Halo 4

Options

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Microsoft Addressing Halo 4 Connectivity Issues
    “We are currently narrowing down possible solutions.”

Microsoft is currently looking into connectivity issues affecting Halo 4. Due to high demand, some users are experiencing trouble connecting online, but Microsoft is aware of the issue and taking steps to address it.

On Halo Waypoint, 343 posted the following statement: “As you can imagine, there are a tremendous number of new players connecting to Halo 4 right now. We’re aware that some users are experiencing occasional issues connecting to the Halo 4 services, and we are currently narrowing down possible solutions.”

The post adds that “we will be providing regular updates across all our channels” and advises staying tuned to the Halo Waypoint Twitter, Halo 4 Facebook and Halo Waypoint forums for the latest info. “Thank you for your patience, and we’ll continue working around the clock until all issues are resolved,” the post concludes.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Story is awesome.

Gameplay is awesome so long as you're fighting Covenant.

New enemies are irritating as ? . Seriously, the only enemies Halo has introduced worth a damn are the Brutes. Flood, Knights, Sentinel Pitbulls = Ass juice.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This ? runs smooth as ? , not really feeling the maps so far.

These some camping ass people on this ? . ? playing 4v4 on a medium-sized map, and people wanna stay in one room and crouch down in a corner the whole game. I'm 'bout to be done with shooters in general.

EDIT: Big Team Slayer is better
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game plays like a dream.

Cs the new enemies them ? annoying af ? them flying ass alien ?
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    new enemies are everything i want them to be
    much more of a challenge than previous enemies
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i havent touched the story mode yet.. im gonna do it co-op.. just been online... i love the ? .. @PK_TK_187 why in the hell did u keep joining and leaving my party?
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    CJ wrote: »
    Smh servers down starting campaign now

Surely this sort of thing doesn't happen on XBL ....... Focus, look into this straight away

LOL. Well of course there are some limited instances of connection issues. It was day one of an insanely popular online game released exclusively on one platform...something that the PS3 would never, ever have to worry about. And yet, these issues were only sporadic, specific to one game, and resolved within hours. Not constant issues across the entire online service up to and including the universal downfall of the entire "network" for months at the financial expense of its users.

Anyway, picking this up today. I knew I wouldn't be able to "focus" until I was sure my president was Black again.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? runs smooth as ? , not really feeling the maps so far.

These some camping ass people on this ? . ? playing 4v4 on a medium-sized map, and people wanna stay in one room and crouch down in a corner the whole game. I'm 'bout to be done with shooters in general.

EDIT: Big Team Slayer is better

Really? I thought XBL was way better and hype, also didnt have campers.

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's possible that the some ps3 players switched over and hasn't adapted yet
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    Onyx_Guard wrote: »
    It's possible that the some ps3 players switched over and hasn't adapted yet

@Onyx_Guard, If that was directed at me, then false. I started on 360 first and wasn't ? with PS3 until 2009.

@Vibe, the campers have nothing to do with XBL, just this genre in general is full of people that's scared to run around. I just hate when you play a match, and you don't reach the target number of kills/score to win the game because everyone was hiding.
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    for @vibe .. its no excuse for campers on TDM... on objective games it may get annoying.. but its no way u can let some ? camp in a room on slayer.. you can use that see thru the wall perk.. and just nade them outta there...
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't play Gaylo so I wouldn't know.
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    oops.. read it wrong.. that was really for @funkdocdamc
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    oops.. read it wrong.. that was really for @funkdocdamc
    @kang_goodie, I didn't say I was having trouble with campers, I said it's annoying. And you can't stop somebody from camping; you can punish them for it, but they're not gonna stop doing it. Certain areas have more advantages than others. If it's a guy up high and to get to him you gotta go through 3-4 others guys in a room that you need to go through in order to reach the high guy....yeah. Solution to that is to play with people you know, but I'm playing with randoms, so......lol
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    KANG GOODIE.. add me ? ... u see the GT... but yea u right you cant stop someone from camping.. but its hard to win that way on slayer... CTF is a diff story tho
  • CJ
    Options
    Y'all ? add me cj2890

Brushing off some rust topped out at 26 kills in slayer lastnight
  • focus
    Options
    Microsoft Paying Players For Their Halo 4 Activity
    by Jeff Cork on November 07, 2012 at 08:22 AM 4,512 Views

Who said gaming doesn't pay? Xbox Live Rewards members can score Microsoft Points for their time spent playing multiplayer matches.

The program is laid out on Microsoft's Xbox Rewards site. Members earn points by accruing time in Halo 4 multiplayer. Spend 35-70+ hours and you'll get 100 Microsoft Points. If you play between 70-140 hours, you get 300 Microsoft Points. The highest tier is for players who frag their way through more than 140 hours. The prize? How does 600 Microsoft Points grab you? For players who already plan on creating a couch divot, it's a nice bonus.

You can also earn 200 or 100 MS Points for spending 3,000 or 1,500 points respectively on Halo content, with a cap of 800 Microsoft Points ($10).

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/07/microsoft-paying-players-for-their-halo-4-activity.aspx
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    Nice attempt to try to keep players playing consistently after Black Ops II comes out.
  • CJ
    Options
    That's a lot of ? hours
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    anyone playing Spartan Ops?
    i can never get in a match
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    focus wrote: »

Surely this sort of thing doesn't happen on XBL ....... Focus, look into this straight away

LOL. Well of course there are some limited instances of connection issues. It was day one of an insanely popular online game released exclusively on one platform...something that the PS3 would never, ever have to worry about. And yet, these issues were only sporadic, specific to one game, and resolved within hours. Not constant issues across the entire online service up to and including the universal downfall of the entire "network" for months at the financial expense of its users.

Anyway, picking this up today. I knew I wouldn't be able to "focus" until I was sure my president was Black again.

Yet COD which is much more popular than Halo despite not being exclusive has not had the same problem. Like you said they are specific to one game, Halo so you just made yourself look stupid as usual. It should be easier to fix issues with one game when your whole network is not under the attack of hackers. Also Live went down for the Christmas season a few years ago ...how quickly you forget.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice attempt to try to keep players playing consistently after Black Ops II comes out.

Or just desperation because they know COD is a huge threat to their only popular exclusive franchise.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll add Da L3gend Ki11a...

Need some folks to run through this campaign and multiplayer with...
  • focus
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »

Yet COD which is much more popular than Halo despite not being exclusive has not had the same problem.

LOL. Since when? PSN still down ? ? LOL. PSN issues just bleed over into one another. Who can tell where the usual, ongoing PSN issues begin and COD release day issues end on PS3? LOL. Like I said, this is a constant across all of PSN.

LOL @ PS3 having no popular online exclusives on the scale of Halo, Gears, etc...

Anyway...

Halo 4 Sells Over 3 Million Units Opening Day

by William D'Angelo, posted 1 hour ago / 1,307 Views

Halo 4 has set a franchise record for biggest opening day. The game sold 3.1 million units according to VGChartz estimates. The majority of the sales were in the USA which sold 1.9 million units or 60 percent of the total sales. To compare, this is an increase of about 15 percent over Halo 3 and Halo: Reach day one sales.

Halo 4 is expected to sell about four million units worldwide by the end of the week. This is an increase over Halo 3 which sold 3.8 million units worldwide in its first week and an increase over Halo: Reach which sold 3.7 million units.

If sales hold up for the rest of the week it would become the biggest launch for an exclusive console game in history.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250533/halo-4-sells-over-3-million-units-opening-day/

Halo selling what whole games selling on its first day. When will PS3 do it?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »

Yet COD which is much more popular than Halo despite not being exclusive has not had the same problem. Like you said they are specific to one game, Halo so you just made yourself look stupid as usual. It should be easier to fix issues with one game when your whole network is not under the attack of hackers. Also Live went down for the Christmas season a few years ago ...how quickly you forget.

Gotta disagree with you. Both XBL and PSN servers crashed when COD dropped. 360's COD4 servers were down during the Christmas season you mentioned. The same happened with MW2 on PS3.