Spartacus

Options

Comments

• BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    They still aint drop the whole Spartacus ? Glabus wife Bombshell on him yet... Lucretia Lives...

I think they were only spilling info as they needed to, and her killing dude's cousin was a sure way they knew to keep her in check, and she still won in the end. I was hoping they would ? her, too. I could not stand her. She know she was loving it when she was getting it from Spartacus. I wanted them to find out she was behind the little boy having Varro put to death and had her slave try to ? Spartacus
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    they already knew... she made it blatantly obvious... they even discussed it...

I must have missed that part. Someone must have been bothering me.
  • wizv.2
    wizv.2 Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    Umm Andy Whitfield's cancer got caught early so he'll be back, they're just delaying season 2 for his treatment. Also Lucretia is dead homie
    blue virgo wrote: »
    It looked like she died to me....but if she's actually alive, it'll be interesting to see what she does.

The last shot of her laying next to Batiatus, you can tell that she's still alive although bleeding to death...peep the slight movements & such.

As far as keeping her alive long enough for treatment, one the most loyal individuals to the Ludus (Ashur) survived. He'll probably get to her within time...getting her under the care of Medicus (notice he was M.I.A throughout the entire massacre) ASAP... That's my best guess on how things will play out.

http://spartacus.ausxip.com/2010/03/lucy-lawless-back-for-season-2-updated-news.html
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    wizv.2 wrote: »
    The last shot of her laying next to Batiatus, you can tell that she's still alive although bleeding to death...peep the slight movements & such.

As far as keeping her alive long enough for treatment, one the most loyal individuals to the Ludus (Ashur) survived. He'll probably get to her within time...getting her under the care of Medicus (notice he was M.I.A throughout the entire massacre) ASAP... That's my best guess on how things will play out.

http://spartacus.ausxip.com/2010/03/lucy-lawless-back-for-season-2-updated-news.html

That ish makes no sense though. Crixus stabbed her right in the stomach. She was bleeding for a good amount of time. She gotta be coming back as like a spirit or something. But then again, this is tv so you never know
  • wizv.2
    edited April 2010
    Options
    They still aint drop the whole Spartacus ? Glabus wife Bombshell on him yet... Lucretia Lives...

Yep...she's the only person besides Sparty and Illythia who knows about that. You know A-Bomb will drop eventually.
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

lol, i didn't even notice the medicus wasn't present
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

The guy with one arm?? The last you see him is when Spartacus talks to Varro's widow at the courtyard
  • Blue Virgo
    edited April 2010
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    The guy with one arm?? The last you see him is when Spartacus talks to Varro's widow at the courtyard

yeah, that's when she was putting out flower arrangements, right?
    i'm talking abotu during the riot.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yea that's how you end a season of a show could have seen more Naevia though Lucretia and Ashur gonna be up to something
  • im2fly
    im2fly Members Posts: 429
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah great way to end the season. They killed everybody and I mean EVERYBODY. LOL. Varro's girl even killed the little dude who ordered Spartacus to ? him. He would've probably lived if he wouldn't have came out his mouth saying Varro was nothing. She flipped the ? out.

I like the way they set the whole thing up too. Cutting back and forth between Crixus vs Spartacus and the 2 days leading up to it. Great writing indeed. Crixus givin Spartacus that lift to the balcony was great camera work too. Epic episode.

Question is how long before the next season (if there is a next season), will they bring back the original Spartacus or get a new guy since the original is in treatment for cancer (I really hope he gets better and is able to do it.) and who all really lived or died (since its really up in the air about Lucretia)

Oh and you gotta respect Batiatus' fight game. He got him a couple of kills in. I don't think he was really scared until he saw Lucretia.
  • wizv.2
    edited April 2010
    Options

yep, i don't think it was an accident either...these writers got something cooked up...they're not gonna let a character just disappear without any type explanation.
  • traestar
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yeah, that's when she was putting out flower arrangements, right?
    i'm talking abotu during the riot.

I didn't see him during the riot tho, that was last I seen him
  • traestar
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im2fly wrote: »
    Yeah great way to end the season. They killed everybody and I mean EVERYBODY. LOL. Varro's girl even killed the little dude who ordered Spartacus to ? him. He would've probably lived if he wouldn't have came out his mouth saying Varro was nothing. She flipped the ? out.

I like the way they set the whole thing up too. Cutting back and forth between Crixus vs Spartacus and the 2 days leading up to it. Great writing indeed. Crixus givin Spartacus that lift to the balcony was great camera work too. Epic episode.

Question is how long before the next season (if there is a next season), will they bring back the original Spartacus or get a new guy since the original is in treatment for cancer (I really hope he gets better and is able to do it.) and who all really lived or died (since its really up in the air about Lucretia)

Oh and you gotta respect Batiatus' fight game. He got him a couple of kills in. I don't think he was really scared until he saw Lucretia.

Yea man!! He was getting it in for a little
  • wizv.2
    edited April 2010
    Options

I can't decide between that shield jump or the way Ilithyia looked back (checkmate) as the guards were closing the door as my single favorite scene.

The scene where Aurelia shanked up Numerious is up there too...she flipped da ? out on that lil punk.

Yeah when Batty saw Lucretia laying there, he knew what time it was...that's why he dropped his sword and said ? it. I don't think he was scared though. He pretty much accepted what was about to come to him.
  • im2fly
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I can't decide between that shield jump or the way Ilithyia looked back (checkmate) as the guards were closing the door as my single favorite scene.

The scene where Aurelia shanked up Numerious is up there too...she flipped da ? out on that lil punk.

Yeah when Batty saw Lucretia laying there, he knew what time it was...that's why he dropped his sword and said ? it. I don't think he was scared though. He pretty much accepted what was about to come to him.

She was cold hearted for that. Soon as I saw that look on her face I knew she was gone lock everybody in to get slaughtered. Which is understandable cuz u killing 2 birds with one stone...literally. Honestly her and Ashur were the coldest ones on the whole show. I think Ilythia is really just infactuated with Spartacus. Its like an afrodisiac for her to ? up that ? life. But u know if Lucretia did live she gone find Glaber to try to get back at Ilythia and Spartacus. She most likely gone tell Glaber how Ilythia ? Spartacus. And u know he's gone go ape ? and try and ? both of them.
  • Blue Virgo
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I hated Ilythia all throughout the show because she was bringing drama to my man's life (Spartacus). But, when she did her final scene and sealed the doors--she became one of my favorite characters. The girl is gangsta, sneaky, and conniving.
  • bscoop
    bscoop Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Something is telling me Asher will join up with Glaber some how.....he was elevated and he was seen in the presence of Batiatus....think about it....who else knows the inner works of the slaves as well as Asher
  • wizv.2
    edited April 2010
    Options
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/04/spartacus-blood-and-sand-season-2-postponed-possible-prequel-in-the-works.html

The April 16 Season 1 finale of "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" is the last we'll see of the Starz! show for a while.

Lead actor Andy Whitfield was recently diagnosed with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, and since the series can't continue without Spartacus himself, production of Season 2 has been delayed indefinitely.

Staff writer Maurissa Tancharoe, confirms via Twitter: "The second season is still happening, however, it is on hold at the moment due to star Andy Whitfield's health problems." She repeated her sentiment later, assuring fans that the show has not been canceled.

NY Magazine reports that in order to utilize the sets, actors, and writers standing by, Starz is developing a prequel series. A younger actor could replace Whitfield, keeping audiences interested until Whitfield can return for Season 2. There's no word yet on whether co-stars like Lucy Lawless and John Hannah would be involved in the prequel.
  • im2fly
    edited April 2010
    Options
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/04/spartacus-blood-and-sand-season-2-postponed-possible-prequel-in-the-works.html

The April 16 Season 1 finale of "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" is the last we'll see of the Starz! show for a while.

Lead actor Andy Whitfield was recently diagnosed with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, and since the series can't continue without Spartacus himself, production of Season 2 has been delayed indefinitely.

Staff writer Maurissa Tancharoe, confirms via Twitter: "The second season is still happening, however, it is on hold at the moment due to star Andy Whitfield's health problems." She repeated her sentiment later, assuring fans that the show has not been canceled.

NY Magazine reports that in order to utilize the sets, actors, and writers standing by, Starz is developing a prequel series. A younger actor could replace Whitfield, keeping audiences interested until Whitfield can return for Season 2. There's no word yet on whether co-stars like Lucy Lawless and John Hannah would be involved in the prequel.

That might actually be pretty hot if they look at a younger Spartacus, a younger Batiatus when his father was still alive and running the Ludus, younger Crixus when he first started as a Gladiator and a young Glaber and Ilythia when he first started courting her to try and gain favor from her father.
  • bscoop
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That might actually be pretty hot if they look at a younger Spartacus, a younger Batiatus when his father was still alive and running the Ludus, younger Crixus when he first started as a Gladiator and a young Glaber and Ilythia when he first started courting her to try and gain favor from her father.

Nah, I don't like that idea, keep moving the story forward and continue to expand on the characters, the first few episodes were great for explanation.
  • Blue Virgo
    edited April 2010
    Options

I think that could work-- I'd like to see the beginning escapades of Crixus and Lucretia--and even the upbringing of Naevia
  • wizv.2
    edited April 2010
    Options
    bscoop wrote: »
    Nah, I don't like that idea, keep moving the story forward and continue to expand on the characters, the first few episodes were great for explanation.

They are gonna expand on the story/characters - the script is already in place for the second season. The intention is to provide something fresh within, as projected, a long gap between season 1 and season 2. Giving the Spartacus fan-base at least something for the time being. A real good idea if you ask me. Who knows how long it'll take for Andy to make a full recovery....
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    They are gonna expand on the story/characters - the script is already in place for the second season. The intention is to provide something fresh within, as projected, a long gap between season 1 and season 2. Giving the Spartacus fan-base at least something for the time being. A real good idea if you ask me. Who knows how long it'll take for Andy to make a full recovery....

exactly.......it's a great compromise

plus most importantly more of Batiatus's epic quotables

seriously every actor on the show gave A-1 proformances...but we know who the "real" standout was

and John Hannah should definielty get some kind of acknowldegement for that role. He showed and proved.

Even more props to the show writer for "ending" that part of the story even though I'm more then sure they realize what acting gold they struck by giving him that part.

which from what I've read he wanted pretty badly to audition 3 times of beating out far more popular and well established actors
    (they couldn't handle the sex sences and Shakesperian duologue all it once...lol)
  • bscoop
    edited April 2010
    Options
    But at the same time we lose the chemistry that we've developed for the characters presently.....I don't think moving back with the story line will help us gain a better understanding as it would delay what most people want to see...Plus the characters change instantly when we just became affiliated with them....

This would work for some but I think a majority of fans would look at this as a loss......