Leaked Debate Agreement Shows Both Obama & Romney Are Sniveling Cowards

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
edited October 2012 in The Social Lounge
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Options
    I wonder if they will outlaw handkerchiefs? if so,I guess we'll see Romney real sweat?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    yeah, it's pretty lame, but i guess this is America in 2012
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To be fair, Obama and Romney did break many of those rules. They asked each other direct questions at least 10 times tonight, and the debate is still going on
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can understand why they asked for some of those in place. Not saying I agree. But I can understand the rationale for most of these.

"The candidates may not ask each other direct questions during any of the four debates."
    - They probably don't want to be called out on their ? by the other candidate.

"The candidates shall not address each other with proposed pledges."
    - Probably to stop themselves from making stupid pledges that they'll be held to after the election.

"At no time during the October 3 First Presidential debate shall either candidate move from his designated area behind the respective podium."
    - Probably just to keep the control in the moderator's hands (even though he pretty much failed at that).

For the October 16 town-hall-style debate, "the moderator will not ask follow-up questions or comment on either the questions asked by the audience or the answers of the candidates during the debate...."
    - Probably so the moderator doesn't usurp the audience's question. But i think this might've been broken tonight.

"The audience members shall not ask follow-up questions or otherwise participate in the extended discussion, and the audience member's microphone shall be turned off after he or she completes asking the questions."
    - This was probably just to keep it moving, so they don't get bogged down on one audience member; or to prevent some attention-? from trying to get extra air time and become talk on the media the next day.

"The Commission shall take appropriate steps to cut-off the microphone of any...audience member who attempts to pose any question or statement different than that previously posed to the moderator for review."
    - This is probably so someone doesn't like and end up asking Obama something stupid like "Do you act niggerish when with Michelle" or asking Romney something stupid like "If Israel and Palestine agreed to permanent peace and a permanent solution to their issue, and the entire deal was hinged on your drinking a hot drink, would you?"

"No candidate may reference or cite any specific individual sitting in a debate audience (other than family members) at any time during a debate."
    - Probabaly to avoid another "Joe the Plumber" aka Joe Werzelzkjptgjkpfr4e39-whatever-the-? -his-name-is-type situation like last time.

For the town-hall debate: "Each candidate may move about in a pre-designated area, as proposed by the Commission and approved by each campaign, and may not leave that area while the debate is underway."
    - Probably just so Romney doesn't stand in front of Obama and take camera time away or so Obama doesn't stand in front of Romney and take camera time away. Or just so both can have a clear view at all times of the moderator and the audience, so they know their cues.

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    fuss over nothing. U lost if you didnt think both parties had to agree to stuff like this before a debate.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I have high hopes for this election. Obama kicked Robme's ass with no ? giving about rules. Heyslick got banned. Things are looking up..
  • oswald mathewson
    oswald mathewson Members Posts: 1
    Options
    President Obama stressed his belief that while every American should be self reliant, they should also be given a fair shot

-Presidencial Debate - President Obama Closing Comments-

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    lol @ these no-name ass Third Parties that get like 0.00000003% support in national polls frontin like they really deserve to be on stage w/ Obama, then catchin feelings and crying to Democracy Now! and RT like lil ? when they don't get a invite cuz nobody gives a ? about "The Justice Party" or whoever. Chile please. ? act like Ross Perot wasn't out there debating Clinton and Bush as an Independent just 20 years ago. And the consensus was dat Perot won that 1st debate too. If he didn't self-destruct and was willing to spend hundreds of millions on ads (amazingly, he was too stingy about his BILLIONS to even come close to doing this), Perot coulda easily been POTUS.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, they pretty much broke all those agreements. Romney directly addressed Obama. The moderators did comment on answers given. And there were plenty of shots displaying reactions of the candidates.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    lol @ these no-name ass Third Parties that get like 0.00000003% support in national polls frontin like they really deserve to be on stage w/ Obama, then catchin feelings and crying to Democracy Now! and RT like lil ? when they don't get a invite cuz nobody gives a ? about "The Justice Party" or whoever.
    counterpoint: if we added a third-party candidate to the Obama/Romney mix, we'd have a shot at having two candidates on stage!