? Marriage or Plural Marriage Which do you Support???

Options
Soloman_The_Wise
Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in The Social Lounge
Between consenting Adults which are you more in support of when it comes to Marriage? Why or Why Not on your support choice? Explain how the Marriage effects you and your family? Is Equality really the issue or is it something else when it comes to support or protest against???

? Marriage or Plural Marriage Which do you Support??? 28 votes

? Marriage
17%
janklowhueykingblaze84PK_TK_187cannonspike1994 5 votes
Plural Marriage
21%
akomaxzombieMC The RapperI Self Lord & MasterSoloman_The_WiseTooGood 6 votes
Neither
17%
dwade206DoUwant2go2HeavenkAjUnAllah_U_AkbarSleepwalkingInJapan 5 votes
Both
42%
ra-mes1KaijonoBodhi1CK1SStoneColdMikeyDarcSkiesPlutarchatribecalledgabiStillFaggyAFBK ProductLUClEN 12 votes

Comments

• Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Neither
    But, I aint gonna get all mad and act like a little girl just because I don't agree with somebody else's lifestyle.

It aint my business.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Plural Marriage
    assuming you meant polygamy by plural marriage, ill go w/ that

thing is , americans judge polygamy from an ignorant american frame of reference...thinking of all kinds of sex and "headaches" from multiple women and all of that

but in reality, in historically polygamist societies most men in america who are married couldnt have a single wife in polygamist societies...

in the east, that ? is about stability, dough, and leadership (ie: keeping those who you are SUPPOSED to lead IN LINE), and if a MADE man dont see that in you he wont give u his daughters hand in marriage (it has to go through parents or elders)

and on top of that, folks dont know that in polygamist societies many men practice monogamy simply because they dont have the means or fortitude to support and properly cultivate multiple wives and or the progeny behind that..........and on top of that, many dont have ANY wifes at all for the same reason

meanwhile, broke loser men out here get praised for having kids and getting married when it obviously isnt for them or the right time. ? get called "blessings" and such things

in most of these societies broken families and fatherless children are an anomaly...where thats becoming, or already is, a standard here in america all across the color lines

Polygamy is cool, but it isnt for americans...we arent built for that

I can go deeper and speak on how polygamy has fortified certain societies and how its intricately interwoven into the commerce & hierarchy systems of societies. How it maintains strength and organization of the community and how our so called "righetous" choice of monogamy isn't working at its current form of being practiced and actually leading to our degeneration (not due to monagamy by ITSELF but coupled w/ all kinds of other circumstances)..but you all aint ready for that

for further insight check out Jomo Kenyatta's Facing Mount Kenya....he gets into how polyamy upheld their society and provided a well functioning and EQUAL role for everyone in society....as well as other things

EAF41.jpg

thats just one source of many available

polygamy is cool w/ the right conditioning,mindset, and skillset...americans just dont have it

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both
    Both. Who cares who anyone marries and how many of them they marry?
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Me according to scripture homosexuality is a sin and i am not down with that lifestyle or want that lifestyle around my cipher, but they can do what they do it dont effect me but keep that ? to themselves, all that outlandish ? , ? pride parade with that disgusting ? needs not to be seen by children.

I can tolerate it but dont bring that ? near me
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Plural Marriage
    waterproof wrote: »
    Me according to scripture homosexuality is a sin and i am not down with that lifestyle or want that lifestyle around my cipher, but they can do what they do it dont effect me but keep that ? to themselves, all that outlandish ? , ? pride parade with that disgusting ? needs not to be seen by children.

@waterproof
    I cosign Brother imagine if we started having Straight Pride parades? What do you think the media would do to that. My point in this thread is to show Hypocrisy amongst ? marriage supporter as I had a Real world argument the other day with one and I brought up the point of it is really bout Equality then why not also support Polygamy aka Plural Marriages as they had said that it was wrong to have multiple spouses even amongst consenting adults. I pointed out the divorce raate amongst the Homosexual Community In Contrast to the Straight and then against the much smaller Polygamist hetero and they argument kept going to mongamy being the only the only way you can trully show love and some other nonsense...

Back on topic though voters please explain your positions @janklow in particular and that other dude pk tk whatever...
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Neither
    The break down of the family unit will be completed when sodomite marriage is the law of the land. Society will finally be at it's breaking point when this is consummated. The very first words that ? spoke to mankind, (Be fruitful, multiply, and fill the earth) will be utterly voided and violated when sodomite marriage becomes legalized in all 50 states. This will usher in the complete break down of society and usher in Gods judgment upon Babylon the Great.

The legalization of sodomite marriage in ALL 50 states will be 1 of the final 2 nails in Babylons coffin. I would just advise anybody who is reading this and who is still alive when that day comes, to do these 5 things:

1) Accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior
    2) Repent of your sins and cry out for mercy
    3) Read Genesis 18-19
    4) Study Jeremiah 50-51, Revelation 17-18, Isaiah 13-14 and 47
    5) Flee out of Babylon if you live in her.

I can only give directions, now it's up to you to follow them. The day that America is totally destroyed will be like any other day. It will be a day just like today. People will be going to work, people will be going to school, people will be building, people will be planting, people will be shopping, people will be playing, but suddenly destruction will come from the north and anybody who is still living within Babylons borders will be totally annihilated by the nuclear firestorm that will be unleashed upon the whole land. The destruction will be swift (1 hour), complete, and catastrophic. May you be wise in discerning the times in which we now live. Amen.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welp, I learned what "plural marriage" means today.

guess i'll rock with that.
    Dont care for ? marriage cause mi nuh waan mi pickney dem grow up ah si di battyman dem ah walk roun like ah suh tings fi go.....

idrc though.
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    Options
    Both
    Both...mainly because it's not my place to tell someone else how to live their lives. I'm not necessarily a personal advocate of either (as in for my own life) but if it works for you or you feel like that's who you are, it's not taking money out of my pocket or affecting the quality of my life or making me lose any sleep over it.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plural Marriage
    If a dude can marry a dude you should be able to marry multiple women
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

@waterproof
    I cosign Brother imagine if we started having Straight Pride parades? What do you think the media would do to that. My point in this thread is to show Hypocrisy amongst ? marriage supporter as I had a Real world argument the other day with one and I brought up the point of it is really bout Equality then why not also support Polygamy aka Plural Marriages as they had said that it was wrong to have multiple spouses even amongst consenting adults. I pointed out the divorce raate amongst the Homosexual Community In Contrast to the Straight and then against the much smaller Polygamist hetero and they argument kept going to mongamy being the only the only way you can trully show love and some other nonsense...

Back on topic though voters please explain your positions @janklow in particular and that other dude pk tk whatever...

@Solomanthewise the media and ? will lose their damn mind if we started to have a straight pride they will talk it's a parade about hating ? or some ? , but they can march in the streets ass out with no trousers, and all type of vile filth type of ? and they showcase it on tv....make no damn sense.

But what is the divorce rate for the ? community contrast to the straight, i would like to know
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Both
    i really don't give a ? what people do in their relationships in terms of what they define themselves as...
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    ? Marriage
    in practice, ? marriage is going to cost me less money than plural marriage. also, i'm not afraid of homosexuals and couldn't care less what anyone does in the privacy of their own homes, and this seems to be the primary argument levied against ? marriage.

also, i have to say it, but you know what this "straight pride parades" sounds like? white guys ? that if they dared have a "white pride parade," it would be an outrage.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The break down of the family unit will be completed when sodomite marriage is the law of the land. Society will finally be at it's breaking point when this is consummated. The very first words that ? spoke to mankind, (Be fruitful, multiply, and fill the earth) will be utterly voided and violated when sodomite marriage becomes legalized in all 50 states. This will usher in the complete break down of society and usher in Gods judgment upon Babylon the Great.

The legalization of sodomite marriage in ALL 50 states will be 1 of the final 2 nails in Babylons coffin. I would just advise anybody who is reading this and who is still alive when that day comes, to do these 5 things:

3) Read Genesis 18-19

I can only give directions, now it's up to you to follow them. The day that America is totally destroyed will be like any other day. It will be a day just like today. People will be going to work, people will be going to school, people will be building, people will be planting, people will be shopping, people will be playing, but suddenly destruction will come from the north and anybody who is still living within Babylons borders will be totally annihilated by the nuclear firestorm that will be unleashed upon the whole land. The destruction will be swift (1 hour), complete, and catastrophic. May you be wise in discerning the times in which we now live. Amen.

? in the old testament had more then one wive but your gonna write a titangraphy talking about it wasn't accepted and some other jibberish that im not going to respond to
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »

3) Read Genesis 18-19

? in the old testament had more then one wive but your gonna write a titangraphy talking about it wasn't accepted and some other jibberish that im not going to respond to

I just want to add that just because polygamy existed in the Old Testament doesnt mean that it was accepted and/or supported. Polygamy was a cultural and political thing, not a Christian thing. In fact, the Bible condemns it in both the Old Testament and the New.
  • Plutarch
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Both
    janklow wrote: »
    also, i have to say it, but you know what this "straight pride parades" sounds like? white guys ? that if they dared have a "white pride parade," it would be an outrage.

Lol, yeah. I honestly think that nobody would really care if there were straight pride parades. The idea of a straight pride parade in itself actually sounds kind of lame.
  • Plutarch
    Options
    Both
    Between consenting Adults which are you more in support of when it comes to Marriage? Why or Why Not on your support choice? Explain how the Marriage effects you and your family?

Both. None are criminal, so they should be legal. It's not so much that I support ? marriage and plural marriage (you won't find me at a ? rights rally), it's rather that I support individuals doing whatever the hell they want as long as it doesn't generally intefere with the right of other individuals to do whather the hell they want. After all, this is America. It's simply liberty, for better or for worse. But a ? guy marrying another ? guy isn't going to affect my pursuit of happiness or that of my family's.

I might think that ? marriage is religiously wrong, but I won't and can't force ? to not marry. Homosexuality is a reality, and if anyone wants to "cure" homosexuality, preventing them from marrying isn't going to do ? but make things worse.
    Is Equality really the issue or is it something else when it comes to support or protest against???

Equality is the issue, and it's not at the same time. No one is preventing ? from having the freedom to be in relationships like husbands and wives are. They just want the " official status" that comes with being married, which is kind of odd. I think that many of them should consider themselves lucky that ? marriage is mostly illegal. Marriage can be evil. It should be illegal for a whole lot of straight people to get married really.

But the point that you brought up about ? marriage supporters being hypocritical when it comes to plural marriage is very interesting. I'm sure that some ? marriage supporters would say that it's different and that plural marriage supporters are just freaks, but that's the same thing that people say about ? marriage. It's funny when victims of prejudice are prejudiced against other people.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Plural Marriage
    Too much freedom is not a good thing. Homosexuality will destroy any nation that accepts it, for the masses plural marriage while normal is unworkable in this society. Sexual relationships frame society, the western world is going through a slow death partly because it embraced deviant sexual habits and is in the process of abandoning the clearly defined roles of men and women that brought it back to prominence, after the fall of rome to begin with.
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both
    No ? will ever be given
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options
    Plural Marriage
    janklow wrote: »
    in practice, ? marriage is going to cost me less money than plural marriage. also, i'm not afraid of homosexuals and couldn't care less what anyone does in the privacy of their own homes, and this seems to be the primary argument levied against ? marriage.

How would Plural Marriage cost you more money then ? marriage? Why should either cost you anything?

White Peoples do KKK/? rallys and marches constantly the Million man marches are the few and inbetween things that happen and get the publicity. So a better argument would most likely be Hetero/Straight Pride March would be more similar in controversy and frequency to a Black Pride or Million man style march. While a ? Pride parade/March happens quite frequently and gets little press like the White/? /KKK parade marches...
  • TooGood
    TooGood Members Posts: 31
    Options
    Plural Marriage
    I'm with the plural, if two men can hug and kiss and ? , why cant i have 2 women and we one big joint unit?

What is fair and what isnt will be debated til the end of time. Like it or not ? will be gettin married all over the US soon, thats just the way it is here. Morals and religion have taken a backseat to freedoms and rights. The first 10 amendments are discussed more than the 10 commandments. Times a changin
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    ? Marriage
    How would Plural Marriage cost you more money then ? marriage? Why should either cost you anything?
    polygamists are far more likely to be cheating social services
    White Peoples do KKK/? rallys and marches constantly the Million man marches are the few and inbetween things that happen and get the publicity. So a better argument would most likely be Hetero/Straight Pride March would be more similar in controversy and frequency to a Black Pride or Million man style march. While a ? Pride parade/March happens quite frequently and gets little press like the White/? /KKK parade marches...
    no, you're missing my point and trying to force a comparison that you find more flattering. the difference is that you have plenty of not-THAT-racist guys who love to start complaining in the face of BET or anything "black pride" related because they can't have THEIR white pride whatever without people calling them racists, and this is what's going on here: plenty of straight guys who are complaining that "if we started to have a straight pride they will talk it's a parade about hating ? or some ? ," for example (and yes, calling it "all type of vile filth type of ? " does kind of sound like hating ? ).

and really, white guys are CONSTANTLY having KKK rallies and marches? CONSTANTLY? come on, now.
    TooGood wrote: »
    Morals and religion have taken a backseat to freedoms and rights. The first 10 amendments are discussed more than the 10 commandments.
    nothing about this sounds incorrect at all. people's rights should NOT be subject to someone else's specific religious beliefs; the Bill of Rights should absolutely carry more weight than the Ten Commandments.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its whatever i don't really care, but lol at two people of the same sex getting married, it just sounds silly to me.
  • Plutarch
    Options
    Both
    TooGood wrote: »
    I'm with the plural, if two men can hug and kiss and ? , why cant i have 2 women and we one big joint unit?

What is fair and what isnt will be debated til the end of time. Like it or not ? will be gettin married all over the US soon, thats just the way it is here. Morals and religion have taken a backseat to freedoms and rights. The first 10 amendments are discussed more than the 10 commandments. Times a changin

But it's always been this way (or at least should've), especially on paper, right? The primacy of freedoms and rights aren't new. They predated the birth of this nation. Separation of church and state anyone right?
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »

I just want to add that just because polygamy existed in the Old Testament doesnt mean that it was accepted and/or supported. Polygamy was a cultural and political thing, not a Christian thing. In fact, the Bible condemns it in both the Old Testament and the New.

What you mean accepted? Hebrew are the ones who wrote it and the have many wives. Your just going on what you want to believe instead what it actually is