Is Hip Hop musick even REAL Music???

Options
Supreme_Mind999
Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in The Reason
The Answer is no...

Hip hop beats ARE NOT Real music..They are only edits,samples,and splits of other records or sounds looped into a 4 bar repetitive loop..

No human element playing the instrument?=Fake emotionless music

Computerized beat machine=Fake emotionless music

Listen to some old Bob Marley then listen to some Dream...Hear the difference?

Ask yourself, why are REAL instruments being replaced by artificial computerized synthenizers?

haters,weirdos,and fakers Feel free to diss this thread...Doesn't change the facts

Comments

• Havelx
    Havelx Members Posts: 373
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Because we are in a different era, it doesn't make the music or artist less artificial.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Because we are in a different era, it doesn't make the music or artist less artificial.

How so?...Because I can pick up a marvin gaye album and hear REAL natural instruments being played(Not repetitive loops) and turn on the radio now and hear the same computerized distorted synthetic beats on every song..Prove how it doesn't make it less artificial...Does a computer have emotions?
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Havelx wrote: »
    ? Please

? step to the left, you ain't got no bullets in your chamber to shoot down facts..Go back to la la land
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    simple it's easier to learn computerized noises on a beat machine then learning how to play a piano or a sax or learning how to play drums i agree to what you saying to a certain extent I would like to see more producers use live musicians to produce there tracks the crazy thing is when dre get's scott storch to play piano for him live folks say dre isn't really producing b/c he isn't eh one playing the piano and folks are doing it for him when all other producers just use samples or a beat machine ? is kinda backwards
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    simple it's easier to learn computerized noises on a beat machine then learning how to play a piano or a sax or learning how to play drums i agree to what you saying to a certain extent I would like to see more producers use live musicians to produce there tracks the crazy thing is when dre get's scott storch to play piano for him live folks say dre isn't really producing b/c he isn't eh one playing the piano and folks are doing it for him when all other producers just use samples or a beat machine ? is kinda backwards

Co sign..How can you be considered a REAL musician if you don't play any instruments?...Therefore Dre is NOT a real music producer lol..He mimics music
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

Main Entry: mu·sic
    Pronunciation: \ˈmyü-zik\
    Function: noun
    Usage: often attributive
    Etymology: Middle English musik, from Anglo-French musike, from Latin musica, from Greek mousikē any art presided over by the Muses, especially music, from feminine of mousikos of the Muses, from Mousa Muse
    Date: 13th century
    1 a : the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity b : vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony

• Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I never thought Hip Hop was REAL music. If you give 95% of rappers and 80-85% of Hip Hop producers and piece of sheet music they will ? in their pants.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the music (or lack there of) reflects the culture, we live in an artificial society, when hip hop did have a real movement behind it, it was stripped of truth, now due to conditioning people don't want to hear that style of hip hop.

the element of hip hop called rap was spoken word, bacially over other peoples music, now it's even more synthetic , with no knowledge behind it, i hate to sound like one of those people who glorify back in the day, but it was a progression that got us to the point we are at now.
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? ?

there is no such thing as real music

we are born without any knowledge of rhythm....so for a ? music cud be simply banging his hand on some pots while his ? does the shaka zulu dance

there was no guitar 1000 years ago, yet there was still music....

music has evolved and still is evolving

samples, is just one form way to make music...samples arent only used in hip hop, they are used in electro, dance, techno, rave...

if in the cave man days u pulled out a guitar they wud say thats not real music..they'd say screaming like a whale is real music

so get of ur high horse ? boy

music is music, music is whatever u want it to be
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2010
    Options

Main Entry: mu·sic
    Pronunciation: \ˈmyü-zik\
    Function: noun
    Usage: often attributive
    Etymology: Middle English musik, from Anglo-French musike, from Latin musica, from Greek mousikē any art presided over by the Muses, especially music, from feminine of mousikos of the Muses, from Mousa Muse
    Date: 13th century
    1 a : the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity b : vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony

Your Point?...How does this give hip hop the right to be called REAL music?...Does a bird's chirp in nature sound like something produced with a beat machine?...No, okay then those hip hop beats are not natural sounds...NOT Natural= Fake sound

Main Entry: 3fake
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: origin unknown
    Date: 1775

: counterfeit, sham
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I remember when my homeboys brother used to play sax for Jackson State back in the day he said the same thing, and me being 13 @ the time argued him that hip hop was real music, and he says what instruments were being played, I eventualy ended up playing the sax myself, but I saw his point.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? ?

there is no such thing as real music

we are born without any knowledge of rhythm....so for a ? music cud be simply banging his hand on some pots while his ? does the shaka zulu dance

there was no guitar 1000 years ago, yet there was still music....

music has evolved and still is evolving

samples, is just one form way to make music...samples arent only used in hip hop, they are used in electro, dance, techno, rave...

if in the cave man days u pulled out a guitar they wud say thats not real music..they'd say screaming like a whale is real music

so get of ur high horse ? boy

music is music, music is whatever u want it to be

Your arms too short to box with ? ,son...You cussing me out instead of debating with me with intellect shows your weak sensitive ass emotionalty...Take the panties off..

first of all music is a greek term therefore isn't a fair word to describe tones.especially when the egyptians pre date the greeks

Tones,vibrations,and frequencies are universal...The planet has a rhythm,so everybody thats born on the planet has a rhythm or a heartBEAT..Put your hand on your chest..Feel that? THATS THE ORIGINAL DRUM BEAT...Thats natural music...What a ? created on a computerized man made machine is NOT Natural sound therefore speeds up your heart rate

So you get off your high horse,money because your rants make you look stupid
  • young_reezy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    what you droppin is too heavy for some to pick up.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I remember when my homeboys brother used to play sax for Jackson State back in the day he said the same thing, and me being 13 @ the time argued him that hip hop was real music, and he says what instruments were being played, I eventualy ended up playing the sax myself, but I saw his point.

Hip hop is like a fast food meal..Deep Inside you know this isn't real food but you enjoy it anyway..I'm not trying to rain on anybody parade just kickin something real instead of having a bunch of thread about bullshyt all the time
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    I never thought Hip Hop was REAL music. If you give 95% of rappers and 80-85% of Hip Hop producers and piece of sheet music they will ? in their pants.

lol....real talk
  • thesynthesis
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Your arms too short to box with ? ,son...You cussing me out instead of debating with me with intellect shows your weak sensitive ass emotionalty...Take the panties off..

first of all music is a greek term therefore isn't a fair word to describe tones.especially when the egyptians pre date the greeks

Tones,vibrations,and frequencies are universal...The planet has a rhythm,so everybody thats born on the planet has a rhythm or a heartBEAT..Put your hand on your chest..Feel that? THATS THE ORIGINAL DRUM BEAT...Thats natural music...What a ? created on a computerized man made machine is NOT Natural sound therefore speeds up your heart rate

So you get off your high horse,money because your rants make you look stupid

? made airplanes

? use computers to design ? everyday

computers are changing the world

u over here stuck in the caveman days

people who use computers to make music are still making music....if load up reason 2 and start making a drum beat on the midi keyboard, i'm still making that music....i then add a piano to it..and throw a chopped up sample over it, bass etc......thats still music...

the ways we make music has evolved...theres no such thing as natural...music is music....

from howling like a ? , to bangin on ? , to playing a guitar to using a mac to make a beat...there is no difference...

if u had ur way everyone wud still be bangin some congos and singing tribal songs...move with the times old man
  • great l
    great l Members Posts: 393
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It depends on how you define music. I for one started playing the piano since I was six and I have been classically trained and can read music but I still love hip-hop for what it is. The strength of the art is not in the music itself but in the spoken word/ lyrics. That is why I do not listen to garbage with a hot beat like Gucci Mane. I am not trying to sound pompous but I am way too intelligent for ? like that.

I do listen to all genres of music and love all music. Each one has it's strength and weaknesses but it would be ? hard to see the Clipse walking down the road and say to my son, "hey look, those are some ? good musicians son". They are great rappers but that's about it.

The Roots are the only exception in hiphop.
  • thesynthesis
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • young_reezy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    thats why hip hop (the lifestyle) was a median for a movement expressed through it's different elements, take that away what do you have?
  • biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I agree 1000 %.

Even though its not just hip hop that fits into that category, its more just new music in general, but I get what you are saying.

Even Rock, and Country are starting to sound fake and manufactured.

I was actually having a conversation with my boy about how much better live drums and instrumentation sound on a record, compared to digital drums and beat machines. So we played some records and the feel of the records diminished when it came to synth drums and digital drums. We both thought that the live instrumentation had a completely different feel to it. It didnt sound so manufactured and mastered. It sounded more raw and real.
  • biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Good thread / topic by the way
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? made airplanes

? use computers to design ? everyday

computers are changing the world

u over here stuck in the caveman days

people who use computers to make music are still making music....if load up reason 2 and start making a drum beat on the midi keyboard, i'm still making that music....i then add a piano to it..and throw a chopped up sample over it, bass etc......thats still music...

the ways we make music has evolved...theres no such thing as natural...music is music....

from howling like a ? , to bangin on ? , to playing a guitar to using a mac to make a beat...there is no difference...

if u had ur way everyone wud still be bangin some congos and singing tribal songs...move with the times old man

I'm not stuck in the caveman days..I am on a computer right? lol..How about those deadly EMF rays computers give off?..Are those healthy for your natural body which has a natural pulse and a natural breath?...or are you a robot?....Maybe you got windows 7 installed in your brain...Sounds like you trying to justified your reasons because you love synthetic music..and rock on playboy do what the ? makes you happy but don't pour syrup on ? and tell me its pancakes..THERE IS A DIFFERENCE..Did you have reasons 2 in your mama's stomach?..Did you come out your mama's ? with a laptop...Evolution doesn't always mean that the evolution is right or good
  • thesynthesis
    edited April 2010
    Options
    dumb ? compared bob malrey to the dream lmaooo

if bob marley was here now he'd be collabin with kanye and dr dre and still making classics good as his old ?

thats a matter of talent nothing to do with if computers were used or not
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2010
    Options
    thats why hip hop (the lifestyle) was a median for a movement expressed through it's different elements, take that away what do you have?

I feel you reezy...The problem is not our median..Our median is beautiful..Its the sounds behind it that cause the chaos..They can never take away our expressions and artforms..? will invent a another genre if they take away hip hop(Which to a extent they already have)