The Walking Dead: Differences between the comic and tv show.

Options
BoldChild
BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
WARNING: Be wary of spoilers, if you think something may be a spoiler, put it in tags. Also, we have no idea what the tv show is going to do, so sometimes we may spoil something without realizing. Not like it matters though, we wont know it was an actual spoiler until we see it on tv.

Well at this point in time, Carol was a blonde hair MILF getting smashed by Tyresse/tyrone(forgot his name)

Tyresse has been replaced by Daryl.

Carol's daughter was still alive

Herschel has taken the place of Dale, and another character.

Carol is now a dusty grey haired women..

Andrea was never separated from the group, and she was a more likable character than she is on the show.

After they get the prison setup Michioone arrives and gets into a relationship with Tyresse, and Carol gets all depressed and kills herself.

lol if they have Daryl and Michoone get together.

Comments

• CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEA MICHIONNE just found her way to the prison, none of the nonsense they are doing now

Sophia is supposed to be alive

Tyrese aint there, this is where he was smashing all the females.

from reading all the upcoming

Rick didnt contain all the prisoners in the comic they had free reign and they wanted to stay away from the group which leads to only 1 bad thing.

Dale was jealous of how close andrea and tyrese were getting(which brings me to the point that thier relationship never materialized, they had her mess with shane who died outside ATL in the comics)

they only spent a few days on Herschels farm, but spent almost a year outside ATL in the comics
  • BoldChild
    Options
    Yeah, they apparently lived through winter and spring during the gap between season 2 and 3.

The Governor didn't have a room full of heads, his zombie daughter was in there.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Otis was still alive when they got to the prison
    Dale lived well past the prison
    Carl killed Shane
    The whole CDC storyline never happened in the comics
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    andrea never had beef with the group like season 2 portrayed if she did i cant remember irt
  • BoldChild
    Options
    MobTown wrote: »
    andrea never had beef with the group like season 2 portrayed if she did i cant remember irt

That's right, she was a likable character in the comic, and she ain't have beef with no one.

But in the show, she is just one of those characters that you want to see die already, they turned her into a ? hoe.
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    her and lorie got the same treatment, im gonna chalk that up the bad writing cause i didnt hate comic lorie. I hated comic dale though but liked him in the tv show.

we should changed this thread into difference between the comic and tv show up to the current point and avoid spoilers that way people can see the differences
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just got put on to the walking dead like a month ago.. got both season and im hooked on it now!

didnt even know it a comic book..
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SHane didnt make it past the second issue of S2

Rick was always a bad ass in the comics.

Carl was a trill ass ? in the comics too not just up unto this time int he tv show.
  • Rondre Sleaze Twin
    Rondre Sleaze Twin Members Posts: 368 ✭✭
    Options
    because I read the comics all the way to issue 103. this show is ? trash. They butchered the comics storyline.
    Where's badass Rick that kills everyone? and Carl and Michione
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'ma find these comic books ? sounds way more entertaining
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You figure they need to change it so it isn't the same exact predictable ? .

I can bet if it was comic book exact, there would be complaints that there's no surprise factor.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    because I read the comics all the way to issue 103. this show is ? trash. They butchered the comics storyline.

The comics and the show have the same quality but different routes, i like the tv show im glad they didn't follow the comic book word for word
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    Rick, glen, and michonne where the first to meet the governor not andrea and michonne

Leaving it there to avoid spoilers

Also it seems they made the governor an actual governor when in the comics he was just a normal dude who was called that.

Last but not least the national guard thing they doing in the show...thats new, didnt exist in the comic but i know why they did the change.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The comics and the show have the same quality but different routes, i like the tv show im glad they didn't follow the comic book word for word

c/s i think they have done a good job with the show. of course they gonna stray away from the comics i mean shane got killed Carl in what the 1st or 2nd comic. You can't do that on tv. gotta draw it out and play up the emotional ? hat makes for good tv.

sidenote anybody got a link to comics 31-103 i kinda stopped reading ? got pretty boring once they got to the community
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    naw the DC and after was trill it picked up again in major ways

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'ma find these comic books ? sounds way more entertaining

Just hit up the torrents. You'll find them.

Another difference. Hershel had a bunch of kids in the comics.
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    there is a website that if you fill out a survey they give you 1-105 in pdf form. what i did. I didnt read the comics until season 2 ended cause i didnt want to wait and i kept hearing how trill the prison was. Never looked back
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    Also i noticed a stark difference between the comic african americans and the tv show

Michonne is supposed to be beautiful, strong, deadly and she is a great tactician.

Tyrese was respect and seen as a leader

Another i cant mention is like glenn very usefull

In the show they barely get lines of screen time

T-dogg is only good for fetching ? 's shoes
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also i noticed a stark difference between the comic african americans and the tv show

Michonne is supposed to be beautiful, strong, deadly and she is a great tactician.

Tyrese was respect and seen as a leader

Another i cant mention is like glenn very usefull

In the show they barely get lines of screen time

T-dogg is only good for fetching ? 's shoes

Michonne looks just like she looked in the comic. she wasn't really pretty. so far she does seems strong and deadly. but it's tv so you can see they drawing out her pain and that's why she hhasn't said her the 2 walkers were that she had with her.

I figured that having Shane live mush longer on the show kinda killed the idea of having Tyrese at all on the show but he was a good character. Plus Daryl is kinda the bootleg white version of Tyrese, and he smashing Carol off like Tyrese did.

Yea Tdogg is the official weed carrier I was hoping the brother down with the Governor might have a larger role but he hasn't had any dialogue

And you can mention whoever in this thread. ? folks who didn't read the comics should just stay clear of this thread

and props on the links
  • black caesar
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Dale was nearly eaten by cannibals. This happened after the prison saga.

Tyrese was smashing Carol, and Carol was in her 30's.

Sophia is still alive in the comics and has no memory of Carol.

Tyrese had a daughter and a white boyfriend. They got busted having sex by Tyrese while walkers were invading. They later did a suicide pact Romeo and Juliet style, but the white boy lived only to be killed by Tyrese. This is when they discovered that walkers can come back to life even when they are not bitten.

The guy that Rick chased in the prison on the show, actually managed to get out of the prison. Kirkman stated that he died.

Glenn had a crush on Carol, but Tyrese bagged her. At Hershel's dinner table, Maggie noticed that Glenn liked her, and Maggie said she would do him because all that was around her were her family. Same speech on the tv show, just went about in a different circumstance (In the town in the TV show.)

The Walker herd made it's appearance after the prison saga as opposed to the them coming on Hershel's land on the show.

Hershel's son Otis was a racist in the comic. He got killed in the prison saga, as opposed to Shane shooting him and leaving him for dead in the tv show.

There is no Meryl & Darryl in the comic.

Carl killed Shane and also one of Carol's kids in the comic.

Michonne talks to herself in the comic. We'll see it this happens in the show.

The black chick Jackie in the tv show (1st season) doesn't exist in the comic.

Rick goes back to dig Shane's body out of the ground and kills him again.

Dale warned Rick in the comic that Shane wasn't glad he was back, as opposed to the tv show when he stepped to Shane.

Dale was digging out Andrea on the reg in the comic. They were a couple.

The female doctor at Woodbury on season 3 (the black lady) is a white woman in the comic.

Michonne didn't ? her personal walkers (Her boyfriend and his best friend) until she reached the prison. She's also the reason why Tyrese and Carol broke up and Carol killed herself. Michonne even questioned why Tyrese wanted that skinny white girl. Michonne and Tyrese gave no ? because after her death they had sex again.

Andrea in the comic was a secretary in her former life as opposed to being a lawyer. Michonne was the lawyer. No word of her past in the show.....yet.
  • black caesar
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    Yeah, they apparently lived through winter and spring during the gap between season 2 and 3.

The Governor didn't have a room full of heads, his zombie daughter was in there.

You mean "zombie niece". This was revealed in the Walking Dead novel. I don't want to spoil the Governor's past, but you can search on wikipedia.
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options

Tyrese had a daughter and a white boyfriend. They got busted having sex by Tyrese while walkers were invading. They later did a suicide pact Romeo and Juliet style, but the white boy lived only to be killed by Tyrese. This is when they discovered that walkers can come back to life even when they are not bitten.

The guy that Rick chased in the prison on the show, actually managed to get out of the prison. Kirkman stated that he died.

Glenn had a crush on Carol, but Tyrese bagged her. At Hershel's dinner table, Maggie noticed that Glenn liked her, and Maggie said she would do him because all that was around her were her family. Same speech on the tv show, just went about in a different circumstance (In the town in the TV show.)

The Walker herd made it's appearance after the prison saga as opposed to the them coming on Hershel's land on the show.

Hershel's son Otis was a racist in the comic. He got killed in the prison saga, as opposed to Shane shooting him and leaving him for dead in the tv show.

Dale warned Rick in the comic that Shane wasn't glad he was back, as opposed to the tv show when he stepped to Shane.

The female doctor at Woodbury on season 3 (the black lady) is a white woman in the comic.

Michonne didn't ? her personal walkers (Her boyfriend and his best friend) until she reached the prison. She's also the reason why Tyrese and Carol broke up and Carol killed herself. Michonne even questioned why Tyrese wanted that skinny white girl. Michonne and Tyrese gave no ? because after her death they had sex again.

Andrea in the comic was a secretary in her former life as opposed to being a lawyer. Michonne was the lawyer. No word of her past in the show.....yet.

you don't mean carol you mean the other married couple that was traveling with them since the ATL

• black caesar
    Options

you don't mean carol you mean the other married couple that was traveling with them since the ATL

I think you're right on that one.