will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    wasnt pretty but we got the win.

finishing the season without losing a series to anyone is impressive

dwight had a great game and he was still ? about how we played. i like it

onto indy. heres to hoping LA loses

The bench is playin good, which is a plus goin into the playoffs. Hope Lewis finds a way come thru when we need him. I'd be mad too we played like ? in the 1st quarter. Don't worry we got this. Somebody needs to instigate some ? wit Matt Barnes & Lebron so Matt can trash talk him the whole series...
  • will grimey
    edited April 2010
    Options
    We beatin the brakes off of the 76ers 106-80! Orlando I salute you. A real stand up team that didn't rest ANY players....
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Vince was working it in the first quarter
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    good regular season. same exact record as last year entering the playoffs but i think this is a better team

from incorporating VC and the other new faces into the offense, to shards 10 game suspension, to getting jameer back healthy this team faced a lot this season and still came out with the 2nd best record in the league

the goal is clear. 16 more wins
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Its been a great regular season a lot of ups and downs but now its time to get busy.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    As a regular in this thread, I have to say, it has been fun watching the Magic this season. I probably watched over 85% of their games this season and if they play at a high level, I will not be surprised if they make it back to the finals. Too bad i am not as confident in my Lakers doing the same.

On a Side note, WTF is wrong with folks in the Cheap seat, in the past few days, i have seen tons of people opening and proudly say Dwight Howard is not a great player. Some even say he is not top 10 in the NBA. Thats freaking insane. How the hell can u have a conversation with someone who truly believes that?
  • will grimey
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yeah I'm proud of them....I thought losing Alston & Lee would hurt em but Jason Williams and Matt "Kobe Killer" Barnes has held it down. Let's get it!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    As a regular in this thread, I have to say, it has been fun watching the Magic this season. I probably watched over 85% of their games this season and if they play at a high level, I will not be surprised if they make it back to the finals. Too bad i am not as confident in my Lakers doing the same.

On a Side note, WTF is wrong with folks in the Cheap seat, in the past few days, i have seen tons of people opening and proudly say Dwight Howard is not a great player. Some even say he is not top 10 in the NBA. Thats freaking insane. How the hell can u have a conversation with someone who truly believes that?

its insane. dwight gets a crazy amount of hate on here and just about everywhere else. ive said it before, but i cant think of another star player that has the negatives to his game mentioned before his positives. it never fails. bring up kobe/durant/lebron and the compliments come, and rightfully so. bring up dwight and the first thing you hear is about his post game, or he's too nice

i cant do anything but laugh at it now because i can tell who watches the games and who watches the highlights. when you say he has no post game or that lebron is a better candidate for DPOY, i know you havent been watching the games
  • will grimey
    edited April 2010
    Options

I ignore them....They might as well have typed 'freepost'...
  • toheeb27
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I ignore them....They might as well have typed 'freepost'...

LOL, just like i ignore your threads when u bait Lebron and Kobe fans to go WW3 on each other. Luckily i am the RARE laker fan who thinks presently, Lebron is better.
  • toheeb27
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i cant do anything but laugh at it now because i can tell who watches the games and who watches the highlights. when you say he has no post game or that lebron is a better candidate for DPOY, i know you havent been watching the games

That is the one that ? me off the most. Lebron is far far away from been a great defender. Just bcos he has some chase down blocks does not mean he is a Great Defender. Its like saying Iverson was an Elite defender bcos he got lots of steals. What folks dont understand is EVERY damn NIGHT, Dwight guards 2 players plus the paint bcos Rashard is such a weak defender at the 4 position, Howard has always got to have his back.

Like u said, He have no idea where the animosity comes from
  • will grimey
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LOL, just like i ignore your threads when u bait Lebron and Kobe fans to go WW3 on each other. Luckily i am the RARE laker fan who thinks presently, Lebron is better.

lol See you're already a step ahead, my friend....Atleast you're not THAT delusional....
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That is the one that ? me off the most. Lebron is far far away from been a great defender. Just bcos he has some chase down blocks does not mean he is a Great Defender. Its like saying Iverson was an Elite defender bcos he got lots of steals. What folks dont understand is EVERY damn NIGHT, Dwight guards 2 players plus the paint bcos Rashard is such a weak defender at the 4 position, Howard has always got to have his back.

Like u said, He have no idea where the animosity comes from

you preaching to the choir my man. im glad somebody gets it. i cant count the number of times nelson's man beats him off the dribble and dwight has to clean up his mess. shard, nelson and carter are below avg defenders yet i think were #1 in total defense. thats not an accident, dwight is that good on defense

whats scary is how much room he has to grow. he gets too many cheap fouls, blocks too many shots out of bounds and picks up silly goaltends.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    uppin for playoff basketball
  • toheeb27
    edited April 2010
    Options
    uppin for playoff basketball

Should be a fun matchup, the Bobcats have a lot of big men to throw at Howard. But they does tend to go into a lot of Scoring drought. If they go into a drought and u guys knonkdown 3-4 straight threes like u usually do, GAME OVER!!!!!!!!!!
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Should be a fun matchup, the Bobcats have a lot of big men to throw at Howard. But they does tend to go into a lot of Scoring drought. If they go into a drought and u guys knonkdown 3-4 straight threes like u usually do, GAME OVER!!!!!!!!!!

yea i dont think they have the offense to keep up with us for 7 games. plus dwight wont really have to worry about his man because diop/nazr/chandler/ratliff arent offensive threats. he'll have more energy on offense and to clean up everyone elses mess
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jameer with 10 in the first 6 minutes.
  • toheeb27
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Surprising, Felton is usually a very good defender. But Nelson is on a mission.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    damn good quarter. ratliff with 3 fouls, nazr with 2, jackson with a tech, dwight has 5 blocks
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn that was a very good 1st quarter Nelson is going off in this game, shout out to Howard how he already got 6 blocks??? ? gonna have a triple double by the time the games done.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    7 blocks for dwight!
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    damn, that charlotte D looks good. idk why it wa so hard to figure out that the best way to play dwight is to send people at him from diff angles
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    They need to put back in Howard, Gotat anit doing ? protecting the paint. Gotat needs to step it up, Howard anit gonna be in the game all the time, especially if he has foul trouble.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    this ? MJ livin the life
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    mike peaches is feelin it