Does this make Satanism better than Christianity?

Options
SoulRattler of Venom
SoulRattler of Venom Members Posts: 458
edited April 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
The point to Devil worship is not to skin cats or vandalize churches. Instead, it is about celebrating the spiritual scapegoats of history, who are wrongfully blamed for whatever the majority calls "evil." It's about rebelling against authoritarian creeds and dogmas, and fighting against persecution in all of its forms. Being a Devil worshiper is much much harder than just reciting the Lord's Prayer backwards or "blaspheming the Holy Spirit." This is because any good Devil worshiper will stick his or her neck out to defend even Christians from persecution when necessary. When I say "fighting against persecution in all of its forms," I mean persecution in ALL of its forms - no matter who or what it's being directed toward.http://theisticsatanism.com/geifodd/intro.html

Just sayin... out of all my years in church, I never heard once about Christians making a move to defend or support Satanists... or Muslims... or Hindus... or even different subsections i.e. Catholics, Baptists, COGIC, Pentecostal, etc. It seems to me that Christians are the main ones paying lip service to the whole "? loves everybody" thing.

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    IMO Satanist have more morals and respect for other people, but to the same effect both Satanist and Religious folk praise something who doesnt exist, and often go to dangerous extremes to prove it.
  • SoulRattler of Venom
    edited April 2010
    Options
    IMO Satanist have more morals and respect for other people, but to the same effect both Satanist and Religious folk praise something who doesnt exist, and often go to dangerous extremes to prove it.

I completely agree. I'm studying Satanism for the first time and there are subsections within Satanism as well. You have theoretic Satanists who celebrate what Satan represents, atheistic Satanists, theistic Satanists who believe in deities... monotheistic, duotheistic, polytheistic, or pantheistic Satanists.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I believe the reason for Satanists "good morals" is that there is no real high or divine standard for morals. Either it is achievable or over-achieved. There isn't the pressure of trying to be "good"...you determine what is good for yourself...exactly what I believe Satan wants.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lmao at this thread
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wow a new low has been reached, jesus saves believe that
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »
    Wow a new low has been reached, jesus saves believe that

Why is this a new low? His just taking a quote, and discussing it.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im surprised a million bible scriptures arent being posted right now
  • SoulRattler of Venom
    edited April 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    I believe the reason for Satanists "good morals" is that there is no real high or divine standard for morals. Either it is achievable or over-achieved. There isn't the pressure of trying to be "good"...you determine what is good for yourself...exactly what I believe Satan wants.
    pressure = force Do you believe that you should be forced to be a certain way? Do you believe that ? lets people in Heaven who have been forced to be good?
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    im surprised a million bible scriptures arent being posted right now
    What good will they do?
    glowy wrote: »
    Why is this a new low? His just taking a quote, and discussing it.
    That's what I'm thinking. I don't see a new low.
  • alissowack
    edited April 2010
    Options
    pressure = force Do you believe that you should be forced to be a certain way? Do you believe that ? lets people in Heaven who have been forced to be good?

No, but is ? actually forcing anybody to do good? That is the impression though; ? throws a bunch of rules at mankind and says if you don't do this, then you are going to Hell. But, it is not about what mankind can do to get into Heaven.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No, but is ? actually forcing anybody to do good? That is the impression though; ? throws a bunch of rules at mankind and says if you don't do this, then you are going to Hell. But, it is not about what mankind can do to get into Heaven.

? doesnt care about mankind, all we have is a book of don'ts and thats it. Often when mankind tries to do something to help each other out ? or Gods goons stop it. I never could understand why ? would have created us here if he didnt think we could handle ourselves, for someone who knows the future he is blind to us.
  • alissowack
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? doesnt care about mankind, all we have is a book of don'ts and thats it. Often when mankind tries to do something to help each other out ? or Gods goons stop it. I never could understand why ? would have created us here if he didnt think we could handle ourselves, for someone who knows the future he is blind to us.

? does care...just not in the way we want Him to. We want ? to be a means to an end and we are disappointed when we don't get our way. And like I was mentioning, it isn't about what we can do to get into Heaven...it's what has already been done.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? does care...just not in the way we want Him to. We want ? to be a means to an end and we are disappointed when we don't get our way. And like I was mentioning, it isn't about what we can do to get into Heaven...it's what has already been done.

So kids being born into areas with no water, food, jobs, or means to go get these things is gods way of caring? Millions of innocent people dying for no reason during wars, thousands of people who praise his ass constently and would do anything for him dyin because of curable diseases because they think he will heal them. If this is ? 's way of showing he gives a ? then ? aint got no good in him at all.
  • alissowack
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So kids being born into areas with no water, food, jobs, or means to go get these things is gods way of caring? Millions of innocent people dying for no reason during wars, thousands of people who praise his ass constently and would do anything for him dyin because of curable diseases because they think he will heal them. If this is ? 's way of showing he gives a ? then ? aint got no good in him at all.

I would have to borrow this phrase from "heaven"...who is innocent? According to ? , everyone is a sinner no matter how good you are, all are deserving of Hell. I'll take a terminal disease any day if it means I come to understand what ? has done for sin. I won't like it, but I hope to persevere.