MJD> Bush
    R.Mendenhall> Bush
    Thomas Jones>Bush
    S.Greene>Bush
    Frank Gore> Bush
    Jamal Charles>Bush
    M.Barber>Bush
    Felix Jones>Bush

Soo how is Dude NOT A BUST and he was the Number 2 Overall Pick but Cant even ? That List...
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Even Tony Dungy said he would take Sproles over Bush.
    You're talking about a #2 pick vs a guy who was picked 134th overall and is 5'4 tall.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/18/tony-dungy-would-take-darren-sproles-over-reggie-bush/

lmao....didn't know Dungy was ? .....i can see where his opinion makes sense but that doesnt necessacrily mean Reggie Bush is a bust.....
  • mike06
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so looking back at all these comments....he's considered a bust b/c of his draft position?...that i can agree with...his production(or lack thereof) doesn't equate to the draft postion but he still contributes to the team's success....did he single handedly carry the Saints to the promise land like a #2 should....no.....did he contribute more than a little bit...of course...and he has not gotten worse year after year.....and wouldn't the pass happy system he's in along with the All Pro QB he has be any type of reason to him not getting the carries and yards he needs to jusitfy his #2 draft spot?
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    lmao....didn't know Dungy was ? .....i can see where his opinion makes sense but that doesnt necessacrily mean Reggie Bush is a bust.....

He's not ? but he's as informed as anyone on the topic.

Bush is already on all-time Bust lists, from people who do this for a living.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well I enjoy the bust Reggie Bush roasting ATL twice a year.
  • mike06
    edited April 2010
    Options
    whooooooooooooa wait a second.....Mario Williams only had two season with 10 or more sacks....and his first year he had 4.5....AND HE WAS THE #1 PICK.....how is that not a bust considering the Texans havent gone anywhere since he's gotten there?
  • mike06
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He knows talent.
    He's coached and won at the highest level.
    He's coached against both players.

He's not ? but he's as informed as anyone on making these decisions. And it shows that people in the know (league) also think dude is overrated.

lmao....ok
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    whooooooooooooa wait a second.....Mario Williams only had two season with 10 or more sacks....and his first year he had 4.5....AND HE WAS THE #1 PICK.....how is that not a bust considering the Texans havent gone anywhere since he's gotten there?

You just need to Log out, You sayin' Dumb ? ...
  • mike06
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hooooooold up....VY threw 13 INT's to 12 TD's his first year followed by 17 to 9 in 07...2 to 1(where he got benched) in 08 and last year for the first time in his CAREER threw more TD's than INT's(10 to 7) is still a sub 60% passer and he's not a bust?

lmaooo....what ? rules are ya'll playin by?
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so looking back at all these comments....he's considered a bust b/c of his draft position?...that i can agree with...his production(or lack thereof) doesn't equate to the draft postion but he still contributes to the team's success....did he single handedly carry the Saints to the promise land like a #2 should....no.....did he contribute more than a little bit...of course...and he has not gotten worse year after year.....

and wouldn't the pass happy system he's in along with the All Pro QB he has be any type of reason to him not getting the carries and yards he needs to jusitfy his #2 draft spot?

His total rushing yds have gone down the last 3 years. He's only played 4.

Also, his carries and yards went to two undrafted free agent RBs. So that has more to do with it than Drew Brees.
  • mike06
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You just need to Log out, You sayin' Dumb ? ...

lmao....u first

it's all opinions ?
  • mike06
    edited April 2010
    Options

can't that be contributed to the system he's playing in along with Brees playin out of his mind.....

lets be clear IM NOT SAYING REGGIE BUSH HAS PLAYED UP TO HIS EXPECTATIONS.....he hasnt put up the numbers he was expected to I get it....my main point is he is still contributing to his teams success, be it a run here, a catch here, or a TD return.....that is not a bust by a long shot...you put him in the same box as kwame brown when we both know kwame aint do ? his ENTIRE nba career....really what did he do other than ? Mike and Kobe off and go cry about it? Reggie still has the years to get better and become the back everyone wants him to be but he's not a bust...Payton wouldn't use him at all if that was the case....
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    can't that be contributed to the system he's playing in along with Brees playin out of his mind.....

The fastest show on turf didn't hurt Marshall Faulk.

Last season in the same offense Pierre Thomas(undrafted RB) ran for 800yds after sharing the backfield with Bush and Bell...along with missing 3 games.

So no, I wouldn't contribute it to that.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

That excuse void homie. Unless you're as pass happy as say, the Eagles, most RBs benefit from pass happy schemes. It keeps Safties and a linebacker or two from breathing down their neck. Just ask Joseph Addia or any Brady era Pats running back.

Besides, the Saints blew out hella teams. These ? be up 30 bleeding the clock at halftime and ? . The Saint's system has given bush every chance to succeed. The game is never on his shoulders. I know Steven Jackson and Chris Johnson would ? to play for the Saints.
    e hasnt put up the numbers he was expected to I get it....my main point is he is still contributing to his teams success, be it a run here, a catch here, or a TD return.....that is not a bust by a long shot...

Being a #2 overall should contribute more than "a lil somethin here or there". ? you could call Tedd Ginn Jr. good with that logic.

"I mean, Ryan Leaf isn't that bad, you act like the ? ain't ever throw a touchdown"
    hooooooold up....VY threw 13 INT's to 12 TD's his first year followed by 17 to 9 in 07...2 to 1(where he got benched) in 08 and last year for the first time in his CAREER threw more TD's than INT's(10 to 7) is still a sub 60% passer and he's not a bust?

lmaooo....what ? rules are ya'll playin by?

Vince Young is a bust.

? just forgive him because somehow he pull out wins.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

Reggie got hurt in 08 and was out part of the season, and was recovering the first half of the 09 season. Years before that Deuce was the main back.

Also Reggie is not a every down bruiser, he is a weapon and Sean Payton uses him in certain situations. Dont pay attention to the total yards check out the yards per carry.
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Reggie got hurt in 08 and was out part of the season, and was recovering the first half of the 09 season. Years before that Deuce was the main back.

Also Reggie is not a every down bruiser, he is a weapon and Sean Payton uses him in certain situations. Dont pay attention to the total yards check out the yards per carry.

And every year of his career except one (last season) he's averaged about 3.5 ypc.
  • mike06
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That excuse void homie. Unless you're as pass happy as say, the Eagles, most RBs benefit from pass happy schemes. It keeps Safties and a linebacker or two from breathing down their neck. Just ask Joseph Addia or any Brady era Pats running back.

Besides, the Saints blew out hella teams. These ? be up 30 bleeding the clock at halftime and ? . The Saint's system has given bush every chance to succeed. The game is never on his shoulders. I know Steven Jackson and Chris Johnson would ? to play for the Saints.

Being a #2 overall should contribute more than "a lil somethin here or there". ? you could call Tedd Ginn Jr. good with that logic.
    "I mean, Ryan Leaf isn't that bad, you act like the ? ain't ever throw a touchdown"

Vince Young is a bust.

good point and i said i understood that...i think the fact that Ginn got traded and demoted shows he was more of a bust than Bush(he still has value)....yet both have room to improve....i mean what if they both have great seasons this year....will that get them out of the bust catagory?
  • Meet The Sniper
    edited April 2010
    Options

Reggie gets hurt every year, that's no pass. Plus he got majority carries in 07, Duece got hurt.

Yards per carry shouldn't be counted if you don't have every down back carries. The years he had 100+ carries he was mediocre at best. Don't try to ? this ? .
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

Vince Young is a bust.

So if he was putting up brees stats, but his teams were losing constantly....he wouldn't be a bust?
    Logic is off there.
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Adrian peterson > Bush
    Steven Jackson > Bush
    Chris Johnson> Bush
    Pierre Thomas > Bush
    Ronnie Brown> Bush
    Ricky Williams> Bush
    Cedric Benson> Bush
    Ray Rice> Bush
    Addai> Bush
    M.Turner> Bush
    Deangelo Williams > Bush
    J.Stewart> Bush
    MJD> Bush
    R.Mendenhall> Bush
    Thomas Jones>Bush
    S.Greene>Bush
    Frank Gore> Bush
    Jamal Charles>Bush
    M.Barber>Bush
    Felix Jones>Bush

Soo how is Dude NOT A BUST and he was the Number 2 Overall Pick but Cant even ? That List...

this post is sprinkled with Ether... cot damn
  • Meet The Sniper
    edited April 2010
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    So if he was putting up brees stats, but his teams were losing constantly....he wouldn't be a bust?
    Logic is off there.

? the words "Vince Young is a bust" was directly above that. He does suck I agree, he just pulls wins from his ass so people started tolerating it.
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That ? a bust.....he was the number 2 pick....he should be a starter...