Is Hip Hop musick even REAL Music???

Options

Comments

• young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol kanye and dre? lol wit bob malrey, thought it was marley, ? dre and kanye them ? fruity as some alize.
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm not stuck in the caveman days..I am on a computer right? lol..How about those deadly EMF rays computers give off?..Are those healthy for your natural body which has a natural pulse and a natural breath?...or are you a robot?....Maybe you got windows 7 installed in your brain...Sounds like you trying to justified your reasons because you love synthetic music..and rock on playboy do what the ? makes you happy but don't pour syrup on ? and tell me its pancakes..THERE IS A DIFFERENCE..Did you have reasons 2 in your mama's stomach?..Did you come out your mama's ? with a laptop...Evolution doesn't always mean that the evolution is right or good

? everything around u is bad for ur health even if its natural...from the sun rays to weed....

? u were given 2 feet, dat doesnt mean u dont need an airplane to get to another country....

we are evolving....ur stuck in some time warp....

funny thing is bob marley was using synths on his best album exodus which were first introduced by that german producer who started disco

ur argument is flawed
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    dumb ? compared bob malrey to the dream lmaooo

if bob marley was here now he'd be collabin with kanye and dr dre and still making classics good as his old ?

thats a matter of talent nothing to do with if computers were used or not

How you know what bob marley would be doing?You see people's destinies thru computers? fake ass nerd microsoft windows 7 phophet...Go stick a fork in the power outlet and get off my ?
  • thesynthesis
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How you know what bob marley would be doing?You see people's destinies thru computers? fake ass nerd microsoft windows 7 phophet...Go stick a fork in the power outlet and get off my ?

? marley used synths on exdous album, computerized synthesizers aint natural...but he still used them, go watch the documentary about the making of the exodus album which was recorded in london, ? was in a studio surrounded by computers and synths
  • thesynthesis
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? over here using bob marley as an example, when bobs best album was made with the help of computers lmao

at least get ur facts straight ?
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? everything around u is bad for ur health even if its natural...from the sun rays to weed....

? u were given 2 feet, dat doesnt mean u dont need an airplane to get to another country....

we are evolving....ur stuck in some time warp....

funny thing is bob marley was using synths on his best album exodus which were first introduced by that german producer who started disco

ur argument is flawed

Disco is a fake ass music genre which mostly white ppl dance to..Sun rays have vitamins for people with melanin...Maybe you white so the sun rays fry your ass...weed in its natural form has many proven medical properties..NOT WHEN YOU SMOKE IT ? ..Setting fire to anything will change the molecular structure of it..Thats all you got 4 me?? some corny ass jokes and FLAWED data thats REALLY YOUR OPINION..Not facts..go somewhere
  • cubaroid
    cubaroid Members Posts: 483
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i see ur point , but i dont agree with that statement. music is music, "natural" or not. things just change, we are living in a different world right now
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? marley used synths on exdous album, computerized synthesizers aint natural...but he still used them, go watch the documentary about the making of the exodus album which was recorded in london, ? was in a studio surrounded by computers and synths

Best in whose eyes?...You brainwashed..Never did I say bob marley didn't use computers..I compared the old more organic sounds of music to the overly computerized sounds of music of today...Evil ass ? ..How about going in depth about them EMF rays while you tryin to discredit my overall point with your bullshyt
  • thesynthesis
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Disco is a fake ass music genre which mostly white ppl dance to..Sun rays have vitamins for people with melanin...Maybe you white so the sun rays fry your ass...weed in its natural form has many proven medical properties..NOT WHEN YOU SMOKE IT ? ..Setting fire to anything will change the molecular structure of it..Thats all you got 4 me?? some corny ass jokes and FLAWED data thats REALLY YOUR OPINION..Not facts..go somewhere

damn ? u said Bob Marley music is natural yet he used computerized synthesizers to make his best piece of work..stick to the argument...

lmaoo

? here talking about pollution...

lets stick to the subjct of bob marley who u mentioned in ur original post..

most of the great musics in the 70's used some form of computerized synth and we aint just talking disoc, we talking funk, soul, rock.

ur argument is flawed. argue these facts with me bitchboy
  • t_e_c_h_n_9_n_e
    t_e_c_h_n_9_n_e Members Posts: 11
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm not stuck in the caveman days..I am on a computer right? lol..How about those deadly EMF rays computers give off?..Are those healthy for your natural body which has a natural pulse and a natural breath?...or are you a robot?....Maybe you got windows 7 installed in your brain...Sounds like you trying to justified your reasons because you love synthetic music..and rock on playboy do what the ? makes you happy but don't pour syrup on ? and tell me its pancakes..THERE IS A DIFFERENCE..Did you have reasons 2 in your mama's stomach?..Did you come out your mama's ? with a laptop...Evolution doesn't always mean that the evolution is right or good

You say Hip-Hop ain't real music because there is no insturments used, then you go on to say "Did you come out your mama's ? with a laptop", Well lemme ask you, did you come up out your mama's ? with a ? gutair or some ? ?

To say there is no heart in it because its synthetic is ? . You ask anyone making beats if they got love for what they are doin and they gonna tell you the exact same thing a gutair player or a drummer is gonna tell you.

Regardless of HOW music is made, it is still music at the end of the day. Its like this, you could walk out of your house and straight to the shop, or you could walk out of your house, stop up the street at your friends house THEN go to the shop, but at the end of the day you still gonna get to the ? shop. Same goes for music being made from a computer or music being made from some instruments.
  • tab58064
    tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Answer is no...

Hip hop beats ARE NOT Real music..They are only edits,samples,and splits of other records or sounds looped into a 4 bar repetitive loop..

No human element playing the instrument?=Fake emotionless music

Computerized beat machine=Fake emotionless music

Listen to some old Bob Marley then listen to some Dream...Hear the difference?

Ask yourself, why are REAL instruments being replaced by artificial computerized synthenizers?

haters,weirdos,and fakers Feel free to diss this thread...Doesn't change the facts
    The definition of music according to Merriam Webster's Dictionary is "the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity". So to answer your question, YES HIP-HOP IS DEFINITELY MUSIC!!!
  • thesynthesis
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You say Hip-Hop ain't real music because there is no insturments used, then you go on to say "Did you come out your mama's ? with a laptop", Well lemme ask you, did you come up out your mama's ? with a ? gutair or some ? ?

To say there is no heart in it because its synthetic is ? . You ask anyone making beats if they got love for what they are doin and they gonna tell you the exact same thing a gutair player or a drummer is gonna tell you.

Regardless of HOW music is made, it is still music at the end of the day. Its like this, you could walk out of your house and straight to the shop, or you could walk out of your house, stop up the street at your friends house THEN go to the shop, but at the end of the day you still gonna get to the ? shop. Same goes for music being made from a computer or music being made from some instruments.

word........
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2010
    Options
    damn ? u said Bob Marley music is natural yet he used computerized synthesizers to make his best piece of work..stick to the argument...

lmaoo

? here talking about pollution...

lets stick to the subjct of bob marley who u mentioned in ur original post..

most of the great musics in the 70's used some form of computerized synth and we aint just talking disoc, we talking funk, soul, rock.

ur argument is flawed. argue these facts with me bitchboy

? You the one who brought other topics into the discussion..Yeah they purposely brought out the synthesizers to take the soul out of the music with a group called devo..Ask yourself Why they(A GERM man) take out natural analog sound to replace it with fake sounds?..You a muthafuckin physic vampire my ? ..Same crackas who enslaved and ? african women made these synthesizers you praise..weak ass ? will bow down to anything as long as it pleases your senses..get out the matrix and think for yourself puppet
  • outlawd
    outlawd Members Posts: 89
    edited April 2010
    Options
    dudes right almost every aspect of hip hop is becoming fake from the way the music is made to the videos to the artist. ? a gimmick son!
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Your Point?...How does this give hip hop the right to be called REAL music?...Does a bird's chirp in nature sound like something produced with a beat machine?...No, okay then those hip hop beats are not natural sounds...NOT Natural= Fake sound

Main Entry: 3fake
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: origin unknown
    Date: 1775

: counterfeit, sham

vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony

Read it and weep. Why did you ask the opening question if you felt you already had a factual argument? I believe that excessive sampling and looping can become redundant, but that doesn't mean it's not music. Maybe that just means it lacks deep inspiration or originality.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2010
    Options

Your body works on universal harmonics...Are those harmonics and sounds made by hip hop related to the harmonics of the planet?..aight then..You ain't saying nothing..Just typing essays full of bullshyt because YOU LOVE HIP HOP and sythetic music..Just keep it real..say I LOVE sythetic music..You don't wanna know the truth
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Roots pwns this thread
  • edutained_by_hh
    edutained_by_hh Members Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Whatever, real Hip-Hop>>>>>>any other music, in my eyes.
  • delwons
    delwons Members Posts: 181 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ok so hip hop isnt real music now what? are you gonna stop listening or are you gonna make organic hip hop music? basically what is the point of this thread?
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2010
    Options
    vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony

Read it and weep. Why did you ask the opening question if you felt you already had a factual argument? I believe that excessive sampling and looping can become redundant, but that doesn't mean it's not music. Maybe that just means it lacks deep inspiration or originality.

Music is an art form whose medium is sound. Common elements of music are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics, and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture. The word derives from Greek μουσική (mousike), "(art) of the Muses

How does Music relate to ANYbody of african descent if its origins are from greeks?...You ? have lost your culture..therefore are still mentally dead..Just because hip hop music creates sounds or what most refer to as music doesn't mean its REAL MUSIC...How is most hip hop original if the beats are derived from old songs and beat loops?..Its FAKE music..
  • t_e_c_h_n_9_n_e
    t_e_c_h_n_9_n_e Members Posts: 11
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Your body works on universal harmonics...Are those harmonics and sounds made by hip hop related to the harmonics of the planet?..aight then..You ain't saying nothing..Just typing essays full of bullshyt because YOU LOVE HIP HOP and sythetic music..Just keep it real..say I LOVE sythetic music..You don't wanna know the truth

Okay, so we've established the fact that it is MUSIC regardless of the manner it is produced in, and clearly you agree. Synthetic or not, it IS music.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Music is an art form whose medium is sound. Common elements of music are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics, and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture. The word derives from Greek μουσική (mousike), "(art) of the Muses

How does Music relate to ANYbody of african descent if its origins are from greeks?...You ? have lost your culture..therefore are still mentally dead..Just because hip hop music creates sounds or what most refer to as music doesn't mean its REAL MUSIC...How is most hip hop original if the beats are derived from old songs and beat loops?..Its FAKE music..

So are you saying that The Roots don't make hip hop music????

And you're avoiding the vocal part of the definition.

And it's not that deep to me. No need for all the emotion dude...
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    In this day and age it's hard to say, all music genres not just Hip Hop are incorporating elements from other music genres.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hip hop is like a fast food meal..Deep Inside you know this isn't real food but you enjoy it anyway..I'm not trying to rain on anybody parade just kickin something real instead of having a bunch of thread about bullshyt all the time
    I dig you homie, with a shovel and a back hoe. And maybe when I got older I saw his point. I still like to blow my sax and back spin on the 1's & 2's!
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Okay, so we've established the fact that it is MUSIC regardless of the manner it is produced in, and clearly you agree. Synthetic or not, it IS music.

? will find anyway to nitpick and find ways to deflect the overall meaning of things...the arguement is not whether hip hop is music or not..The point is that it is FAKE MUSIC...

Main Entry: 1syn·thet·ic
    Pronunciation: \sin-ˈthe-tik\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Greek synthetikos of composition, component, from syntithenai to put together
    Date: 1697

1 : relating to or involving synthesis : not analytic <the synthetic aspects of a philosophy>
    2 : attributing to a subject something determined by observation rather than analysis of the nature of the subject and not resulting in self-contradiction if negated — compare analytic
    3 : characterized by frequent and systematic use of inflected forms to express grammatical relationships <synthetic languages>
    4 a (1) : of, relating to, or produced by chemical or biochemical synthesis; especially : produced artificially <synthetic drugs> <synthetic silk> (2) : of or relating to a synfuel b : devised, arranged, or fabricated for special situations to imitate or replace usual realities c : factitious, bogus