The Official Good Kid, m.A.A.d. City Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Macklemore just moved 78k from his west coast following and I didn't even know he had ? coming out. I don't think kendrick will sell more than meek but I think he will do more than lupe and more than some of yall think
    YoungChamp wrote: »
    Realistically I see Kendrick Pushing 140k Out the Gate,Based off anticipation and Pre-orders, whether its digitally or From Physical Copies or Even Combined. Meek On The Other Hand I see Pushing 75k, Im Just Not that excited with his debut as iam with Kendricks

But a lot of people are though, I guarantee you meek moving more than 75k first week
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Realistically I see Kendrick Pushing 140k Out the Gate,Based off anticipation and Pre-orders, whether its digitally or From Physical Copies or Even Combined. Meek On The Other Hand I see Pushing 75k, Im Just Not that excited with his debut as iam with Kendricks

lol at Meek only selling 75k lmao
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Lupe ain't doing more than 85, what makes ya'll think for one second Kendrick doing 140k. Lupe is way more relevant than Kendrick and a Dr. Dre/Aftermath etc cosign don't mean ? anymore....see (Slaughterhouse, Yellow Wolf).
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    If Lupe ain't doing more than 85, what makes ya'll think for one second Kendrick doing 140k. Lupe is way more relevant than Kendrick and a Dr. Dre/Aftermath etc cosign don't mean ? anymore....see (Slaughterhouse, Yellow Wolf).

But there wasn't as much hype for lupe this time. Lasers(for his diehard fans) and Lack of a single(for the causal fans) hurt Lupe. A lot of people are hype for kendrick ? .....
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    poetic justice! make that numba 10 for drake!!!!
  • YoungChamp
    YoungChamp Members Posts: 298 ✭✭
    Options
    can yall honestly see meek selling 100k, Wale (who is an Better artist) sold 164,000 with ambition, and I see him coming nowwhere near what wale did. Just feel Kendrick Got the west Coast behind him and that his album is probably worth my cake unlike Dreams and Nightmare, But I dont Know Yet
  • usmarin3
    Options

But there wasn't as much hype for lupe this time. Lasers(for his diehard fans) and Lack of a single(for the causal fans) hurt Lupe. A lot of people are hype for kendrick ? .....

Lupe doesn't need hype, he has a fanbase and what is this Kendrick hype. You really think the casual music listener know who Kendrick is, i think not.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    can yall honestly see meek selling 100k, Wale (who is an Better artist) sold 164,000 with ambition, and I see him coming nowwhere near what wale did. Just feel Kendrick Got the west Coast behind him and that his album is probably worth my cake unlike Dreams and Nightmare, But I dont Know Yet

where do you live
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? don't ? my vibe, art of peer pressure and poetic justice best songs so far after first listen

4/5
  • YoungChamp
    Options

where do you live

Im In NC, They Do play more Meek down here, but I've never thought that Meek wasnt anything more than average, I mean his delivery is on point, But rarely does he have Bars that make you say "damn". Very Average to me.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's no way Kendrick goes over 90K first week
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

where do you live

Im In NC, They Do play more Meek down here, but I've never thought that Meek wasnt anything more than average, I mean his delivery is on point, But rarely does he have Bars that make you say "damn". Very Average to me.

we are talking sales not if you think he's dope, i don't see how you can think Meek will do 70k or whatever
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options

Kendrick has the same type of lupe fan base plus the west coast on his back right now. I know kendrick sounds like an underground artist but he has a lot of fans(more fans than I thought and a lot of y'all think). I might eat my words but I think he'll move 100k at least....
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Kendrick gonna do a lot better than ? think when it come to sales.
  • YoungChamp
    Options
    Meek Has No first Single Poppin like that, That Amen track was off the mixtape orignally, and that Track with Kirko isnt all that, Besides I dont see any Promotion or Commercials like that For Meek. Thats why I feel He'll sell under 100k and Kendrick will sell more. Over the last month more People have been asking me about that Swimming Pools song, not Young and gettin it,which means More People were noticing KDot and His Buzzing Single. Ross and MMG isnt doing a great job Promoting Meek Album IMO
  • usmarin3
    Options
    I'll be back in here in about 2 weeks laughing, like when i told ya'll what J Cole was going to sell.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    I'll be back in here in about 2 weeks laughing, like when i told ya'll what J Cole was going to sell.

i look forward to it
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We get it you don't want him to sell close to Cole..funny thing is the same reasons you was saying Cole WOULD sell is identical to your reasons why Kendrick WON'T sell.

I'm a fan of both and their fan bases are very similar. People said Cole didn't have a female fan base but he did from songs like "Lights Please","In the Morning", etc. Just like Kendrick did with tracks like "Growing Apart","No Makeup","Keisha's Song", etc.
  • qtipp73
    qtipp73 Members Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    this ? passes the whip test with flying colors
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    The BDB wrote: »

We get it you don't want him to sell close to Cole..funny thing is the same reasons you was saying Cole WOULD sell is identical to your reasons why Kendrick WON'T sell.

I'm a fan of both and their fan bases are very similar. People said Cole didn't have a female fan base but he did from songs like "Lights Please","In the Morning", etc. Just like Kendrick did with tracks like "Growing Apart","No Makeup","Keisha's Song", etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry9KDl5lk6Y

don't forget they get the same love from BET
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    this ? just dont want kendrick to sell close to or more than J cole. everybody knows this better than sideline story but it will ? his soul if this even sells around Cole's album
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    imma go with 90-100k firstweek, hell, Mackelmore did 75k and 2Chainz did 147k
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really respect this ? ...This is damn near the exact next album I was plannin to make...I still plan to make it from my perspective, but I respect this piece of work....It's beautiful.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In sequence, of course...Seperately, I wasn't more impressed with any if the leaks than I had been with previous individual tracks of his...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Something told me to check the ic tonight off to download. I think 132 1st week. Swimming pools get play
This discussion has been closed.