Can lebron be better than mj?

Options
blackjack2012
blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I'm watching ESPN and Chris brucesard says lebron doesnt have to win as many rings as Jordan to be considered the goat. Do yall agree? They also saying since he won one he's gettin two or three more.
Why is the bar set lower for this guy or are they setting him up for failure.

Comments

• KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No niggaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. Lebron would have to win MORE rings than Jordan to make up for his lack of basketball skills in comparison. Also, Lebron's defense isn't anywhere near as good.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. Lebron would have to win MORE rings than Jordan to make up for his lack of basketball skills in comparison. Also, Lebron's defense isn't anywhere near as good.

Lmfao
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lmfao

Dude trolls every Bron thread...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    may one day be better but wont be greater.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    So y'all actually think Lebron has a better basketball skill-set than Jordan? SMH these new Lebron fans are the worst.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, people need to shut the ? up with that ring argument and then conveniently dismiss Bill Russell's accomplishments. I think individually Lebron will win as many if not more mvps than MJ and break alot of scoring records, i don't see him winning 6 rings though but he will come close.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    may one day be better but wont be greater.

Neither..
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Yes, people need to shut the ? up with that ring argument and then conveniently dismiss Bill Russell's accomplishments. I think individually Lebron will win as many if not more mvps than MJ and break alot of scoring records, i don't see him winning 6 rings though but he will come close.

you do realize the bill russell arguement is dumb as hell right??
  • blackjack2012
    Options

I hear what you sayin, but they also talked about Jordan being six for six champion and six finals mvps. I don't think lebron will have any scoring records maybe equal his reg. season mvps but that's it...remember he played in two finals and never scored over 24 points in those games and was swept out his frist appearance
  • blackjack2012
    Options
    So y'all actually think Lebron has a better basketball skill-set than Jordan? SMH these new Lebron fans are the worst.

He's a better passer and rebounder that's it
  • rage
    Options

I hear what you sayin, but they also talked about Jordan being six for six champion and six finals mvps. I don't think lebron will have any scoring records maybe equal his reg. season mvps but that's it...remember he played in two finals and never scored over 24 points in those games and was swept out his frist appearance

Lebron actually made it to the finals...twice before the age of 26 and won his first at the age of 27. Jordan got eliminated by the Pistons three straight times in the ECF before he won his first chip at the age of 28. Lets keep things in perspective.
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    rage wrote: »

Lebron actually made it to the finals...twice before the age of 26 and won his first at the age of 27. Jordan got eliminated by the Pistons three straight times in the ECF before he won his first chip at the age of 28. Lets keep things in perspective.

actually it was only two straight to the pistons

so if you equate jordans first two deep run losses to lebrons two finals losses at a young age, then factor in the 2 seasons that jordan didnt play after his dads death and say lebron will play straight thru. if lebron doesnt win more then six he cant be better than jordan imo
  • blackjack2012
    Options

It took lebron 9 yrs and a different team, Jordan took 7 yrs...let's keep things in perspective now.
  • rage
    Options

It took lebron 9 yrs and a different team, Jordan took 7 yrs...let's keep things in perspective now.

And this is a knock against Lebron how? You're essentially saying Bron was better at a younger age.

91 Bulls had Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant and Phil. Before these three arrived Jordon wasnt getting out of the ECF.
  • blackjack2012
    Options

And this is a knock against Lebron how? You're essentially saying Bron was better at a younger age.

91 Bulls had Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant and Phil. Before these three arrived Jordan wasnt getting out of the ECF.

What? I said it took Jordan less years in the league and if I remember he didn't choke his first two tries
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Here we go with this ? argument again. Let the man complete his career then we'll chat. For now, hell no.
  • UPTOWN
    edited October 2012
    Options

91 Bulls had Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant and Phil. Before these three arrived Jordon wasnt getting out of the ECF.

well rage .... each and every person you named came to the chicago bulls in 1987

meaning they were all there when "jordan wasnt getting out of the ECF"

before those three arrived, jordan was in his 3rd season

they were all there when the bulls got eliminated twice by detroit in the ECF. so actually those players/coach werent added and then jordan suddenly started winning

this was a while ago so maybe you need to google this stuff, get your facts straight, then come with your arguement

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No man its set in stone MJ is the GOAT... This hypothticl bs irrelevant plus Broussrd is known Lebron diksucker
  • blackjack2012
    Options
    No man its set in stone MJ is the GOAT... This hypothticl bs irrelevant plus Broussrd is known Lebron diksucker

When I heard him say he don't even need as many rings I was speechless
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cant take these so called sports journalists seriously anymore ? like Skip and Broussard are ruining ?
  • blackjack2012
    Options

Cant take these so called sports journalists seriously anymore ? like Skip and Broussard are ruining ?

Steven a smith checked him and dropped facts, but you be surprised to know that some people actually agree with broussard
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no but... this is the social media age...... so eventually..
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seem like only in basketball are the greats diminished, how quickly they forget.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I mean i can see him breaking Kareems all time scoring record, if he stays consistent and healthy. I don't care what he did in those two finals, he has a opportunity to erase all that ? . When it's all said and done dude is gonna do some serious damage imo, he's only 28 and already has 3 league mvps and 1 finals mvp.

I also think he has the opportunity to average a triple double this year.