Boyz N Da Hood or Menace II Society

Options

Comments

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Boyz N Da Hood
    "Either they don't know, don't show or don't care about what happens in the hood."

boyz-n-the-hood-poster.jpg
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Menace II Society
    that ? looks like a raisin with a jeri curl
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Menace II Society
    Menace for the opening scene alone. That ? was to real.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cubas corny ass subtracts points from BNDH.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I love them both, they complement each other perfectly
    2 different sides of the same coin
    One shows you the perspective of a real ? (Kaine)
    The other shows you the perspective of an L 7 ? ass ? (sucka ass Trey)

Real ? be dyin young, but them lame type ? be goin to college and ?
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Menace II Society
    So going to school is lame?

But getting killed cause you ain't main enough to raise your son isn't lame?
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boyz N Da Hood
    Menace had a lot of negative ass unlikable characters in it.
  • money23
    money23 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Menace II Society
    Menace by a mile, people keep forgetting how influential it is, like most songs u hear talk about Kain and O-Dogg
  • Bookworm
    Bookworm Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boyz N Da Hood
    Boyz in the Hood by far
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Menace II Society
    I gotta go with Menace but I love both
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Menace II Society
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    So going to school is lame?

But getting killed cause you ain't main enough to raise your son isn't lame?

letting some hoe ass lying skeechie trap you with a baby would have been lame
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boyz N Da Hood
    wasn't pac and spice 1 suppose to be in MIIS?
  • victory_kid
    victory_kid Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did not read the entire thread, so I am going to assume that others said the exact ? .

Boyz n Tha Hood had a message, the "stop sign" in the beginning said it all.
    Menace II Society was just a more entertaining, bloodier, ? version of Boyz n Tha Hood... some may even say it was all over the place.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Boyz N Da Hood
    Boyz In The Hood no doubt. Sparked the careers of Cuba Gooding, Jr., Nia Long, Morris Chestnut and Ice Cube and it had more consistency than Menace, but no hate though.
  • R.D.
    Options
    Menace II Society
    I did not read the entire thread, so I am going to assume that others said the exact ? .

Boyz n Tha Hood had a message, the "stop sign" in the beginning said it all.
    Menace II Society was just a more entertaining, bloodier, ? version of Boyz n Tha Hood... some may even say it was all over the place.

nahhhh, you just missed the message, b

Menace had several messages
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boyz N Da Hood

? stayed rewinding them sex scenes lol.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Menace To Society was the ? .

Boyz n The Hood was alright, but the gang member everyone is scared of.. the one with the perm. Couldnt find it believable. im sure that was the style back then, but intimidated by that just doesnt work for me no matter the size of the gun.

I might be wrong, but I think the gang member with the perm is probably meant to be a "Monster" Kody type of gangbanger.....there always one ? everybody scared of ...just because he pops off ? without warning got those killa eyes.

I never did blame Doughboy, plus the mom if she was serious about Ricky being a baller, she could had him move with relatives if they were out of LA (but we dont' know that.)

Furious was that ? tho, my pops had the same mindset as him (but without the gun --but had a mean knife game before he became a preacher).
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The way Doughboy mama shoved favoritism to Ricky used to hurt my soul smh I saw that ? happen so much over the years
    She thought so little of Doughboy that she actually had believed he had somethin to do with Ricky's death as soon as she saw the body
    Doughboy probably had to deal with that ? his whole life... but he still loved his brother enough to ride for him
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Menace II Society
    The way Doughboy mama shoved favoritism to Ricky used to hurt my soul smh I saw that ? happen so much over the years
    She thought so little of Doughboy that she actually had believed he had somethin to do with Ricky's death as soon as she saw the body
    Doughboy probably had to deal with that ? his whole life... but he still loved his brother enough to ride for him

I died when i read that....bruh movie wasnt real and dougboy died 2 weeks later...

if you mean in life in general how that ? really happens then I take my "LOL" back
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Menace II Society
    "I ain't trying to go out like ? lump lump"
  • --vincenzo--
    --vincenzo-- Members Posts: 142
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Boyz N Da Hood
    boyz in the hood was a lot more realistic whereas menace was full of stereotypes and basically just painted america's nightmare (still entertaining though)
  • R.D.
    Options
    Menace II Society
    lol what do you think was unrealistic about Menace
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boyz N Da Hood
    "Boyz in the Hood" was the better film, had more impact, John Singleton became the 1st black Director nominated for an Oscar and he also got nominated for his Screenplay. It opened up the world to Black Inner City culture. "Menace" is still Classic but "Dead Presidents" was a better film for the Hughes Bros. Also most people were emotional over Ricky getting killed than Cain. Cain you almost knew it was going to happen. Ricky was doing everything to better his life and get out the hood.

I think both films had great cast but Boyz in the Hood had the better overall cast who went on to become successful actors. Also "Menace" came off as a more Violent "Boyz in the Hood". The bottom line is there is no "Menace" without "Boyz in the Hood". With all that said, "Menace" does have 2 scenes to me that stand out more than Boyz best scene. Boyz Best scene was when Trey got pulled over by the Black Cop and he started crying. Menace best scene was of course "Sorry for your Mother" and Bill Duke's Classic, "You know you done ? up right", LOL. But to end the debate, this is why "Boyz in the Hood" is not only more iconic but the better film:

boyz01_slide-83abd0eba8125c96dc48d376db6b65c19f340aa3-s6-c10.jpg

In 2002, the United States Library of Congress deemed the film "Boyz in the Hood" "culturally significant" and selected it for preservation in the National Film Registry.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Menace II Society
    23-28 ill give this till Monday till votes stop counting
  • --vincenzo--
    --vincenzo-- Members Posts: 142
    Options
    Boyz N Da Hood
    R.D. wrote: »
    lol what do you think was unrealistic about Menace

there was no balance in that film and too many cliches from the korean shopkeeper scene onwards basically...
    i mean i have still watched it 100 times but boyz n the hood is just the overall better film in terms of story,characters etc