af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Simple question who has had a better career if they were to both end now

Comments

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well Iverson has way more years to go by. But Wade's performance in the finals puts him ahead of AI in my book.
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It's hard really since Wade still got much more years ahead of him and could even win another title, AI. been in the game for a while and has over 20k pts and a hall of famer. Wade takes it though for the ring he got in 06.
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If AI wouldve won a ring in 01 then he would win this thread
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

Pretty much, for a player a ring is the main thing for their career.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    d-wade, he got the ring
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There's many factors for this, but I'd say this!

I picked Wade because he still has many years in the tank but thats it!
    Wade was the factor in that finals win, but if it wasn't for the BIG MAN and the lineup at that time
    I don't think he would get that far in the playoffs. Besides Shaq is responsible for Kobe's 3 of 4 rings, and Wade's one!
    And if Lebron and the Cavs win I rest my case!

But A.I. to my understanding only had that team that went to the 01 finals and that was it, and there really was no other factor
    besides A.I., his stint with Denver was bad mostly because of himself not getting better although they could've went further.

They both broke respected records and all but Wade would just have a better career in terms of playing abilities.
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • john2009
    john2009 Confirm Email Posts: 2,081 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wade FTW..

what does FTW mean..i been seeing it every where
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    d-wade, heat got the ring

Please dont make it based off rings....if AI had the team the heat had in 06 back in 01 then AI would have multiple rings philly was a one man team back then they got lucky to even win one game in that series in LA at that but if I had to choose now I would say D-Wade but overall skill wise AI has the edge slightly
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    john2009 wrote: »
    what does FTW mean..i been seeing it every where

for the win
  • 1of1
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wade plays defense......
  • vageneral08
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wade plays defense......

and AI didnt?
  • 1of1
    edited April 2010
    Options
    and AI didnt?
    Honestly I don't know his stats defensively, but the eyeball test tells me that wade is a better defender...
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    end now???

i choose a.i.....
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

exactly.....
  • vageneral08
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Honestly I don't know his stats defensively, but the eyeball test tells me that wade is a better defender...

well AI has led the league in steals multiple times thats why I find it funny when people say AI plays no defense
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    C/S on AI with the steals.

I know u all love these new NBA guys and think they are the best ever but Wade seems a little overrated to me.

I guess I always compare these players to the 80s and early 90s players. I dont see Wade as one of the 50 greatest NBA players.
    I can see AI in there. Inch for inch one of the greatest ever.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    steals=/= good defender
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wade blocks ? dunk attemps, AI just played the passing lanes, so Wade, ftw!
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'll probably say Wade is a better on ball defender then AI, but AI is better at picking off the passing lane
  • vageneral08
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wade blocks ? dunk attemps, AI just played the passing lanes, so Wade, ftw!

well wade has more hops then AI and that's not AI style of playing anyway but just for the record AI has blocked a few shots in his career but it's not his main objective like it is with Center or PF
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Please dont make it based off rings....if AI had the team the heat had in 06 back in 01 then AI would have multiple rings philly was a one man team back then they got lucky to even win one game in that series in LA at that but if I had to choose now I would say D-Wade but overall skill wise AI has the edge slightly

please ? , I say this all the time, u could give Iverson with KG in his prime, Tim Duncan, or any other great players and it wouldn't have mater. He needs the ball, he wont pass the ball to other players. You aint gonna change his game with great players. Eventually, they would have been frustrated with him and they would have left. Iverson is the ultimate me person. Matter of fact, Wade is the better overall player. While Iverson is the better 1-1 scorer.
  • vageneral08
    edited April 2010
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    please ? , I say this all the time, u could give Iverson with KG in his prime, Tim Duncan, or any other great players and it wouldn't have mater. He needs the ball, he wont pass the ball to other players. You aint gonna change his game with great players. Eventually, they would have been frustrated with him and they would have left. Iverson is the ultimate me person. Matter of fact, Wade is the better overall player. While Iverson is the better 1-1 scorer.

You must be sick in the head....did you forget what he did in the 2001 all star game??? they was down 20+ points AI was passing the ball like muthafucka and if he had ONE good center they're chances of winning that title would've been greater....what's the point of passing the ball when the rest of your teammates are wack??? that's why he played the way he played he had way more assist when he was in denver and they are way better than philly