Official Kentucky Basketball Recruiting Thread

Options

Comments

• bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Orton and Bledsoe should stay another year. Wall, Cousins, and Patterson have no business being in the NCAA anymore.

c/s. i wanna believe that Orton & Bledsoe are just "Testing the waters" and may actually return to UK. but yeah Wall's prolly the #1 pick and the other 2 are prolly top 15 picks,
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    LOL, LMAO. Lets put it this way, Calapari has NEVER been to a final Four.

Nah elaborate for me ? ... The one with Memphis didn't count?
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    radaman wrote: »
    Nah elaborate for me ? ... The one with Memphis didn't count?

they wiped out that one and the one at umass. it came out that camby was getting paid and at memphis, somebody took derrick rose's SAT for him. technically, cal has never been to a final four
  • radaman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    they wiped out that one and the one at umass. it came out that camby was getting paid and at memphis, somebody took derrick rose's SAT for him. technically, cal has never been to a final four

Ahhhhh I get it... Lol... The checkbook thing is representing him "paying" players right?

I'm slow as hell tonight...
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ahhhhh I get it... Lol... The checkbook thing is representing him "paying" players right?

I'm slow as hell tonight...

haha I was bout to say
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    damn wall to the nets maybe??

smh its a grave yard there
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm calling it right now 3 out of the 5 will be busts in the NBA....
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i think cousins will be a bust
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Come on dude, no one is forcing them. lol Then why did the NBA create the 19 year old or one year of college ball rule, lets not play dumb here. They didn't create that ? for mfs to go over seas, or guys to sit out till they turn 19. Wtf do you learn in the one year of college that's gonna make you that much better in the NBA, not a ? damn thing. Plus the NBA knows most kids don't want to go overseas for that one year. The only reason why Stern created that rule is to help out the NCAA game, help owners eveluate talent,etc.

just use the nfl rule...you must be outta high school for at least 3 yrs before you can enter the draft..simply as that... that way players have 3 yrs to fix the holes in there game and it gives the scouts a bigger body of work to look at, at it will save nba teams money by drafting less players that are likey to be nba bust
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    not surprised. kentucky lost.
  • jiffy_mix
    jiffy_mix Members Posts: 142
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It was sad to see it happen but I think a lot of guys made their decision after they saw Desean Butler get hurt. I know they were thinking why stick around if we can leave now. I remember a while back it was a thread on here talking about how Sam Bradford should've left after his Heisman trophy season.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn, I didn't expect all 5 of them to declare. Especially not bledsoe and orton. Bledsoe needs a jumpshot if he's going to survive in the nba.

And I think the 2 year rule is ? , hell I thought the 1 year rule was ? . But it's a business and the nba is trying to limit the bust rate.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Louisville>>Kentucky

fiction...
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited April 2010
    Options
    As much as I hate Kentucky and especcially Calipari. To me the guy is as crooked as it gets. However, hes gonna be stacked next year with another round of 1 and dones. He also can goto any recuit and say "I sent half my team to the draft last year"
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    UK commit and 5 star center Enes Kanter broke the Nike Hoop Summit scoring record today with 34 points, along with 13 rebounds in only 24 minutes of play. Kanter made news by turning down a multi-million dollar offer from a professional Turkish club to maintain his amateur status and sign with the Cats.

We might get Brandon Knight and Josh Selby, the #1 and #4 ranked players of their class according to Rivals. I told yall, the Cats will be fine
  • radaman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    UK commit and 5 star center Enes Kanter broke the Nike Hoop Summit scoring record today with 34 points, along with 13 rebounds in only 24 minutes of play. Kanter made news by turning down a multi-million dollar offer from a professional Turkish club to maintain his amateur status and sign with the Cats.

We might get Brandon Knight and Josh Selby, the #1 and #4 ranked players of their class according to Rivals. I told yall, the Cats will be fine

seriously, what is Cal tellin these kids? or is it somethin else? hmmm
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    seriously, what is Cal tellin these kids? or is it somethin else? hmmm

he's telling them what they want to hear: damn an education you'll never use, i can make you a millionaire next year. rose, evans, CDR, wall, cousins, etc are doing all the recruiting for him
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    basically he's selling hopes and dreams.... in most cases its a sure thing
  • radaman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    he's telling them what they want to hear: damn an education you'll never use, i can make you a millionaire next year. rose, evans, CDR, wall, cousins, etc are doing all the recruiting for him

oh.... i'd love to be a fly on the wall at one of his visits... nh
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    uppin for rivals #1 ranked player brandon knight signing with the cats
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    uppin for rivals #1 ranked player brandon knight signing with the cats

Thats a big deal man. Not as athletic as Wall, but is a solid Solid Playmaker. Doubt Selby will come not, But Calapari is a freaking Jedi when it comes to getting this kids to commit.

The bigger deal though is getting Gilchrist to commit this early for 2011. Dude is going to be a freaking beast, Calapari does it again.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »

Thats a big deal man. Not as athletic as Wall, but is a solid Solid Playmaker. Doubt Selby will come not, But Calapari is a freaking Jedi when it comes to getting this kids to commit.

The bigger deal though is getting Gilchrist to commit this early for 2011. Dude is going to be a freaking beast, Calapari does it again.

yea, idk if selby comes now after seeing how bledsoe had to take a backseat to wall last year, but im still hopeful. im still thinking we can get terrance jones and/or cj leslie. now that everybody left, i want us to go fab 5 style.

im gonna have to do some research on gilchrist. ive heard good things and i know he's next years top recruit but i havent seen any footage on him
  • Petey Pablo
    Petey Pablo Members Posts: 27
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yea, idk if selby comes now after seeing how bledsoe had to take a backseat to wall last year, but im still hopeful. im still thinking we can get terrance jones and/or cj leslie. now that everybody left, i want us to go fab 5 style.

im gonna have to do some research on gilchrist. ive heard good things and i know he's next years top recruit but i havent seen any footage on him

I would bet money that CJ Leslie will sign with Kentucky. He and John Wall are good friends and went to the same high school together.He was smart to decommit from NC State
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    uppin yet again for Doron Lamb, 5 star SG out of Oak Hill signing with the cats

http://dimemag.com/2010/04/breaking-news-doron-lamb-headed-to-kentucky/

brandon knight
    doron lamb
    stacey poole

enes kanter

we need a 4 and we're set. hopefully terrence jones or cj leslie makes it official

next years top PG marquis teague is set to announce next week. its either between us or lousiville. a gilchrist-teague duo will be nasty
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    he's announcing tomorrow, but you heard it here first: next years top PG, and Rivals #2 overall player marquis teague will sign with the cats