Patton Oswalt Gets Brutally Honest About The Failures Of ‘Blade: Trinity’

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think ima rent all 3 blades today
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so the real question is...

does the inclusion of Dracula mean the Blood ? was a ? ?

i mean... who wants to be the SECOND most powerful vampire?
    so deacon frost was on a fools errand?

To be honest, the Blood ? didn't really make a whole lot of sense. The Blade movie built vamperism up to be a disease and scientific matter, then your big bad is a "? " that has to be channeled using mystical means. It was just out of place. Especially when you take the other two movies into consideration. Neither of the other enemies were mystical in nature. There were scientific reasons behind both of them.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never seen a blade movie...
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember being 7 years old and my dad taking me to see this. I was scared as ? when that blood came raining down and they start growling at homie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yMVE6BXqto
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing beats Superman Returns on the list of hot garbage.

I didn't know David S. Goyer directed Blade Trinity, he wrote the Dark Knight Trilogy and the upcoming Man of Steel too.

Dracula killed the movie for me, ? would have been GOAT if he fought Morbius.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trinity was so bad. It was hot fried ? that spilled onto your eggs when you just pulled the maple link sausage out the oven.

? I was ? as ? ...Blade was dope and Blade 2 was ill but that Trinity ? should have been straight to dvd

Dracula tho? It's like them ? fast forwarded the storyline or something
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    so the real question is...

does the inclusion of Dracula mean the Blood ? was a ? ?

i mean... who wants to be the SECOND most powerful vampire?
    so deacon frost was on a fools errand?
    lol!!!! In my mind blade 3 didn't happen. That movie should have been straight to D.V.D status. ? reminded me of alien vs predator 2. They put these movies in the wrong order for real. How you go from the "blood ? " to vampire/werewolf hybrid to dracula? it's supposed to go

blade 1: vampire/werewolf hybrids

blade 2: dracula

blade 3: blood ?
    Max. wrote: »
    I think ima rent all 3 blades today
    DON'T DO IT BRUH!!!

If you seen blade 1 and 2 do not see 3. If you haven't go right ahead and watch it. Blade 1 is a classic and blade 2 is the ? . After seeing those movies you gonna want ? yourself for watching 3 lol.
    I remember being 7 years old and my dad taking me to see this. I was scared as ? when that blood came raining down and they start growling at homie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yMVE6BXqto
    One of the greatest openings of all time. I did not see that ? coming, had no idea blade was gonna be that gory. I remember on the news they was talking about pulling the movie and putting up a toned down version. Come to find out that was a toned down version lol. I saw the unrated cut on dvd and that ? was even more G.O.A.T!

G.O.A.T ending fight too. When blade kicked that last vile into his head I was like "OH ? !!!"
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol!!!! In my mind blade 3 didn't happen. That movie should have been straight to D.V.D status. ? reminded me of alien vs predator 2. They put these movies in the wrong order for real. How you go from the "blood ? " to vampire/werewolf hybrid to dracula? it's supposed to go

You sure you thinking of the right movies? There were no vampire/werewolf hybrids in the Blade series. The bad guy in Blade 2 was the product of the vampires attempting to push the evolution of vampires and create a Daywalker. In other words, he was basically a new and improved vampire. However, if you look at those vampires and at Dracula's true form, it's pretty evident that they only succeeded in recapturing some of what was lost from Dracula.

As I was saying before, it's not really a matter of them putting things out of order. The whole blood ? thing just didn't make any sense. If it makes you feel any better though, you can think of it as Blade defeating and avatar of the Blood ? and not the actual Blood ? . If you ever follow comics, it's similar to the difference between Jean Grey as the Phoenix and the Phoenix Force.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ryan Reynolds character was annoying in Blade 3 with his wack ass jokes. I just ? off to Jessica Beil because that's all she is good for.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    yeah... in my mind... blade 3 aint canon...

and as bad ass as part 2 was.... it's not canon either...

i feel they should have continued the grittyness and feeling of doom and gloom from Blade 1in the sequels.

didnt really like the inclusion of the BloodPack in part two, as they didn't get used.... AT ALL...
    the one fight i wanted to see and I get the Cat from Red Dwarf vs Blade.... and not Snowman vs Blade...

I'd say the grittyness and feeling of doom and gloom were in Blade 2. They were up against a threat that could pretty much be the end of everything and it felt like have the movie took place in a sewer. I'd say it was dark on par with the original movie.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked all 3 Blades... sue me.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You sure you thinking of the right movies? There were no vampire/werewolf hybrids in the Blade series. The bad guy in Blade 2 was the product of the vampires attempting to push the evolution of vampires and create a Daywalker. In other words, he was basically a new and improved vampire. However, if you look at those vampires and at Dracula's true form, it's pretty evident that they only succeeded in recapturing some of what was lost from Dracula.

As I was saying before, it's not really a matter of them putting things out of order. The whole blood ? thing just didn't make any sense. If it makes you feel any better though, you can think of it as Blade defeating and avatar of the Blood ? and not the actual Blood ? . If you ever follow comics, it's similar to the difference between Jean Grey as the Phoenix and the Phoenix Force.
    LOL I forgot it was so long ago. Plus I done seen a ? load of vampire and werewolf show's/movies. I just remembered they was in the sewers and all mutated and ? crawling around.

? you know what I mean by the blood ? lol. My order did make sense bruh, the power of the vampire ? >>> dracula.

yeah... in my mind... blade 3 aint canon...

and as bad ass as part 2 was.... it's not canon either...

i feel they should have continued the grittyness and feeling of doom and gloom from Blade 1in the sequels.

didnt really like the inclusion of the BloodPack in part two, as they didn't get used.... AT ALL...
    the one fight i wanted to see and I get the Cat from Red Dwarf vs Blade.... and not Snowman vs Blade...
    Part two did seem like a side story or some ? but it was still very nice. The grittiness was there in part 2 but it wasn't as "gritty" as part 1. Part 3 seemed like an upbeat episode of supernatural lol. The guy they got to play dracula looked like he should belonged on a soap opera. The guy who played frost looked more menacing than dracula lol. Pluse that movie was waaaay to short and dracula didn't get too much screen time. That scene where they showed that ? window shopping in the sun was not needed.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Blade 1 was gritty
    Blade 2 was the big budget sequel that delivered
    Blade 3 was the overly ambitous ? that most part 3's are

If anything, they can reboot Blade and have him leave off from the ending of part 1
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

True. They were really unnecessary. You never got a chance to see all that training come to pass. Except maybe one or two, the rest were there just to die. And Blade pretty much did all the work again.

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reboot Blade? You know that isnt a bad idea. Who would be good to play Blade? Cause I cant see no one else besides Sniper playing that role. I rather see Blade than punk ass multiple Supermam reboots (misspelling intentional)
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    LOL I forgot it was so long ago. Plus I done seen a ? load of vampire and werewolf show's/movies. I just remembered they was in the sewers and all mutated and ? crawling around.

? you know what I mean by the blood ? lol. My order did make sense bruh, the power of the vampire ? >>> dracula.

Nah, I get what you mean. My point was that a "Blood ? " doesn't make sense in the context of the movies. In the Blade movies, vampirism is a purely scientific thing. They spent the majority of the first movie convincing us that it was a disease that could be cured like any other disease, then tack on a Big Bad that was purely supernatural.

Besides, Dracula was stated to be the source of all vampires, so the Blood ? can't possibly be some kind of vampire deity anyway. At most, he's some extremely powerful vampire whose essence they channeled.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hated trinity .. the first two were off the hook, whistler or whatever his name was.. was funny as ?
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Reboot Blade? You know that isnt a bad idea. Who would be good to play Blade? Cause I cant see no one else besides Sniper playing that role. I rather see Blade than punk ass multiple Supermam reboots (misspelling intentional)

Sticky Fingaz played that ? in the TV show...i never watched it but I assume that ? was extra wacktastic
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

Sticky Fingaz played that ? in the TV show...i never watched it but I assume that ? was extra wacktastic

It was actually pretty decent.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm tired of these ? ass white actors calling black actors "crazy or unapproachable"...
    u know what that really is right?
    they aren't used to dealing black ppl who r way more talented and successful than them... disgusting...