The Bay of Pigs Invasion: Dallas Cowboys vs Washington Redskins NFC East Championship Game

Options

Comments

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Giants fans will be rooting for the redskins if vikings and bears lose sunday that would be their last chance of getting in as a wildcard
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Giants fans will be rooting for the redskins if vikings and bears lose sunday that would be their last chance of getting in as a wildcard

We won't be rooting for anybody if we can't get our ? together.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    This thread was nonexistant because this is the first time in a minute where the redskins were actually playoff contenders/not bottom dwellers of the nfc east.

No one gives a ? about em.

Crazy how ONE draft pick (well, two) basically has the redskins trading places with the Eagles.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    This thread was nonexistant because this is the first time in a minute where the redskins were actually playoff contenders/not bottom dwellers of the nfc east.

No one gives a ? about em.

Crazy how ONE draft pick (well, two) basically has the redskins trading places with the Eagles.

Word to my post in the "How far away is your team" thread. EVERY team in the league is filled with former college stars, top draft picks, fast ? , strong ? , etc.

The difference is coaching, matchups, and players that fit certain styles. It also helps for certain teams in the division to choke and fall beneath expectations (i.e. eagles).

• dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    Yeah im not buying the hate for the falcons.. theres a big difference between hate and criticism

Oh, I get it. So saying something negative about a team that's under. 500 in the last 3 years combined is just "hate".

But saying something negative about a team that's won more games than any other team in the league in the last 5 seasons is "honest, unbiased criticism"?

Here, here.

tumblr_lztwuyXS5d1r8zzvio2_400.gif

We get our fair share of criticism no doubt..but you know people flat out hate the cowboys.. a whole lot more than the falcons.. ? just dont believe in yall
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know I don't believe in the Falcons...
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    I know I don't believe in the Cowboys...

Co-sign

• greenwood1921
    Options
    Yeah im not buying the hate for the falcons.. theres a big difference between hate and criticism

Oh, I get it. So saying something negative about a team that's under. 500 in the last 3 years combined is just "hate".

But saying something negative about a team that's won more games than any other team in the league in the last 5 seasons is "honest, unbiased criticism"?

Here, here.

tumblr_lztwuyXS5d1r8zzvio2_400.gif

We get our fair share of criticism no doubt..but you know people flat out hate the cowboys.. a whole lot more than the falcons.. ? just dont believe in yall

And who "believes" in the cowboys?

You actin' like the Falcons and the Cowboys are both 13-2 and the Cowboys have blown everybody out by 3 touchdowns or more. foh. No. The cowboys have become a perennial over-hyped slightly below average team who is 22-25 in the last 3 seasons.

I gives no ? about who "believes" in my team outside of myself and the players and coaches on the team. This ain't college football. What people "believe" don't mean ? when the ball is kicked off.

People just tired of hearing about a team year in and year out just to see them hover around .500 and miss the playoffs with a soap-opera playing in the background.

That ain't "hate" as much as it is irritation.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    When ? actively, routinely, root against the cowboys, when they have no stake in the game at all, thats hate.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    When ? actively, routinely, root against the cowboys, when they have no stake in the game at all, thats hate.

That's necessary when you talking division rivals tho. Outside of giants, eagle, and skins fans, you don't really see that.

The cowboys used to irritate me back in the 90s because I grew up around so many fans (some real some bandwagon) and they're always one of 3 or 4 teams you hear about on TV *all the time* regardless of how good they are.

Nowadays, nobody really cares. This thread and game is hyped up because of the stakes and the rivalry.

• dbrazil412
    Options
    Nobody believes in the falcons cause yall always have good regular seasons, and fall flat on yall faces come playoff time. All the weapons yall have on offense, and yall get shut out by the giants, then actually have a home game against green bay, and give up 48.. what gives anybody any reason to believe in yall in January? Same is said about the cowboys in December.. until either team proves otherwise, they will both continue to be the biggest underachivers in the game
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I know is there shall be no excuses after tomorrow.

If we were to come up short I will have none. I hope y'all are the same because y'all the Undisputed Kings of excuses.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Nobody believes in the falcons cause yall always have good regular seasons, and fall flat on yall faces come playoff time. All the weapons yall have on offense, and yall get shut out by the giants, then actually have a home game against green bay, and give up 48.. what gives anybody any reason to believe in yall in January? Same is said about the cowboys in December.. until either team proves otherwise, they will both continue to be the biggest underachivers in the game

I remember last month you didn't "believe" either...

oops_1.jpg

^^^ How did that work out for your belief system? Mr. "Romo is unstoppable in November" man?

And december and january are two different worlds. You sittin' here sounding like a homeless man talking ? to Mitt Romney.

"I lawst my house, my whole family, and my last 3 teeth, and you lawst the last 3 presidential elections... See, we in the same boat!"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYLSMzTGYBB9dW4rjpZRJyk-vw1BHpO6nnzP1SrWay2YVNaKq9OQ

Um... No.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The BDB wrote: »

If we were to come up short I will have none. I hope y'all are the same because y'all the Undisputed Kings of excuses.

I'll be here tomorrow... And more is on the line for us than yall because yall season was supposed to be over when yall was 3-6... If yall lose it will be a low key moral victory... For us its more put up or shut up this season... Your team will only get better while our team only have a couple of more years of Romo prime...

So us winning or losing will mean more to us than your team... Sad to say but we hit our ceiling.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    The BDB wrote: »

I'll be here tomorrow... And more is on the line for us than yall because yall season was supposed to be over when yall was 3-6... If yall lose it will be a low key moral victory... For us its more put up or shut up this season... Your team will only get better while our team only have a couple of more years of Romo prime...

So us winning or losing will mean more to us than your team... Sad to say but we hit our ceiling.

Romo is just 32 man..he didn't start playing till he was 25 maybe got some more years man..he still progressing
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deadskins not even gonna score 30 this game.

Y'all hyping these ? up... I sware they overrated
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Deadskins not even gonna score 30 this game.

Y'all hyping these ? up... I sware they overrated

*swear

Proof of this overratedness? Last time I checked we were 5th in yards per game and 4th in points per game in the LEAGUE.
  • dbrazil412
    Options

oops_1.jpg

^^^ How did that work out for your belief system? Mr. "Romo is unstoppable in November" man?

And december and january are two different worlds. You sittin' here sounding like a homeless man talking ? to Mitt Romney.

"I lawst my house, my whole family, and my last 3 teeth, and you lawst the last 3 presidential elections... See, we in the same boat!"

Um... No.

To me they are not that different.. dont we all play to get to that first sunday in February? Is it really that different of us failing in the last week of December, when yall fall short in early January?
  • dbrazil412
    Options
    Face it greenwood, the falcons are underachievers... even we have a playoff win in the last few years. Do yall?
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    Face it greenwood, the falcons are underachievers... even we have a playoff win in the last few years. Do yall?

Lol at underachivers. Which one of those years would you say the falcons were super bowl contenders??

2008-No
    2011- No

Only in 2010 can you say the falcons didn't reach expectations. And even that team had serious flaws that were exposed.
  • greenwood1921
    Options

oops_1.jpg

Um... No.

To me they are not that different.. dont we all play to get to that first sunday in February? Is it really that different of us failing in the last week of December, when yall fall short in early January?

As I've said time and again... it ain't the same bruh. Nice try. We all wanna make as much money as we can, but that don't mean that me and Diddy are the "same" just 'cause neither of us is the richest man in the world or even close to it.

There's a reason why only certain teams get to go to the playoffs. If you can't prove you're a top team in 16 games, why should the league allow you to prove it in 4 or 5?

By your measure, there are 28 "losing teams" in the league every year that are all on the same level. That's ? . That's I why I used the Mitt Romney/Homeless man analogy.

Some fail on the brightest, biggest stages in front of the world....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGLvhazYSmcdWVJOfMIaZeLNYJG5DvgpkuPaWOziPfnohJdrAY

Others fail in the shadows where nobody knows or cares what happened...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCDHs1J41vJnCpeHMQa4OIi0jMaAYx2-XZ5V5tlU7Yi6amYvgD

Keep acting like they're both "the same" if you want to. Good luck in life.
  • greenwood1921
    Options

No you don't. Few means three. Last "three seasons"...

2012 8-7

2011 8-8

2010 6-10

Just face it, the cowboys are dangerously approaching their 3rd straight below-average, playoff-less season.

And if you wanna play the "regular season don't matter, it's all about the playoffs" card - cool - I just got two questions...

1. Why are y'all talking ? to Skins fans in this thread about a (drumroll please) REGULAR season game if it don't matter?

2. Why talk about the playoffs at all when your team hasn't been there in multiple years?
  • dbrazil412
    Options
    Aw caught me slippin on a play with words..almost thought you were better than that... almost
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The calm before the storm.....
  • Livefromclayco
    Options