • turqiun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    By the way Durant should be playing here in Seattle not in ? Okla ? homa city! Like WTF all that history gone down the drain, the new owners just packed up and left. Durant will always be a Sonic in my eyes.
This discussion has been closed.