So does Guru being a ? tarnish his legacy?

Options

Comments

• tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    word....if you look at everyone that has come out of the closet over the past how ever many years, not one of them would you say "wow really? he/she is ? ?", elton john, freddie mercury, kanye(yeh i know it aint confirmed) etc, them guys all showed signs of fruitiness, like we all knew it was just a matter of time before they claimd the title of ? -bandits, but gurus rumours came out a lil left field, and only came whe his illness arose....before that, the words "guru" and "? " were never even mentioned in the same sentance.....please people see sense ad see that this is all BS

Folks is being, (Dare i say it, I hate the ? WOrd) Homophobic................aint Nobody said b4 dude was ? ............and Now, all of a sudden he is??? makes know Sense. Now the Relationship they kinda had is Weird, but a parasitc kinda Weird, Not ? though..........like i said b4, i tyhink Solar Was trynna manipulated the Situation
  • jjswipe
    jjswipe Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This whole situation reeked of faggotry and battiness from when he first fell into a coma. No straight ? that i know has a best friend, homeboy, or ace that can prevent his whole family from seeing him if he was ever hospitalized. Only spiteful wives or money hungry husbands do that type ? . So i knew something wasn't right when guru's family was screaming about solar not letting them see guru. How long had they even been working together anyway? Cuz it is real weird for grown ass men to become so close as friends in such a short time, that one friend has executive power and control over the other one's life and business. But anyway, it doesn't tarnish guru's legacy in regards to gangstaar, cuz like someone said, u didn't hear any ? ? in any of the songs. But it will definetly tarnish and put scrutiny in any work guru did with solar
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn so hold up Guru was really ? ???
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn so hold up Guru was really ? ???

na all of thats is ? speculating on the IC..........
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    word....if you look at everyone that has come out of the closet over the past how ever many years, not one of them would you say "wow really? he/she is ? ?", elton john, freddie mercury, kanye(yeh i know it aint confirmed) etc, them guys all showed signs of fruitiness, like we all knew it was just a matter of time before they claimd the title of ? -bandits, but gurus rumours came out a lil left field, and only came whe his illness arose....before that, the words "guru" and "? " were never even mentioned in the same sentance.....please people see sense ad see that this is all BS

Um i was pretty ? shocked when i heard Rob Halford lead singer of Judas Preist was ?
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jjswipe wrote: »
    This whole situation reeked of faggotry and battiness from when he first fell into a coma. No straight ? that i know has a best friend, homeboy, or ace that can prevent someone's whole family from seeing him if he was ever hospitalized. Only spiteful wives or money hungry husbands to that type ? . So i knew something wasn't right when guru's family was screaming about solar not letting them see guru. How long had they even been working together anyway? Cuz it is real wierd for grown ass men to be so close as friends in such a short time. But anyway, it doesn't tarnish guru's legacy in regars to gangstaar, cuz like someone said, u didn't hear any ? ? in any of the songs. But it will definetly tarnish and put scrutiny in any work guru did with solar

tru............but wasnt he beeifn with the Family????
  • Mr.Wezzinton
    Mr.Wezzinton Members Posts: 182
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It's pretty clear Solar and Guru were in a relationship. Does this take away from the amazing catalog of Gang Starr and Jazzmatazz series?

what the men did in their own time is their own biddness ya mean?
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    joseph sun wrote: »
    I never got into gangstar so I wouldnt care if he was ? .

This almost, I never got into them but it would explain a whole lot of ? on why I never did...
  • jjswipe
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    tru............but wasnt he beeifn with the family????

to be honest, i have no idea. But even then, wasn't he married? Doesn't he have a son? I don't know guru's family breakdown, but i highly doubt that after the prosperous life he lived, solar would/could be the only person in his life. I want everyone to know that i am writing this, without know any facts on whether he was a ? or not, i'm just speaking on how the ? looks
  • jjswipe
    edited April 2010
    Options
    this almost, i never got into them but it would explain a whole lot of ? on why i never did...

lol. Real talk
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    to be honest, i have no idea. But even then, wasn't he married? Doesn't he have a son? I don't know guru's family breakdown, but i highly doubt that after the prosperous life he lived, solar would/could be the only person in his life. I want everyone to know that i am writing this, without know any facts on whether he was a ? or not, i'm just speaking on how the ? looks

He has a kid.................And Im looking at the ? , it look Like Solar mighta got this ? for Money............I dont see this ? being ? though......
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    He has a kid.................And Im looking at the ? , it look Like Solar mighta got this ? for Money............I dont see this ? being ? though......

Here is the thing on the Devils Advocate Tip, There are plenty of whte dudes in the media or politics in the same age group with Kids that come out as homos around this age or get caught up and exposed for their secret life. A kid or 2 does not mean anything other then the fact he would hit any whole male or female= Bifag. I am not saying this is the case here or not but if it is then there are other including his family and or past close associates that most likely already know and keep this ? on the hush out of fear of damaging his legacy and their own...
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The real question that should be answered is "is Lil Wayne ? " ???
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Here is the thing on the Devils Advocate Tip, There are plenty of whte dudes in the media or politics in the same age group with Kids that come out as homos around this age or get caught up and exposed for their secret life. A kid or 2 does not mean anything other then the fact he would hit any whole male or female= Bifag. I am not saying this is the case here or not but if it is then there are other including his family and or past close associates that most likely already know and keep this ? on the hush out of fear of damaging his legacy and their own...

tru...................
  • chuckyw2010
    chuckyw2010 Members Posts: 5
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Man let Guru be in peace. Appreciate him for what he gave. man it is a lot of punks in the industry and in your hood too. Nobdy knows what happen with these guys. You can love you friend as a brother. I think even Guru alluded to the fact that their partnership was built on plain old love. Homie don't back stab him and vice is versa. So celebrate that man for what he gave you. I mean the person you love....do you really know them? Or you just hope you do. Sometimes ppl don't mess with their families no more because it worser than what your enemy does.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The real question that should be answered is "is Lil Wayne ? " ???

curious ? post i see
  • brombonze
    brombonze Members Posts: 406
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if everybody posting here is str8, why are u concerned with a dudes sexuality?
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Smh word can't even lie I'm pretty disappointed premiere is from houston...I was hopin nobody was gon catch that lil piece of info once I read it ...smh damn he WAS new york hip hop in the 90s

I thought him being from TX was common (hip hop) knowledge. Guess not.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I thought about this for awhile and I was in the 'GURU was ? ' camp, but something just didn't sit right with me and my homeboy hit me with a different angle in all of this.

FIrst of all, don't think GURU was ? , straight up. What if Solar had GURU brainwashed on some Svengali type ? . It's completely possible, it's like when Lauryn Hill had that religious dude with her during her crazy period. Basically a Svengali is a person who, with evil intent, tries to persuade another to do what is desired: "a crafty Svengali who lures talented people with grand promises yet gives them little lasting operational authority". I think this could apply to GURU's situation.

Sad man, just sad.
  • great l
    great l Members Posts: 393
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Whether he was ? or not, thw whole situation is just suspect as fucc. THe amount of control Solar had over his life and their excessive use of the word "partner" just gives more credence to the notion that he infact was ? .
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This whole situation is messed up and the only person alive who knows the real truth is Solar. I only want to find out the truth cause it looks like Solar's got something to hide. 1. He wouldn't let Guru's family visit him in the hospital. 2. He created a fake letter of Guru's last dying words. 3. He had Guru cremated. These are signs of someone with something to hide. Cremated??.....Sounds like burning evidence to me. I understand why people here just want the truth. I've supported Gangstarr from the beginning of their career to the tragic end. And whats bothering me is that Guru's character is in question. I've listened to Guru's lyrics over the years and what I got is he represented a strong minded man who couldn't be played or manipulated by others. But along the way, he lost sight of that and fell victim to poison elements. Now in the end (since Gurus' no longer with us to speak for himself), he looks like a weak feeble minded man. I only want the truth, but if the truth is never found out, we'll have to just appreciate the Gangstarr movement for what it was and move on.
  • McVit
    McVit Members Posts: 189
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • EnglishW
    EnglishW Members Posts: 65
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I dnt mean to be disrespectful,

But does Guru's death increase his repuation?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Look, Gang Starr is 2nd only to NWA and PE in my book....

that said, its obvious that Solar either A) had Guru brainwashed on some cult leader ish, or B) was his ? lover......dude didn't even let Guru's family see the body before cremating him.

I mean, ya'll see the month old post on DJ Premier's blog?

"Solar always told Guru that his old friends hate him and that he is nobody without him."

"Solar claims to have saved Guru from alcohol abuse."

"Every journalist that would like to take an interview with Guru is firstly asked not to question about Gang Starr or DJ Premier. Solar always has to sit next to Guru (even with a phone interview). If you watch some interviews of them you can see how Solar likes to interrupt Guru to say it better. I once heard an interview when he got mad (because of DJ Premier) and asked the interviewer ‘what the deal is’. Guru didn’t move a bit."

"When a girl shows interest in Guru she firstly needs to be approved by Solar, which led Guru with no girls most of the times. When you ask him about it, Guru always replies: ‘Solar is helping me to be disciplined, I need that’." (WTF??)

"Solar was thinking about a new Gang Starr album, probably without DJ premier."

http://www.djpremierblog.com/2010/03/11/the-man-who-calls-himself-a-superproducer/

This gif was floatin around on Hip-Hop sites a year ago...

gngstr.gif

So I gotta ask....if Guru wasn't ? , is it BETTER that he let some clown ? control every aspect of his life?
  • Pelly Adams
    Pelly Adams Members Posts: 52
    edited April 2010
    Options
    don't care about a rapper's personal life...only time i ever bring up a rapper's personal life is when i'm dissing them to their fans, i love to see fans get all mad and catch feelings over people they don't know.

it's sad when you say, "your momma sucks more ? than lil wayne" and they get mad and call you a hater cuz wayne makes more money...smh...

anyways, it's sad what happen to guru and all the info of him being ? or brainwashed by another man doesn't stop me from jamming his music cuz if you pay attention, it's a moment of truth.