Offical ? of War Thread

Options

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    shizza wrote: »
    damn the end to this trilogy was so cheecks its not even funny.. Like how tha ? cud them ? end it like that

Had to end it the way it was written......anti-climactic, yes, but couldn't change the ending to please people. It is what it is
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    thought the hardest difficulty was chaos?

It is chaos, you gotta beat Titan mode first then it opens up Chaos
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    I remember that storyline as an extra in part 1. Thought part 2 was supposed to be about his brother. So far, we've seen Perseus and Hercules, but nothing about this brother.

Ahh, yes his brother. I forgot about that dude. Didn't he have something to do with the underworld? He was like a devil or something I thought.
  • suicideltc
    suicideltc Members Posts: 48
    edited April 2010
    Options
    why is this thread Stickied may i ask?
  • shizza
    shizza Members Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    suicideltc wrote: »

^^ this rite here...

Like ppl dont realize how mad i am about the ending of the game.. like aint no way ive been waiting like 3 years for that.
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Ahh, yes his brother. I forgot about that dude. Didn't he have something to do with the underworld? He was like a devil or something I thought.

I think he was killed in some battle and was seeking vengeance from the underworld on Kratos for not being there
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    shizza wrote: »
    ^^ this rite here...

Like ppl dont realize how mad i am about the ending of the game.. like aint no way ive been waiting like 3 years for that.

Thats the way the story was written. I knew what to expect from reading up on it, but the gameplay was worth it.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Thats the way the story was written. I knew what to expect from reading up on it, but the gameplay was worth it.

Seriously. can you expect the backlash if Kratos would have taken the girl, ran away and became a farmer or something? LOL. They said the story woudl explain why there are no longer any gods or tales of them. It did that just fine, and even threw in a nice little left wing message of hope along wth it.
  • shizza
    shizza Members Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    oh no doubt the game was the shyyt, best game i ever played
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options

Because, it's ? of War AND also so theres not like 50+ threads on the topic. WTF do you ask that for?
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    my ? ...chaos is no joke.
  • suicideltc
    suicideltc Members Posts: 48
    edited April 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Because, it's ? of War AND also so theres not like 50+ threads on the topic. WTF do you ask that for?

Exactly why no body comes to this board anymore, this is pure fanboyism wheres the MASS EFFECT 2 Stick or FF13
  • earth two superman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Exactly why no body comes to this board anymore, this is pure fanboyism wheres the MASS EFFECT 2 Stick or FF13

sad to say, no one here was anticipating those games like they were GOW3.
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options

So what's stopping anyone from making those threads? See, the majority of people on here ? with the PS3. There's the handful that have the 360 or just have both. ME2 for 360 fans was pretty big. Me personally, I don't see the big deal in most 360 exclusives. I feel they lack in gfx most of the time and in game play/story line.

FF13, uh, just ain't the ? anymore like it was back in the day. I mean, its #13. Not my type of game, but I will say gfx are extremely nice and it doesn't look like a bad game but for it being on 13 I just feel the FF hype has just slowly died out. There's better ? out, different things to finally look forward to.

SMH. 360 guys get their feelings hurt too easily.
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2010
    Options

Maybe the ME2 and FFXIII fans didn't request one. There were so many threads popping up daily on GOW3 that one official thread was stickied and all others merged. Checkthe ME2 and FFXIII Threads and see how many replies there were compared to this one.
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yeah ME2 didnt get too many replies but i blame the fact there is a bigger PS3 population. Since FFXIII wasnt an exclusive i think the only threads made for it were ones explaining why the PS3 port was going to be better. so honestly the this thread HAD to be stickied cuz of all the PS3 heads making a new thread every 5 min lol. dont you remember the uncharted 2 thread days? that ? was unbearable. i think VIBE attempted to make an unofficial one cuz it was getting waaaaay outta hand with the thread making.
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    zoomzoomp5 wrote: »
    yeah ME2 didnt get too many replies but i blame the fact there is a bigger PS3 population. Since FFXIII wasnt an exclusive i think the only threads made for it were ones explaining why the PS3 port was going to be better. so honestly the this thread HAD to be stickied cuz of all the PS3 heads making a new thread every 5 min lol. dont you remember the uncharted 2 thread days? that ? was unbearable. i think VIBE attempted to make an unofficial one cuz it was getting waaaaay outta hand with the thread making.

lol, you're not lying. You got lost if a few hours passed between checking the site. Especially when Infamous8 was making 3 threads a day on it.
  • earth two superman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    speaking of which, double XP points for uncharted this weekend. ima head back and see if i can somehow, someway get better at that game.
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    SMH @ me not buying it yet when school gets out I coping it immediately
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    trilogy drops tomorrow £50...not bad

bin waiting long enuf tbh
  • VIBE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    trilogy drops tomorrow £50...not bad

bin waiting long enuf tbh

Have you played it yet?
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Got 2 questions..

1. On GOW 3, how do i get my health & magic back to full after those monsters attack me in the river in the under world?
    2. My PS3 tries to download update data but it keeps showing an error..how do i fix this? thanks
  • darknight
    darknight Members Posts: 185
    edited May 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    Got 2 questions..

1. On GOW 3, how do i get my health & magic back to full after those monsters attack me in the river in the under world?
    2. My PS3 tries to download update data but it keeps showing an error..how do i fix this? thanks

Youre not suppsoed to automatically, you gradually collect phoenix feathers and gorgon eyes to boost your magic and heath
  • joshuaboy
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Want to see the new outfits for the Ghost of Sparta? We have them.

Seeing as how it became an instant PlayStation 3 classic the day it was released, it might be hard to believe that ? of War III actually came out this past spring. While it might be gathering dust on your bookshelf, Sony is giving you new reasons to pick up ? of War III -- six skins for Kratos that each come with their own gameplay tweaks. Four suits are on the PlayStation Store for all to buy; these are the Apollo, warrior, Morpheus and Phantom of Chaos skins that were previously only available via Slurpees and preorders. However, the other two skins are a bit harder to come by.

The big one is Deimos, a skin that is actually Kratos' brother and only available via ? of War: Ghost of Sparta on the PSP. The other is Dominus, which used to only be available via the Ultimate Edition, but now can be nabbed on the PlayStation Network by PlayStation Plus members.

Never needing a reason to eviscerate those foolish enough to cross Kratos, IGN jumped back into ? of War III to give you a taste of the exclusive re-skinned action.

Deimos is the most drastic change, as the outfit actually skins Kratos as a completely different character though cutscenes and voice work remain as the angry dude you know and love. Aside from rocking a beard and a burnt-up face, Deimos has a bunch of benefits. Playing as Kratos' bro, you'll find that health, magic and gold orbs are worth quadruple their normal value. Of course, playing with this skin disables Trophies, and that sucks, but the change is nice... although it's goofy to hear Kratos' voice come out of a Grizzly Adams look-alike when you start a new game.

Dominus is a well-protected version of Kratos. He's got shoulder pads, chest plate and more to keep him safe as he tears dudes in half and makes love to fine women. This is reflected in the suit's stats. If you play with the Dominus skin, you'll find that attacks do double damage while enemy attacks only do half of their normal damage. All orbs are worth double their value, but Trophies are disabled and the cutscenes pack standard, shirtless Kratos.

Have you been playing dress-up with Kratos? What do you think of the new duds? Let us know in the comments below.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1132602p1.html
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ghost of Sparta came out today :) Gonna have to cop it for a quick weekend play before black ops.