• smacktalka
    smacktalka Members Posts: 195
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Forreal that Super Bowl argument is tired and false. He was hardly an integral factor into the Saints getting that far.

C'MON son, GTFOH wit that ?
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    come on man....bust?

Also, I must say he is actually getting better with time. Reggie has been the fasted and most atheltic person on the field since high school, up until he got to the league, ....all that tip toe, shake and bake ? dont cut it....and he has learned that over time. He aint no bust, and to say he didnt contribute to the Saints winning season is str8 ? ....he came through in the clutch many times for us. Like I said, was he overrated coming out of USC, hell yeah....bust?? hell no. Jamarcus is a bust....someone that contributes nothing to a team.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Saints grossly overpaid.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    come on man....bust?

Also, I must say he is actually getting better with time. Reggie has been the fasted and most atheltic person on the field since high school, up until he got to the league, ....all that tip toe, shake and bake ? dont cut it....and he has learned that over time. He aint no bust, and to say he didnt contribute to the Saints winning season is str8 ? ....he came through in the clutch many times for us. Like I said, was he overrated coming out of USC, hell yeah....bust?? hell no. Jamarcus is a bust....someone that contributes nothing to a team.

Kind of a weak hi-lite reel to be honest. Some good runs, but overall weak reel. And he is a bust. Worthless and bust aren't he same thing. Worthless means you don't contribute. A bust means you don't come near livin up to expectations...that's Reggie Bush. Jamarcus Russell is worthless and a bust. But if he was drafted in round 7, he'd just b worthless because expectations would be lower.
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That was a weak highlight reel.

Joshua Cribbs' reel is just as good probably if not better and i'm not sure he was even drafted.
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    To everyone that's saying he's a bust.If your favorite team picked him up would you like it or not???
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    still-SBP wrote: »
    To everyone that's saying he's a bust.If your favorite team picked him up would you like it or not???

As a backup all-purpose back or punt returner. Not a starter.

Warrick Dunn > Bush.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    As a backup all-purpose back or punt returner. Not a starter.

Warrick Dunn > Bush.

Co-sign.

To his credit, Bush would be a ? and dunk QB's best friend. That's not a completely good thing though.

As far as the people chirping "NAY!" to my last post, please explain. I think the fact that he had 70 carries should be reason enough that he isn't deserving of the credit you're attributing to him for HIS TEAM winning the Superbowl. Besides most times they put the ? in it was garbage time anyway.

I wonder if most of the people who like him watch his games instead of just his highlight reels. ? , if I didn't watch Saints games throughout the seasons seeing him ? his pants and run out the sidlines and I saw ESPN highlights of the ? soaring thru mid air I would think he's amazing too.

Pierre Thomas >>>>>> Bush.

Hell you could make the argument for Mike Bell over Bush, you could trust him on 3rd and 1.
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Co-sign.

I wonder if most of the people who like him watch his games instead of just his highlight reels. Fuck, if I didn't watch Saints games throughout the seasons seeing him ? his pants and run out the sidlines and I saw ESPN highlights of the ? soaring thru mid air I would think he's amazing too.

ROTFLMAO

Truth!
  • bow to royalty
    edited April 2010
    Options
    still-SBP wrote: »

As a free agent, I wouldn't mind if we picked him up cuz like I said he's not worthless. But I wouldn't trade a first round pick for him, which is where he got drafted. In fact Bush is like a bonus running back, not an essential running back. If my team didn't have a RB and needed one, I'd be ? if we went out and got Bush to fill the role. Only teams that already have a RB would go out and get Bush...bust
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Kind of a weak hi-lite reel to be honest. Some good runs, but overall weak reel. And he is a bust. Worthless and bust aren't he same thing. Worthless means you don't contribute. A bust means you don't come near livin up to expectations...that's Reggie Bush. Jamarcus Russell is worthless and a bust. But if he was drafted in round 7, he'd just b worthless because expectations would be lower.

Man thats the dumbest ? I ever heard.
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Reggie Bush makes Yahoo's NFL Bust of Decade list

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Draft-Busts-of-the-2000s-Where-are-they-now-?urn=nfl,235522
    RB Reggie Bush(notes), USC: Bush is a fringe bust classification; a talented player who was drafted far too high at second overall. He'll stay with the Saints in 2010 despite an $8 million base salary
  • bow to royalty
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Man thats the dumbest ? I ever heard.

haha, what about it is dumb? PLEASE explain
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Kwame Brown can be on a championship team but he will always be a bust.

Leinhart contributed to a team that made it to the Super Bowl. He was the backup QB, a tackling ? and probably held the ball on the tee for FGs.
    So he contributed too.

*smh*

lmao...you're really gonna put him in that same box huh?

Bush did alot more for his team than Kwame and Leinhart, both whom contributed NOTHING to the OVERALL success of thier team....I do believe Bush was a KEY contributor in the Ari-NO playoff game with 2 TD's right?
  • mike06
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if Bush is considered a bust.....what do ya'll consider Williams and Young?
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »

Vince Young? No, I dont see him as a bust. I believe he made it to playoffs as a QB as a rookie (i think), then almost carried his team to playoffs after a terrible start under Kerry Collins.

Outside of his breakdown the year before, Vince has won a good share of games as a starter.

Mario Williams? No dont think he's a bust (40 sacks in 4yrs = 10 sacks per year).
    And that was after only having 5 in his rookie season. 10 sacks per season and getting better!
  • bow to royalty
    edited April 2010
    Options

Hope you're not talkin bout Mario Williams. And VY has played a larger role in Titans success than Bush has in Saints success.
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Bush makes another Draft Bust list

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/375445-the-top-20-nfl-draft-busts-of-all-time#page/4
    No. 18: Reggie Bush (2006)
    Slide 4 of 22

Drafted: Saints, second pick

Bush didn't ? my list until this year. Considering all the hype about how Bush was going to revolutionize the position, I just can't get away from the lack of production.

He had 70 carries for 390 yards in 2009. The production is going in the opposite direction. Yes, he makes some catches as well. But he disappears for long stretches of time.

He had one big burst in the playoffs, enough to put him back on our radar. That's the big tease with Reggie. So much talent and so little payoff.

We've seen more commercials and more sex tapes than we've seen real NFL worth. Too much Kim Kardashian, not enough end zone.

• mike06
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Vince Young? No, I dont see him as a bust. I believe he made it to playoffs as a QB as a rookie (i think), then almost carried his team to playoffs after a terrible start under Kerry Collins.
    Outside of his breakdown last year, Vince has been decent.

Mario Williams? No dont think he's a bust (40 sacks in 4yrs = 10 sacks per year) but he's not Reggie White either.

so thats acceptable for the #1 pick and Reggie's numbers differ how?.....just because the production hasn't equated to the hype does not make him a bust escpeially if there is an increase in production over the years showing he's improving...Young has degressed since his rookie year.....Williams' impact in the league as the #1 pick has been very minimal...so if Young has another "break down" next year or the Titans suck ass again with him as the starter when will he be considered a bust?...if Williams post another 10 sack season or less next year will he considered a bust.....

i mean seriously has Bush gotten worse since he came out or better(not better than we expected but better than he actually was when he first came out)?
  • mike06
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hope you're not talkin bout Mario Williams. And VY has played a larger role in Titans success than Bush has in Saints success.

yes the #1 and the #3 pick in the draft...what success has VY had since his rookie year....HE GOT BENCHED just like Bush did.....and had just as much hype comin off the chip as Bush did.....as is he any different?
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Even Tony Dungy said he would take Sproles over Bush.
    You're talking about a #2 pick vs a guy who was picked 134th overall and is 5'4 tall.

Appearing on The Dan Patrick Show, Dungy said that he'd take Chargers running back Darren Sproles over Saints running back Reggie Bush.

It's actually not even close. Sproles has become that which Bush was supposed to have been.

Sproles is a dynamic and dangerous kick returner. Sproles is a shifty and elusive running back, who worked between the tackles and outside. And Sproles is a heart-attack-inducing presence in the passing game, with the ever-present ability to turn a short screen into a long touchdown.

Of course, Dungy is in much better position to compare the two. In Dungy's only exposure to Bush, the 2005 Heisman winner generated 45 yards of total offense in the 2007 regular-season opener. Sproles, on the other hand, helped end Dungy's coaching career with a strong performance in the 2008 AFC playoffs.

So while Saints fans might now accuse Dungy of hating Bush, Dungy has many more reasons to actually hate Sproles.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/18/tony-dungy-would-take-darren-sproles-over-reggie-bush/
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

You cant be serious .....Mario Williams is a 2 Time Pro Bowler, Young won Rookie of the Year and last year had a damn good comeback year after his head coach pretty much was all up kerry collins ass, Reggie Bush is a weapon yes, but he's a Bust for someone who was drafted No.2 overall.....Do you Draft RB's No.2 overall to be your 3rd String runningback?? ...i remember when he was coming out they were saying next "Gayle sayers",or he was "Barry Sanders Like".....and Texans got ? on and laughed at for not taking him Number 1 at the time , But now this dude is a 3rd String RunningBack but you saying he's Not a Bust???..
  • bow to royalty
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so thats acceptable for the #1 pick and Reggie's numbers differ how?.....just because the production hasn't equated to the hype does not make him a bust escpeially if there is an increase in production over the years showing he's improving...Young has degressed since his rookie year.....Williams' impact in the league as the #1 pick has been very minimal...so if Young has another "break down" next year or the Titans suck ass again with him as the starter when will he be considered a bust?...if Williams post another 10 sack season or less next year will he considered a bust.....

i mean seriously has Bush gotten worse since he came out or better(not better than we expected but better than he actually was when he first came out)?

Williams has been in the top 10 in sacks twice, and one of those was him tying for 3rd. How's that minimal impact? What's Bush finished top 10 in? And Williams stays healthy and plays in every game for the Texans. Bush stays hurt.

Vince Young has helped his team win if you've seen him. He's by no means a great QB, but he does lead his team to victory.

Bush has gotten less yards, and less touches ever year since he came in the league...how's he getting better?

And finally. Bush was the 4th, MAYBE 3rd best RB in the draft. Williams was the best DE, and Young was the 2nd best QB....so Bush is the bust
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options

Are u kidding me? Check this first round DE career stats in Atlanta:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=11116

2.5 sacks in FOUR YEARS!!!...now that's less than minimal.

Jared Allen is probably the best DE in NFL right now and averages about 12 per year over last 4yrs.

Keep in mind Mario Williams isnt a 265 lbs DE coming off the edge. He's like 300 lbs.