Penny Hardaway vs. Grant Hill

Options
D.D.S.
D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Both of these players were very good in the 90s, but injuries kept them from reaching thier full potential.
If they both had injury-free careers, who would've had the better career?

Comments

• Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im biased, but i'll say penny. PG's a harder position to fill than SF in most cases and he had 2 all nba first team selections by 24

pennys attitude hurt him almost as much as his injuries tho
  • D.D.S.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    im biased, but i'll say penny. PG's a harder position to fill than SF in most cases and he had 2 all nba first team selections by 24

pennys attitude hurt him almost as much as his injuries tho

really? i thought he was a nice guy.....
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    really? i thought he was a nice guy.....

its not that he wasnt a nice guy, his ego just got in the way. he got brian hill fired after he got that young team to the Finals, and i heard he was on some "We dont need Shaq" ? which I think is part of the reason why Shaq left for LA.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • D.D.S.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    wow, didn't know that......
    but shaq was on that same ? in orlando
    he hated penny's style of play
  • john2009
    john2009 Confirm Email Posts: 2,081 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

shaqs attitude was worse than penny...which is very funny b/c it was shaq who campaigned for penny to be brought to orlando......
    i think penny would have had a better career.....assists and scoring wise....he would have been da 2nd best guard behind jordan...real talk...
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options

yea it was on both of them. if they stayed together, its no tellin how many rings theyd have by now
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • D.D.S.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yea it was on both of them. if they stayed together, its no tellin how many rings theyd have by now

u could say the same about him and kobe
    but that's another thread.....lol
  • Mr.AllenTemple
    Mr.AllenTemple Members Posts: 351
    edited April 2010
    Options
    its not that he wasnt a nice guy, his ego just got in the way. he got brian hill fired after he got that young team to the Finals, and i heard he was on some "We dont need Shaq" ? which I think is part of the reason why Shaq left for LA.

Shaq was hating on Penny too tho.....
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Penny was that ? ... Moms used to get me all his shoes, Hill was an absolute BEAST in the D tho... Hard ass question....

? I dunno man, I plead the fif... We'll never know
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    grant hill

but lil penny>>>>both of them
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Upon further thought... Grant Hill without a doubt, this ? had it all on the court, a walkin ? triple double... I seen this ? in a preseason game here in Bham try to go up on the whole Houston Rocket staff, record label and crew... Lol... But real talk, dude wouldve prob been the best SF ever, no lie

Penny had the CHANCE to be mentioned as one of the great PGs ever, Hill wouldve owned the title of GOAT SF...
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Grant Hill....this is not even a debate at one point in his career Hill was neck and neck with Jordan. He didn't get those Fila contracts, Sprite/McDonalds commercials for no reason. This ? played on an injured/fractured ankle and refused to sit out..
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

it was that but it was more about him not wanting to play pg....he thought that him playing PG and having to feed the ball to Shaq limited his scoring or rather his full offensive potential...he wanted to be THE scorer the main offensive weapon...as opposed to shaq.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ain't it funny how Shaq always has beef with stand out guards
  • rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Penny

He had mad handles, was a def passer and could drop 40 whenever he felt like it. Grant Hill was not a consisted jump shooter, he's come a long way since.
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Also Grant Hill wins because he wife up my wife Tamia :-(
  • john2009
    edited April 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »

ha ahahhah...i was about to post this....i know shaq was about to beef wit wade till he quickly left.........
  • john2009
    edited April 2010
    Options

ha ahahhah...i was about to post this....i know shaq was about to beef wit wade till he quickly left............................
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options

penny
    kobe
    wade
    nash

smh
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    edited April 2010
    Options
    penny
    kobe
    wade
    nash

smh

Officer Shaq had beef with Nash? How they start beefing?
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Officer Shaq had beef with Nash? How they start beefing?

Bolvin recounts that when Shaq joined Phoenix back in 2008, Nash told him about an idea for a show in which he would play other athletes in various sports (Nash is, as many know, quite adept at playing soccer). Sound familiar? Yeah, exactly. Bolvin goes on to state that Shaq allegedly boarded a team bus, told his teammates about "his idea" and got called out by Nash: "You mean the idea you stole from me?"
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Bolvin recounts that when Shaq joined Phoenix back in 2008, Nash told him about an idea for a show in which he would play other athletes in various sports (Nash is, as many know, quite adept at playing soccer). Sound familiar? Yeah, exactly. Bolvin goes on to state that Shaq allegedly boarded a team bus, told his teammates about "his idea" and got called out by Nash: "You mean the idea you stole from me?"

Damn Shaq stealing ideals. I wouldve though it was about free throw jealousy
  • socalirep
    socalirep Members Posts: 77
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Grant easily... WTF are yall thinking to the people who said Penny? Penny was nice, but Grant was a tripple double machine. That last year in Detroit he was probably the best player in the NBA which you could never say about Penny.