Rakim Says Jay-Z Is His Current Favorite Emcee

Options
2»

Comments

• misterSelf
    misterSelf Members Posts: 5
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well its between, Nas,Pac,Jay,Biggie,Ice Cube,Scarface,Rakim,Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap.
    I won't disagree that these are probably the best MCs of all time, but their opinion about who or what they like shouldn't necessarily influence your opinion. It's called having a mind of your own.
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited April 2010
    Options
    misterSelf wrote: »
    I sure hope you don't believe that. As an aside, why does it matter what Rakim thinks? Yes, he was a great MC and arguably one of the best to ever pick up a mic, but he's still human. He has his biases and his failings. His opinion, and remember that's all it is, is no different and should hold no more weight than anyone on this site.

said...not says. The tense makes all the difference.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Rakim is the best to ever do it. With that said, I dont agree with Jay-Z
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, real recognize real...................
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    man hov been in the game for over 10 years...and now everyone on his ? like he's godd...he's like the hip hop bono, i.e. overrated

hov turned ? with all the fame....he use to be chillin with beanie and dame up in th VIP, but now he chillin with Coldplay and Bill Gates lol..

so when he spit that tough guy ? i giggle like beyonce
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Real recognizes real.
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    pff ...

he still whack to me.
  • kirkangil
    kirkangil Members Posts: 354 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Glad Rakim bowed down to the ? after that whooping he took on that Watcher 2 song.
  • redranger1
    redranger1 Members Posts: 59
    edited April 2010
    Options
    wonder if the run this town shout did anything. nas somwhere mad
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

so when he spit that tough guy ? i giggle like beyonce

well you keep giggling like beyonce then...

????
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    wow. its been almost 6 years since Nas mentioned Rakims bastard children on UBR and this dude still catching feelings over it. i guess the shady records deal fell through also. i could of swore he was sucking eminem ? not too long ago. i cant believe the so called ? mc has to resort to ass kissing like this to keep his name relevant.

"get that money" is rakims new slogan. smh. im not suprised. this is the same 5 pretender that sold his soul to st ides, colt and hennesey. i guess he is money orinted now because his album went quadruple fail. or he could be all about the money since he is a dead beat dad who always gets arrested for not paying child support. like GZA said. "lip profession ass ? cant feed they own seeds". get that money could also represent the time in rakims life when he was getting extorted by alpo and got knocked out by the real 50 cent for his mercedez benz chain. he is still haunted by the fact Eric B was knocking off his baby moms and one of his seeds may be Eric B
  • DaPrinciplez
    DaPrinciplez Members Posts: 1,148
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    wow. its been almost 6 years since Nas mentioned Rakims bastard children on UBR and this dude still catching feelings over it. i guess the shady records deal fell through also. i could of swore he was sucking eminem ? not too long ago. i cant believe the so called ? mc has to resort to ass kissing like this to keep his name relevant.

"get that money" is rakims new slogan. smh. im not suprised. this is the same 5 pretender that sold his soul to st ides, colt and hennesey. i guess he is money orinted now because his album went quadruple fail. or he could be all about the money since he is a dead beat dad who always gets arrested for not paying child support. like GZA said. "lip profession ass ? cant feed they own seeds". get that money could also represent the time in rakims life when he was getting extorted by alpo and got knocked out by the real 50 cent for his mercedez benz chain. he is still haunted by the fact Eric B was knocking off his baby moms and one of his seeds may be Eric B

HAHAHAHAHA........thats hectic.
    Anyway, your right though, I seen an interview Rakim did in France a few years ago when he said Eminem was the best alive.....
    BUT at the same time, noone could tell me Nas wasn't the best alive then after Untitled and Blueprint 3 were done, Jay finally made good on his claims of bein King of NYC after the fall he took from Ether....so opinions change in time, no matter how strongly you believe in somethin at one time of ya life....
    Jay the best alive.....its certified, its BEEN certified.

Oh and whoever said Jay did Ra in on The Watcher 2, you a damn fool....
    Rakim killed that ? ......Jay went hard but Rakim killed that track and thats certified too.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »

thats wild, i read that interview wit kane and you know kane didn't wanna ? on ra but you could tell that he has some suckaism about him.
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited April 2010
    Options
    rakim had a better verse on the watcher 2...you kidding me? hell, best part of jigga's verse on that ? was his adlibs "how can i eat for a livin ? ?" that ? had me ROFLin.