My 49ers took this ? Ted Ginn off the Dolphins hands

Options
killap
killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Dolphins trade Ginn to 49ers

ESPN.com

Fresh off their acquisition of Brandon Marshall, the Miami Dolphins on Friday traded wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. to the San Francisco 49ers.

The trade was first reported on the Twitter account of Fox's Jay Glazer. The 49ers will send a late-round pick in this year's draft to Miami, a league source confirmed to ESPN.com's Mike Sando. The draft is April 22-24.

Its a fifth round pick if anyone is wondering

Comments

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    he can be good, as a slot reciever and return man though....so i think its a good trade, especially if they only trade a 5th or 6th rounder

(which would make me smh at them for not givin up a 5th for Santonio Holmes, but thats another story)
  • killap
    edited April 2010
    Options
    at least are return game will improve so we dont have to use a high pick on that...more than likely he will go into camp our 5th WR with a chance to move up to #3 but I'd rather keep him at 5
  • quanman
    quanman Members Posts: 64
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That's a great trade for my niners
  • killap
    edited April 2010
    Options
    he can be good, as a slot reciever and return man though....so i think its a good trade, especially if they only trade a 5th or 6th rounder

(which would make me smh at them for not givin up a 5th for Santonio Holmes, but thats another story)

we needed a return man so if we got Santonio we would still have to use a high pick to get a Spiller, Ford type of player
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    not a bad trade. at worst, 49ers get a return man thats only 25. dolphins get something for a guy that was gonna be 4th or 5th on their depth chart

smh @ ted ginn and santonio both going for a 5th rounder tho. santonio ought to be mad as ?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    we needed a return man so if we got Santonio we would still have to use a high pick to get a Spiller, Ford type of player

what up killa they aren't gonna be taking knuckleheads on the team like Santanio and he was dealt b/c one more thing and he's out for the year This was a good pick and makes picking spiller pointless I like spiller but why draft a back up rb who is gonna get 5 touches a game that high. They will take Bulaga and hopefully Graham or Kyle Wilson at 17

I mean the dolphins gotta feel like ? they wasted a high pick on Ginn and had to let him go for a 5th rounder

what happened to the official niners thread or we gotta start a new one
  • Imaginary Playaz
    Imaginary Playaz Members Posts: 199
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Teddy Ginn couldn't catch AIDS from a ? . You know Brady Quinn is sitting there saying I told yall he sucked
    0.jpg
  • cleanraesable
    cleanraesable Members Posts: 210
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I was at Ohio State with Ted Ginn and the dude flat out flies. He may have bad hands, but once he gets in the open field it is lights out. There are all sorts of big tough guys on the field, but if those guys can't catch you then you are a major asset IMHO. He has talent and if he works hard he can improve. It's up to him.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

exactly what i was thinkin
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Teddy Ginn couldn't catch AIDS from a ? . You know Brady Quinn is sitting there saying I told yall he sucked
    0.jpg

lol..........

that ? Ted Ginn couldnt catch a cold in a blizzard b
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He may not have consistent hands but that ? can run. He can be San Fran's deep threat. You have two decent recievers and a TE + a good running game to go along with that D. If yall can get some decent play out of your QB you should win that division this year.
  • Imaginary Playaz
    edited April 2010
    Options
    End of Discussion

Make sure ya'll peep Joey Porter's reaction at the 1:02 mark
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    End of Discussion

lmao

this further confirms my beliefs that brandon marshall will have a monster year. a lot of those passes couldnt have been any easier to catch
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I was at Ohio State with Ted Ginn and the dude flat out flies. He may have bad hands, but once he gets in the open field it is lights out. There are all sorts of big tough guys on the field, but if those guys can't catch you then you are a major asset IMHO. He has talent and if he works hard he can improve. It's up to him.

yea he fast but he soft as ? . you cant improve on being soft
  • killap
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    what up killa they aren't gonna be taking knuckleheads on the team like Santanio and he was dealt b/c one more thing and he's out for the year This was a good pick and makes picking spiller pointless I like spiller but why draft a back up rb who is gonna get 5 touches a game that high. They will take Bulaga and hopefully Graham or Kyle Wilson at 17

I mean the dolphins gotta feel like ? they wasted a high pick on Ginn and had to let him go for a 5th rounder

what happened to the official niners thread or we gotta start a new one

word what did happen to our thread?

I actually am starting to like Patrick Robinson out of FSU for number 17 maybe even trade down a couple spots but I'm glad were makin moves maybe Scott Mcclaughin was holding us back
  • killap
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tweet from Patrick Willis..."He don't need to(catch). Lol but he can return faster then u can cut the lights off and be in bed. U feel me"
  • Imaginary Playaz
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tweet from Patrick Willis..."He don't need to(catch). Lol but he can return faster then u can cut the lights off and be in bed. U feel me"

lmao @ his new teammates treating Ted Ginn like Forrest Gump. Run Teddy Run
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Dolphins silly for that one.
    Now they have Marshall, it may have helped Ginn in Miami. Or just make him into a full-time PR/KR guy.
    Good move for SF.
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    End of Discussion

LOL @ JERRY PORTER!
    That was awful film on a WR...not too mention a first rounder. OUCH.
    Even that Cam Cameron intro for Ginn was awful. LOL

I remember people trying to compare Ginn to Bush, Hester and Harvin.
    I thought Hester had issues at WR...damn. Hester way better than GInn at WR.

Mike SIngletary is going to kick off his ass though. I bet Ginn starts catching in SF. LOL
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No excuse for Ginn but to be a little fair...he was supposed to be a CB at OSU.
    They eventually played him at WR for his speed.
  • killap
    edited April 2010
    Options
    End of Discussion

LOL at Joey Porter
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I actually like the trade like people mentioned it kind of kills two birds with one stone we solve our kick return issues and we get someone that can go over the top with people focusing on crabtree and Vernon. It also pretty much guarantees us that we wont be drafted Dez bryant or CJ Spiller which makes them able to address two needs in the first Oline and Secondary, then in the second they can go with a passrusher.
  • killap
    edited April 2010
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    No excuse for Ginn but to be a little fair...he was supposed to be a CB at OSU.
    They eventually played him at WR for his speed.

I believe he was the #1 DB recruit in the country...ah welll
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I believe he was the #1 DB recruit in the country...ah welll

Yeah he was.

I think he came out of Glenville after Donte Whitner (Bills), who was also rated #1 also I think.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Smh at both Bay Area teams havin' the same kinds of players and ? ' up the same kinds of ways.....

Louis Murphy = a taller, faster, Michael Crabtree

JaCarcus Bustell = a slower, fatter, bigger bust version of Alex Smith. A fellow #1 pic.

DHB = a taller Ted Ginn Jr.

I hate the Niners, so maybe this pick up will be good as long as he never learns how to catch. :tu......