BREAKING NEWS OKC JUST TRADED JAMES HARDEN TO THE ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    like i said in da NBA thread great trade for da thunder idk why these lakers fans think its a red carpet for them to get to da finals get a bench nd worry bout da clippers before yall claim da west is a cakewalk
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harden was the 3rd pick in the draft he's already made 13 mil and will make 20 mil of his rookie contract alone and has endorsements wit nike or champs sports

4-5 mil shouldn't of been nothin to duke.Winning rings or at least playing for titles>>> playing for a trash team

lmao @ 4-5 million not meaning ? .......that extra 4 million could keep him off an ESPN broke episode you never know
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    I like Harden and I think he's a good piece for the Rockets after finally hoarding assets for all these years. However......These ? gave up more for Harden then ? had to give up for Dwight (as somebody in this thread already said.) I've made a bunch of threads about this idiot Morey needing to be fired, this is just more proof.

So you're really gonna compare one of the worst trades of all time with this trade? Hennigan should be fired for that trade and lets not forget they weren't getting the best possible package from ANY TEAM because dwight said he wouldn't resign anywhere but BK. Martin was leaving anyway and dallas pick is useless so once again, we just moved a POTENTIAL lottery pick(top 3 protected) and an unproven rookie(who I do think will be good) for James Harden. The trade is good for both teams period. Or should we have kept the dallas pick so we could have another pick between 14-20.. because thats worked out so well for us the last couple years...

The Rockets coulda pushed to be the team that landed Bynum though..but you're right, no reason to compare the two trades.

Ya moved a lottery pick, it's not gonna be a top 3 pick ? the Raptors are actually pretty good, the other pick with Jeremy Lamb who I agree will be good for Harden. I like Harden like I said but the problem is the collection of moves they've made.

Let's understand that they're gonna be paying Jeremy Lin like 15mil in the 3rd year when they had a much better and more proven pg in Goran Dragic that they could've resigned. They followed that up by paying Omer Asik (who I like) the same kinda contract. When you're a GM that has hoarded prospects as long as Morey and you end up with Lin-Asik-Harden as your top 3, you need to be removed from your position.
  • MillzOG
    Options
    Not to mention ya still have the problem of 10 PF's that are the same size and play virtually the same way. When he starts flipping those guys for proven players then he'll get some credit from me.
  • bkzlostchild
    bkzlostchild Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harden is all bout that money tho...i ? with Kevin Martin tho, not sure about Lamb yet
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...people talking about harden is a bench player......................harden is a starter who took on a bench role....h deserves that money....
    OKC can build another harden...u cant easily build another ibaka
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    like i said in da NBA thread great trade for da thunder idk why these lakers fans think its a red carpet for them to get to da finals get a bench nd worry bout da clippers before yall claim da west is a cakewalk

Not one real laker fan has posted in this thread yet keep that in mind.

I tried to tell ? don't sleep on the clip set they are capable of winning the west
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Not one real laker fan has posted in this thread yet keep that in mind.

I tried to tell ? don't sleep on the clip set they are capable of winning the west

yea Clippers got sumthin da lakers dont in depth they're 2 deep at every position when healthy its gon take a lil while for da lakers to gel im not overly impressed wit Mike Brown or their bench. Meeks nd jamison are da only ones who i think can consistently contribute
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if OKC flipped some of these assets for another superstar.If Bynum and/or CP3 hit free agency this summer they have more than enough pieces to make a move
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=pLKLG_gCHJ4

This don't mean the same thing now. Cyhi still snapped tho
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact that we got more for harden than the magic got for Howard is still mindfucking me.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the clippers....

Bigs who cant shoot outside the key
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wanna feel bad for lakers but ? it...."i told you" will do
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Bull

Clippers have no bench? Their bench is potentially a Top 5 bench in the NBA.

Crawford, Hill, Odom, Billups, Bledsoe, Barnes, Hollins & Turiaf can all play.

Who in the West is ? with that bench besides Denver (Who are 0 threat in the Playoffs)?

LAL? No. OKC? Maybe their top 3 (Collison, Martin, Maynor). Memphis? No. SA? Yes because of Manu, Splitter/Blair, Green, Neal and Bonnor. But they have no height. Dallas? Nope.

You can nitpick the bench all you want, but there is more talent there then on many of the other contenders.

Who are these "Post" players that are going to abuse CP3 & Crawford magically in the 4th? Kobe... And then who?

Their only true weakness is their garbage offensive scheme, and the fact that they don't rotate on defense at all, which is an IQ thing, like you said.

Easily a Top 4 team in the West. And can beat damn near anybody.

• BlackAX410
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    yea Clippers got sumthin da lakers dont in depth they're 2 deep at every position when healthy its gon take a lil while for da lakers to gel im not overly impressed wit Mike Brown or their bench. Meeks nd jamison are da only ones who i think can consistently contribute

nosign, the clippers aint THAT deep. they signed like 4 small forwards....none of them can play at once
    matt barnes
    grant hill
    odom
    caron butler

billups is STILL hurt and he was the real engine that made them look great last year. they were a number 2 seed b4 he got hurt last year and fell to 4 seed afterward

jamal crawford is a classic numbers guy who never wins and he will get abused on defense cuz he is undersized. who are the clippers stopping with their crunch time lineup
    cp3
    crawford
    caron
    blake
    deandre

no defense except for deandre blocks but his IQ is low
    cp3 and crawford will be the smallest backcourt gettin abused in the post
    blake SUX on d despite being crazy athletic

spurs exposed the clippers, they run NO sets, just trap cp3 on the pick and roll and force Griffin to shoot the 16 foot jumper and its a WRAP!!!!

Spurs exposed em? they have a betta roster dis year nd I like how u didnt mention da rapidly improving Eric Bledsoe. I dont understand where dis "Lakers got da west cuz OKC traded james harden" ? is comin from tho yall have some flaws I still like OKC against yall in a playoff matchup
  • MillzOG
    Options
    ^^^^^ lol that's GOAT
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
  • DaBull
    Options
    jayhi22 wrote: »
    @Bull

Who in the West is ? with that bench besides Denver (Who are 0 threat in the Playoffs)?

you proving my point playa, that is 8 players on ya bench. add that to the starting 5 and thats 13 freakin players yo......LOL you ever heard of too many guys????? goodness is every1 gonna play 20 minutes a night? they wont have any rhythm at all. Let me break it down for da slow nikkas

2 superstars who have to play 40 min a night (Blake and cp3)
    2 regular ? that you paid mad $$$ so they have to play at least 30 min (Deandre and caron)
    thats leaves about 48 minutes for 9 players......wit Vinny as da coach..LOLOLOLOLOL aww man

the clippers are the only team that have 12 guys that all started last year....every one started in 2012, now they pose be cool coming off bench, FOH
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thunder stay making smart moves...
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    jayhi22 wrote: »
    @Bull

you proving my point playa, that is 8 players on ya bench. add that to the starting 5 and thats 13 freakin players yo......LOL you ever heard of too many guys????? goodness is every1 gonna play 20 minutes a night? they wont have any rhythm at all. Let me break it down for da slow nikkas

2 superstars who have to play 40 min a night (Blake and cp3)
    2 regular ? that you paid mad $$$ so they have to play at least 30 min (Deandre and caron)
    thats leaves about 48 minutes for 9 players......wit Vinny as da coach..LOLOLOLOLOL aww man

the clippers are the only team that have 12 guys that all started last year....every one started in 2012, now they pose be cool coming off bench, FOH

All those cats are going to play we all know them ? are injury prone they will have minutes thats the main reason they signed all those cats . People are stupid I would rather have a whole bunch of people that can play . Then depend on 3 old ? and 1 dude coming off injury to play heavy minutes all season and expect them to be competitive during the playoffs.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That trade did give everybody life in the west tho just being honest.
  • DaBull
    Options
    ehhh, ya'll overrateing the clippers but whatever, they will be very average IMO. i only have faith i nthem if Chauncey comes back healthy cuz he is a real playoff leader