Help me make it thru the Playoffs!!!

Options

Comments

• Simma II
    Simma II Banned Users Posts: 787
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Hawks ? !!!!!!!!!
    But just like the Cavs, the Hawks dont have a snowballs chance either.....
    I think we might make a run and reach the Conference Finals if we get lucky....

That's wishful thinking.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    they also have Billups, Nene...when it comes to matchups Cleveland isn't too strong, that's why the Magic whooped their ass last year during the regular season and playoffs, the Cavs had more "talent" but couldn't compete w/ the Magic's size...

now billups ill give you but nene scorres mostly on rebounding or fast breaks but i definately agree cleve had huge matchups last year but its going to be real intersting this year turg is gone he was a big reason for that damnn i love playoff bball mann who u riding with man?
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    first ... I'm totally upset that this lasts until June. I can't deal with this for 2 months!!!!

second .. I'm not with hime EVERY night

and third... don't derail my thread with nonsense about what I call him

lol :)
    well think of it like this, i dont think portland is going to far without there best player...
    so in about another week maybe he'll lose intrest and spend more time paying u attention
  • Mr.AllenTemple
    Mr.AllenTemple Members Posts: 351
    edited April 2010
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    now nuggets rely on melo when smith and afflo aint hitting them either

True, but the Nuggets are a deeper team from top to bottom...
    LeBron needs a second tier super star, a ? like Chris Bosh, Joe Johnson, or even D Wade, although I dont think Wade is
    down to play Robin to a Batman....with all the talk about LeBron being the next Jordan, ? forget that Jordan probably couldnt have won those rings
    without Pippen...Same with Magic, that ? probably wouldnt have won without Kareem and Worthy...
    At the end of the day Basketball is still a team sport, you can win in the regular season with 1 really good player and a bunch of no-name rejects...
    But the playoffs is a different story....
  • Simma II
    edited April 2010
    Options
    In dream world -The Celtics will win the Championship
    In reality - It's between the Lakers, Mavs, Magic, or Cleveland. Can't call it yet, but I'm leaning toward the Magic right now. We'll see
  • Mr.AllenTemple
    Mr.AllenTemple Members Posts: 351
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Simma II wrote: »
    That's wishful thinking.

rorl...just like the Cavs winning a ring.....
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    now billups ill give you but nene scorres mostly on rebounding or fast breaks but i definately agree cleve had huge matchups last year but its going to be real intersting this year turg is gone he was a big reason for that damnn i love playoff bball mann who u riding with man?

Im hoping the Nuggets pull something off and Melo finally gets the props that he deserves for carrying them the way he has the past 7 years...I'm a Wizards fan but Melo's been my favorite basketball player since he was at Syracuse and Ty Lawson is from DC so I gotta roll with them...

@MsSouthern
    yeah 2-3 games per nite..."40 games in 40" nights is what it's officially called
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Im hoping the Nuggets pull something off and Melo finally gets the props that he deserves for carrying them the way he has the past 7 years...I'm a Wizards fan but Melo's been my favorite basketball player since he was at Syracuse and Ty Lawson is from DC so I gotta roll with them...

@MsSouthern
    yeah 2-3 games per nite..."40 games in 40" nights is what it's officially called

I wanna throw up

I just told him I didn't know it lasted this long

he won't quit laughing at me :(
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I wanna throw up

I just told him I didn't know it lasted this long

he won't quit laughing at me :(

lol...it's only a few hrs per nite...hell if you wanna feel involved and make it fun, try making lil bets out of it...for instance my girl is a diehard Washington Redskin fan and Im'a diehard Dallas Cowboys fan...so we make bets whenever they play...lil things like that can make watching the game that much more fun
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

@MsSouthern
    i cant front i will say melos jump shot ? on lebrons definately and he got my attention this year im hoping is a battle of 03 in teh finals
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Cavs will win the championship so they are the "safe bet"
  • ar1134
    ar1134 Members Posts: 328
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I did try and it's okay but game after game after game gets boring to me :(

Just follow the games where HIS team is playing. Root for whoever he's rooting for. Once his team's game goes off, give him some dome and he'll forget that ? is on. Good dome makes them other games non-existent.
  • MsSouthern
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol...it's only a few hrs per nite...hell if you wanna feel involved and make it fun, try making lil bets out of it...for instance my girl is a diehard Washington Redskin fan and Im'a diehard Dallas Cowboys fan...so we make bets whenever they play...lil things like that can make watching the game that much more fun

hmmm

I like that idea ! best piece of advice so far :)
  • Brooklyn Boy
    Brooklyn Boy Members Posts: 558
    edited April 2010
    Options
    just say u want the lakers to win. cuz they will.

smh @ u not hatin on the playoffs lol
  • ar1134
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i cant front i will say melos jump shot ? on lebrons definately and he got my attention this year im hoping is a battle of 03 in teh finals

man the nuggets lost at home last night. and utah aint even have Okur. so they lost homecourt advantage. they are in trouble bruh.
  • Simma II
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ar1134 wrote: »
    man the nuggets lost at home last night. and utah aint even have Okur. so they lost homecourt advantage. they are in trouble bruh.

Nah, they're not. But I am happy that the Jazz are doing well without Okur or Kirilenko
  • MsSouthern
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Just follow the games where HIS team is playing. Root for whoever he's rooting for. Once his team's game goes off, give him some dome and he'll forget that ? is on. Good dome makes them other games non-existent.

that's pretty much what happened the other night

lol
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol

I usually just say eff it and start do other things

last year I redecorated my living room
  • GameTime33463
    GameTime33463 Members Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Los Angeles Lakers All Day Baby!!!
  • ar1134
    edited April 2010
    Options
    los angeles lakers all day baby!!!

die slow...
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ms S what did you do during this time of year before?

If he's really into it, just let him watch in peace. Some guys really appreciate it if you leave them the hell alone if you're not gonna have fun watching the games.

Cheer for the Lakers!.
  • Simma II
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ms S what did you do during this time of year before?

If he's really into it, just let him watch in peace. Some guys really appreciate it if you leave them the hell alone if you're not gonna have fun watching the games.

Cheer for the Celtics!.

This woman speaks truth
    You don't have to be around
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Simma II wrote: »
    This woman speaks truth
    You don't have to be around

Simma you're the homie & all but don't disrespect my team, brutha!
  • GameTime33463
    GameTime33463 Members Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    die slow...

wl3nrr.gif

? Off!!! Lakers fan forever!!
  • Simma II
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Simma you're the homie & all but don't disrespect my team, brutha!

I have to :( It's been my duty ever since I was born
    But hey, you can become a Celtics fan if you like! :)