Nicki Minaj “I think the world is getting more ? -friendly,so hip-hop is too” ...

Options
124»

Comments

• ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    ^^ You keep saying this same ? but can never back up what you're saying. The reason why Nicki stands out now is because she's doing what the other female MC aren't. She's not doing typical rap, she's singing and taking elements of other genres, she's not running around yelling "BROOKLYN" and ? like a hoodrat, she's not rapping sexual explicit lyrics just for shock value.

You say she's always running around, at shows half naked. Show me these pictures.

She's been on 4 magazine covers so far. Show me which one's she's even remotely half naked on.

Out of the 23 tracks from her last mixtape, show me how many references she has that has anything to do with sucking d*ck, or anything explicitly sexual.

And hold your breath while you do it too.

i've already showed you multiple times, this stuff and people cosigned my point. I showed you half naken photos, half naked outfits on stage, her on stage yelling "who wants a menois twois with nikki" etc... you just didnt respond.

Of course lil wayne doesnt rap like an 8yr girl (you actually saying this doesnt make her sound any better), but the whole animated style is completely bitten from lil wayne and you know this but your stanning ways are blinding you. My music variety is deep and i've actually listened to a ton of Nikki's music as so i'm not talking out of ignorance, and it's weak, just as is her live show whens she raps over her records
  • ambiguous1
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^^ You keep saying this same ? but can never back up what you're saying. The reason why Nicki stands out now is because she's doing what the other female MC aren't. She's not doing typical rap, she's singing and taking elements of other genres, she's not running around yelling "BROOKLYN" and ? like a hoodrat, she's not rapping sexual explicit lyrics just for shock value.

You say she's always running around, at shows half naked. Show me these pictures.

She's been on 4 magazine covers so far. Show me which one's she's even remotely half naked on.

Out of the 23 tracks from her last mixtape, show me how many references she has that has anything to do with sucking d*ck, or anything explicitly sexual.

Q: What can women get away with in hip-hop that men can’t?
    A: I have a lot of freedom to be crazy. I can rap in a London accent, make weird faces, wear spandex, wigs, and black lipstick. I can be more creative than the average male rapper. And I can show my ? . Guys can’t do that.

SHe's a Theater student her whole image is a gimmick being sold
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    blacks never enslaved ? 's, or kept them from voting, using their schools, bathrooms,water fountains, restrooms etc...

? that ? .

CoSign this ? to the Fullest...............Homosexual Community is (For the Most part) Accepted in Mainstream America,Its on the TV even on the Radio, u cant Escaped from it. Im Not saying that there hasnt been Discrimnation but It was No Where near the same Capacity as the Struugles With Black Folk; Nobody Forced them From a Country and Boated them over here, Nobody Forced them to Work As Slaves and beat them, Destroyed there Famliy and ? their WOman and Children, Nobody Ever held them Down As 2nd Class Citzens to the point where they Feel that the only way to get a Fair Deal in life is by illegal means, No Cops every Stopped them and beat them juast because their ? . Most of them Dont live in Improvished Hoods or "ghettos", They Didnt have Towns of people Exterimnated, Relatives End up missing and Ran outta the South just Cuz they "? ".They Nver had a Terrioist Organization Formed just For the sole Purpose of hunitng Down and killing as many Blacks as they Can. We had all this things happening to us, We still Gettin Shot up by Cops, Still live in the Poorest Hoods. In MaintStream America Being ? is "Cool" is acceptable, If ur seen with another opinon Contradictory to the Status Quote ur seen as a "Bigot" a "Homophobe" and other nonesense Like that, Meanwhile U r still able to Spew Racist Rhetoric on AIr and Still Have a Job (Fox 5 news). Dont Feed me that ? that ? Rights is just like the Fight For Civil Rights. The ? man Has NEVER, EVER, (I repeat and bold for emphasis) NEVER, EVER, EVER had NEARLY as worst as the Black Man or any person of Color in this Country. We Paid our way in Blood; the Blood of Emmitt Till, MLK Medgar Everes. Malcom X, Countless Civil Rights Workers that Went "Missing", Dead Relatives that marched and Were brutalized for it, The Four little Black Gurls that lost they Lives in that Chruch bombing, So many others. They Died to Futher our Way. thats What we fought with, Blood sweat and tears. The HomoSexual Community Never had it that Crazy like that, How Dare Ya Compare that ? and Disrespect the Movement like that, SMH for ya ? who sayin that Crazy ? and r BLACK. ............
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options

Fam...............u a Cool Poster But Come on..............her Name is NIkki MANAJ for Christ Sake, WHat u think She Selling ??? lol
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? paid in blood too
    quit making blacc civil right more than it was
    its nothing more specialthan ? rghts or women's rights or mexican rights
    if the blacc struggle was still as bad as you claim it is was, where's the fight now?
    ? are still fighting and marching
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ambiguous1 wrote: »
    i've already showed you multiple times, this stuff and people cosigned my point. I showed you half naken photos, half naked outfits on stage, her on stage yelling "who wants a menois twois with nikki" etc... you just didnt respond.

Of course lil wayne doesnt rap like an 8yr girl (you actually saying this doesnt make her sound any better), but the whole animated style is completely bitten from lil wayne and you know this but your stanning ways are blinding you. My music variety is deep and i've actually listened to a ton of Nikki's music as so i'm not talking out of ignorance, and it's weak, just as is her live show whens she raps over her records
    Lol you did not show me these pictures, you posted pictures like her wearing a dress showing skin from the thighs down and tight spandex. Only valid picture was the one from 2 1/2 years ago. The only "proof" of her half naked at shows you had was the camera zooming in on her fuilly covered ass, and you saying "look where the camera man is focused". Every rapper cares about their image. You're lying if you say otherwise, but you're acting as if she's Lil Kim with her ? hanging out everywhere just for attention.

Nicki was making crazy faces and doing crazy accents since her first mixtape, the proof is on Youtube (I don't even think Wayne was as animated back in 2007), but it was toned down.

Like I said before, what you fail to realize is that the "old Nicki" wasn't really the old Nicki. The old Nicki rapped that way to get discovered. Do you think they would have put her in the 'Come Up DVD' if she was making funny faces and rapping about being a Barbie? HELL NO. That's what was the gimmick. She dumbed herself down to please people and get accepted and once she didn't need it anymore, she threw all that ? away and became the artist she wanted to be. Have you even stop to think that Wayne liked her because of her persona, and not the other way around?

& you calling me a stan and saying that it's blinding me is a cheap cop out response. Its lame.
  • Violent Words
    Violent Words Members Posts: 45
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? paid in blood too
    quit making blacc civil right more than it was
    its nothing more specialthan ? rghts or women's rights or mexican rights
    if the blacc struggle was still as bad as you claim it is was, where's the fight now?
    ? are still fighting and marching

it's called a "K" ,use it.
  • KillaCham
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    Fam...............u a Cool Poster But Come on..............her Name is NIkki MANAJ for Christ Sake, WHat u think She Selling ??? lol
    Lol well yeah there's that, but the funny thing is that she's never confirmed anything about her sexuality. Whenever people ask her about the name Minaj she always says something like "because I got a nasty flow and I started eating these rap ? ". I've seen a lot of Nicki interviews, and I dont ever recall her saying she was bi, even though she hints towards it a lot. I think other people stated that and ran with it, but Nicki isnt denying it because she knows it plays a hand in her success lol.
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? wanna turn hip hop ? so they can bring it down

its like what dave chappelle said on oprah how every black movie star is forced to dress up like a woman in their career or play a ? , but he werent with it....

e.g will smith, wesley snipes, chris rock, chris tucker, eddie murphy, martin lawrence, denzil...u name it,

its a way of bringing a ? down and turning him ? ...
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? wanna turn hip hop ? so they can bring it down

its like what dave chappelle said on oprah how every black movie star is forced to dress up like a woman in their career or play a ? , but he werent with it....

e.g will smith, wesley snipes, chris rock, chris tucker, eddie murphy, martin lawrence, denzil...u name it,

its a way of bringing a ? down and turning him ? ...

black masculinity is a threat, i don't know why but for some it is. take the biggest strongest lookin brotha and make a ? out of him, put him in a dress, makeup etc (ving rhames)
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lol well yeah there's that, but the funny thing is that she's never confirmed anything about her sexuality. Whenever people ask her about the name Minaj she always says something like "because I got a nasty flow and I started eating these rap ? ". I've seen a lot of Nicki interviews, and I dont ever recall her saying she was bi, even though she hints towards it a lot. I think other people stated that and ran with it, but Nicki isnt denying it because she knows it plays a hand in her success lol.

Yea she did lol................sHE BEEN sayin she Like the Cooch............u r in denial............lol
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    black masculinity is a threat, i don't know why but for some it is. take the biggest strongest lookin brotha and make a ? out of him, put him in a dress, makeup etc (ving rhames)

Sad thing is ? is just goin along with it............LIke i saisd B4, SMH @ ya who claim to be black yet Keep COmparin this with the Civil Rights movement............ya should Hang ya selves
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2010
    Options
    nikki admitz she likez gurlz n da usher lil freak trak nikki is a ? .....
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    it won't be long before a dude comes out openly ? and due to the fact that he can rap he will be accepted in hip hop. lol
  • ambiguous1
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Sad thing is ? is just goin along with it............LIke i saisd B4, SMH @ ya who claim to be black yet Keep COmparin this with the Civil Rights movement............ya should Hang ya selves

just to play devils advocate, the term Civil Rights Movement isnt restricted to African American's Civil Rights movement of the 60's... hence the U2 song Sunday ? Sunday about "irelands civil rights movement"

and realistically ? rights movement is a civil rights movement, which does actually date back to around the 50's
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    ? sexuality as we know it was never tolerable like that in the black community. Hip hop is made for and by blacks, so it's hard to just accept it out the blue.

True for the most part....? behavior is not acceptable to most blacks, and is definitely not accepted the way it is with whites and Hispanics. Anyone who doesn't like that can kiss off.....and no, there will never be a ? male rapper who sells lots of records. Bi-sexual chick, yeah, ? male rapper HELL NO
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    CoSign this ? to the Fullest...............Homosexual Community is (For the Most part) Accepted in Mainstream America,Its on the TV even on the Radio, u cant Escaped from it. Im Not saying that there hasnt been Discrimnation but It was No Where near the same Capacity as the Struugles With Black Folk; Nobody Forced them From a Country and Boated them over here, Nobody Forced them to Work As Slaves and beat them, Destroyed there Famliy and ? their WOman and Children, Nobody Ever held them Down As 2nd Class Citzens to the point where they Feel that the only way to get a Fair Deal in life is by illegal means, No Cops every Stopped them and beat them juast because their ? . Most of them Dont live in Improvished Hoods or "ghettos", They Didnt have Towns of people Exterimnated, Relatives End up missing and Ran outta the South just Cuz they "? ".They Nver had a Terrioist Organization Formed just For the sole Purpose of hunitng Down and killing as many Blacks as they Can. We had all this things happening to us, We still Gettin Shot up by Cops, Still live in the Poorest Hoods. In MaintStream America Being ? is "Cool" is acceptable, If ur seen with another opinon Contradictory to the Status Quote ur seen as a "Bigot" a "Homophobe" and other nonesense Like that, Meanwhile U r still able to Spew Racist Rhetoric on AIr and Still Have a Job (Fox 5 news). Dont Feed me that ? that ? Rights is just like the Fight For Civil Rights. The ? man Has NEVER, EVER, (I repeat and bold for emphasis) NEVER, EVER, EVER had NEARLY as worst as the Black Man or any person of Color in this Country. We Paid our way in Blood; the Blood of Emmitt Till, MLK Medgar Everes. Malcom X, Countless Civil Rights Workers that Went "Missing", Dead Relatives that marched and Were brutalized for it, The Four little Black Gurls that lost they Lives in that Chruch bombing, So many others. They Died to Futher our Way. thats What we fought with, Blood sweat and tears. The HomoSexual Community Never had it that Crazy like that, How Dare Ya Compare that ? and Disrespect the Movement like that, SMH for ya ? who sayin that Crazy ? and r BLACK. ............
    genstasia wrote: »
    Yes Hip Hop has expanded to different folks and in different areas but the fact still remains that 90% of rappers are Black Men. And Homosexuality is not accepted in the Black Community it is either ignored or tolerated. But Black ppl never truly accepted it because a large percentage of blacks are into churchs. So when they deem Eminem for starting Hip Hop and he is crowned King a couple years down the road. And white ppl take over the culture and strip it of it's roots then yea we gonna have some ? 's in Hip Hop....
    Reggie80 wrote: »
    Ok slavery is too far but the civil rights is real segregation the whole nine that ? just ain't accepted by most people cause it's not natural.If u a ? a ? a murderer a necrophiliat and in no way am I saying there on the same level u can't just go around flaunting that ? .That put too many people on edge!If it was so accepted one of these mainstream cats would of came out by now so I would have too disagree with Nikki.
    Race is not the same as homosexuality. No one chooses to be the race they are, but it is not proven scientifically that ? are born that way. Sufferings of racial minorities cannot be compared to that of homosexuals, no way.
    Taking it a step further Brother, Trauma and Misconceptions that are nurtured cause Sexual Deviancies Like ? /Bi Sexuality, ? , Necrophylia, Adolescent Molsestation, SadoMasochism, Rapists, Etc. People have natuarally addictive behaviours and key events influence whether they have some type of sexual addictions and compulsions. Society has chosen to justify some while still holding the others as what they are which is contrary to science and basic sense but done strictly for politcal agendas not out of any moral imperative...

All this and Close Thread...
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    All this and Close Thread...

We have to Protect the Culture, our Culture...........SMH when ? is gettin ? twisted And what not...........Stop Comparing the ? , none of it is Equal
  • KillaCham
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yea she did lol................sHE BEEN sayin she Like the Cooch............u r in denial............lol
    She's never straight up said "I like woman", her rapping about bad ? and big booties and kitty kats is what I meant by hinting towards it though....but she's also said in interviews that she like's to play characters in her songs. I'm not in denial.