Do rappers release albums anymore?

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Reason
How many big releases have we had in the last six months? Luda and that Lil Wayne album! Where the ? are the hiphop albums, i use to cop 1 or 2 every Tuesday and now mfs don't even release ? anymore. Where are the Lupe,Andre,Big Boi,etc albums, hiphop is on some ? right now!

I don't ? with mixtapes either, i don't want to hear ? using other ? beats. Make some original music!

Comments

• therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think some of the artist lost their love for hip hop.

Jay got rappers lookin at numbers too much ..
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i think some of the artist lost their love for hip hop.

jay got rappers lookin at numbers too much ..

dont u mean cuuuurry got rapperz lookin @ numberz 2 much?????
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    cause the eastcoast sucks
  • duckmanpig
    duckmanpig Members Posts: 428
    edited April 2010
    Options
    all the interesting rappers dropped between the last 2 years.

that bob is flames tho
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    dont u mean cuuuurry got rapperz lookin @ numberz 2 much?????

Well yeah .. your right.

But the whole "Men lie, women lie, numbers dont" quote made things worse.

smh ... it seems to be the quote of the game now.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^ but j only said that 'men lie women lie numberz dont' line 2 rub n cuuuurryz GGGGG-UFLOP n his face...lol
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    They all wanna wait for the 4th quarter. I hate how in hip hop everything is a strategy now.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    How many big releases have we had in the last six months? Luda and that Lil Wayne album! Where the ? are the hiphop albums, i use to cop 1 or 2 every Tuesday and now mfs don't even release ? anymore. Where are the Lupe,Andre,Big Boi,etc albums, hiphop is on some ? right now!

I don't ? with mixtapes either, i don't want to hear ? using other ? beats. Make some original music!

I gave up that stance joe i held it for a minute but with little to no new material out i had to go iniot the mixtape game i feel you though if it's a mixtape over other rappers beats i tend not to listen but if it isn't and the music is original i will give it try everybody gets pushed back also is the problem and watch around xmas times you will see everybody dropping albums
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    juelz taking longer than dre to put put his album out

pac use to drop an album every year
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    labels ain't shelling out money for rappers albums like they used to and add to the fact most artist don't know how to handle business independently, music channels don't show videos anymore, radio only plays established artists or songs with dance beats, bootlegging, etc.
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    labels ain't shelling out money for rappers albums like they used to and add to the fact most artist don't know how to handle business independently, music channels don't show videos anymore, radio only plays established artists or songs with dance beats, bootlegging, etc.

Thats why chuckle at this bish life i know, when she trying to become rappers at a late age like its no other professions out there to get paid from & failure to have college education.
  • TMonroe
    TMonroe Members Posts: 73
    edited April 2010
    Options
    These rappers can't release albums, because they have no control over that. Besides, the business has declined real bad. No more music outlets in terms of video and air play. Labels are not shelling out any dollars for albums, because a big portion of their sales slumped. It's a lot of reasons why Hip Hop albums aren't out.
  • biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I like the fact that they dont rush their music though. It makes for better music.

But I agree when you said you used to cop albums every tuesday. I was the same. It seems like the industry only wanna invest in guaranteed money back artists right now. Instead of breaking new artists.

And every artist is focusing on money instead of the music. Which is a big problem. I mean I like money like the next man, but if I'm an musician, music should be the only focus.
  • Shootin At A Cop Car
    Shootin At A Cop Car Members Posts: 77
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Jay got rappers lookin at numbers too much ..

Jay? you mean 50
  • braindeadgroup
    braindeadgroup Members Posts: 30
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? I used to buy a CD every tuesday too.

The thing is...I was thinking about it the other day, Best Buy is like the only place you can buy a ? CD any more!!! Isn't that crazy?

? Wal-Mart
  • a posting ape
    a posting ape Members Posts: 335
    edited April 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    ^ but j only said that 'men lie women lie numberz dont' line 2 rub n cuuuurryz GGGGG-UFLOP n his face...lol

you couldnt be more wrong, my dude. he said that ? to diss jim jones a long ass time ago
    quit tryin to bring g-unit into every thread, especially when you're not even bringin facts