Who's The BEtter Rapper/Lyricist: Kendrick Lamar or J Cole

Options
StillFaggyAF
StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in The Reason

Who's The BEtter Rapper/Lyricist: Kendrick Lamar or J Cole 83 votes

Light skinned Jermaine
24%
[Deleted User]nawledge_god2stepz_aheadbig meechR.D.Stewinvincible_334bhercBodhiNothingButTheTruthrunningwolf1980blackblocTheRicanKingA$AP_A$TONHollywood_ColeKamPushMesavagekCashmoneyDuxLUClENdaceace 20 votes
Kendrick Duckworth
75%
wilberdmillzbuttuh_bsupergangsterit's me bi***esjayhi22almighty breezeinfamous114Trillaaaaaajust.might.b.okyeah i rap so don't LcnsdbyROYALTYbkzlostchildhueyP. TownredhandedbanditCymicaldaneaf.r.i.c.a.clairvoyance_CharlesPrestonDOPEdweebz 63 votes

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick. J. Cole is my ? though.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Duckworth
    Duckworth and it ain't even close. All that hype jermaine has and most of his album his pure garbage.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    They both are ass...where's the "neither" option?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Kendrick Duckworth
    K.Dot
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Duckworth
    K Dot, I like both artist though.
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »

This..

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Duckworth
    cole is not ? with kendrick ... straight up
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick is, but J Cole has way more upside as a artist imo. I think he'll have a better career and bigger impact
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Lol @ the lowkey Biggie reference in the OP.

...But I'm going with Kendrick. I ? with Cole too though.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Duckworth
    ? you went from j.cole being a better rapper that will have a better debut album to j cole has way more upside as a artist (don't even know what that ? that means). You sounding like a theist that believes in science.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Kendrick is, but J Cole has way more upside as a artist imo. I think he'll have a better career and bigger impact

I think J Cole's next album (assuming he has another big single) is going plat
  • AdidasWun
    AdidasWun Members Posts: 443
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Kendrick Duckworth
    Kendrick is a million miles better than J Cole to me. Makes way, way better Music. His Album Good Kid Mad City is way ahead in quality of anything J Cole has ever released

Kendricks Lyrics are dope, he has emotion, can do good Hooks, has dope Production, dope Flow. While J Cole to me sounds boring and his hook crafting is weak and his Production is the biggest turn off and weakness in his Music.
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »

this..... Like I said in the other thread when they're at the top of their game the QUALITY OF MUSIC is the same but kendrick is a better artist and more versatile.
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.Cole's album got boring real quick he had some real good tracks but too much talk about women on the album for me.

Kendrick's album covered a lot more to me. And overall he's better in my opinion.
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Onyx_Guard wrote: »
    ? you went from j.cole being a better rapper that will have a better debut album to j cole has way more upside as a artist (don't even know what that ? that means). You sounding like a theist that believes in science.

I do believe J Cole is a better rapper, to me J Cole can do what Kendrick can with spitting that lyrical ? , he did with The Come Up and Warm Up. Can Kendrick do what J Cole do though, make those commercial records and still lyrical. To me what made all the great rappers great is their ability to walk the line between commercial and underground, i don't think Kendrick has any mainstream appeal at all.

As far as straight spitting right now, i do believe Kendrick is spitting better.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Kendrick Duckworth
    Poetic Justice > nobodys perfect> cant get enough and work out
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I do believe J Cole is a better rapper, to me J Cole can do what Kendrick can with spitting that lyrical ? , he did with The Come Up and Warm Up. Can Kendrick do what J Cole do though, make those commercial records and still lyrical. To me what made all the great rappers great is their ability to walk the line between commercial and underground, i don't think Kendrick has any mainstream appeal at all.

As far as straight spitting right now, i do believe Kendrick is spitting better.

I agree with you except on the part about Kendrick not having any mainstream appeal when the dude is just starting off on the commercial/mainstream tip. Give it time...at least he's not attention ? (doing and saying controversial ? ) his way to stay in the public eye like a lot of other mainstream Hip Hop acts.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Duckworth

yeah you right ... kendrick needs to make a dope track like "workout" ... that way he can really be down with dat "mainstream"
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Kendrick Duckworth
    swimming pools right now is #61 on the hot 100 and is gaining steam.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can Kendrick do what J Cole do though, make those commercial records and still lyrical.

Work Out was lyrical?
  • StillFaggyAF
    edited October 2012
    Options
    with poetic justice, Kendrick has a change to break into the mainstream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~US US R&B US Rap

"Swimming Pools (Drank)" 61 ~~14 ~~~~~~11

up 10 spots from last week

Nobody's Perfect peaked at 61 for context
  • AdidasWun
    AdidasWun Members Posts: 443
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Kendrick Duckworth
    Even J Cole fans admitted his commercial Singles Work Out & Can't Get Enough were wack Songs and were generally recieved poorly by even his own fans. These were typical R&B/Pop Singles that everyone has heard a million times before a type of Song that's been made over and over by so many Rappers.

And how can Kendrick not do what J Cole did on those Singles? anyone can get Trey Songz to make them a Hook for the Song and feature on it doing the Hook for them on their own Song and Rap about women and hoes on the Verses. Everyone been doing that forever a million Songs like that exist an R7B Singer featuring doing the Hook for them while the Rapper Raps about women.

Kendrick Lemar does his own Hooks himself not only just does them himself but actually Harmonizes them too so watchu talkin bout
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with Kendrick a lot more....Cole is cool though if he didn't produce he'd be a lot less entertaining
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Poetic Justice > nobodys perfect> cant get enough and work out

Doesn't matter what you think, just know that Work out went platinum, Can't get enough went gold, and Nobody is perfect went platinum.

Ya'll going to be in for a reality check when Kendricks album sales comes in.