OFFICIAL New England Patriots are done

Options
KINGOFDAARCADE
KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
BB has lost it. Just picked a Special Teamer in the first round.

Keeps accumulating draft picks that wont even make the team or will be out of the NFL in a couple years.

6 DB's in the past few drafts and none of them have turned out decent except Meriweather.

and he still neglects the pass rush, so theyre stuck with Tully Banta Cain and I dont even know who else as there OLBs. They passed up on Clay Mathews last year too. They couldve traded up for Brandon Graham this year since they have so many 2nd rounders but instead traded down and got so no name scrub.

Jets will ? on them this year. Dolphins too.

Belichick has lost his touch.

Comments

• radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yo why are the Pats so cheap like this?
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It may seem that way, but for the longest times the Patriots have drafted ? and made diamonds so I dont think you can ever judge someone unless they play a couple seasons then still suck while Bill's coaching there. They may not always end up being a perennial pro bowler, but they usually end up being a starter and fit in amongst the team well enough to make it all click and work.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    as long as their offense is clicking and Brady stays healthy, they'll win 10 games regardless of defense.

i hate the pats, but its true
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Nickle and diming has caught up with them, they are pretty much rebuilding how.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Man im a Pats fan(my 2nd team) but they are cheap as hell. They stay passing up on talent and they stay trading pics to move back and they pic these scrubs. This plug and play ? catching up.........
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    Man im a Pats fan(my 2nd team) but they are cheap as hell. They stay passing up on talent and they stay trading pics to move back and they pic these scrubs. This plug and play ? catching up.........

lol ole musical chairs ass ? ...
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

same formula steelers have used....and both teams have had more success this decade than any other franchise
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    We will be fine I have faith in BB.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Im not a pats fans but they Picked a player the Jets were gonna get with 29 pick. McCourty is a better tackler, better in run support and better in Special Teams than Wilson. Wilson is slightly better in Coverage. Now the Pats couldve picked Kindle but IDK what there main needs were.

In fact the 2 players the Jets were Targeting McCourty and Odrick from Penn State were taken 27 and 28 by NE and Miami.
  • ya boi g
    edited April 2010
    Options
    radaman wrote: »
    lol ole musical chairs ass ? ...

lol... Man I was just mad last night. Not gonna jump ship but id like to see these ? get some big name talent for once. Dez seems like a cant miss and he was sitting there for them twice last night. I just knew they would pick him. Time to think about someone to replace Moss.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It may seem that way, but for the longest times the Patriots have drafted ? and made diamonds so I dont think you can ever judge someone unless they play a couple seasons then still suck while Bill's coaching there. They may not always end up being a perennial pro bowler, but they usually end up being a starter and fit in amongst the team well enough to make it all click and work.

? THAT.

Pats get way too much credit for this ? .

Let's look at there RECENT busts.

Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson (traded up to get him and passed on Greg Jennings), Terrence Wheatley, Shawn Crable, Ron Brace, etc etc etc..........

and where the ? is the pass rush? All these DBs are useless if the QB has 10 seconds without being harassed.

and lol@old ass WR's. Moss and Torry Holt. They passed on Dez Bryant. Does BB think Moss is gonna last forever? He's already breaking down physically
  • explicitx
    explicitx Members Posts: 88
    edited April 2010
    Options
    18-1 mu'fuckas. Love watching Bill Bellicheat lose.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    as long as their offense is clicking and Brady stays healthy, they'll win 10 games regardless of defense.

i hate the pats, but its true

Pretty much, they aint goin no where.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    same formula steelers have used....and both teams have had more success this decade than any other franchise

Thank you...dude claiming to be a pats fans and still screaming they cheap...were they cheap when they sign Wilfork to that big contract..also i'm not happy with the pic..but u need to use logic....their division just got rich with W.R.-also they still have to play manning..u can never have enough corners..and they have 3 sec around picks and now a 3 around pick and still the raiders number 1 for next year.....do u guys think or just post?
  • ghost!
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? THAT.

Pats get way too much credit for this ? .

Let's look at there RECENT busts.

Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson (traded up to get him and passed on Greg Jennings), Terrence Wheatley, Shawn Crable, Ron Brace, etc etc etc..........

and where the ? is the pass rush? All these DBs are useless if the QB has 10 seconds without being harassed.

and lol@old ass WR's. Moss and Torry Holt. They passed on Dez Bryant. Does BB think Moss is gonna last forever? He's already breaking down physically

3 second round picks, and a 3 and a fourth...can address those issues in those rounds......u going off of one round..i know i thought that too...but that's why they have 3 dayz for the draft..
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Pats got two good second rd picks with Spikes and Cunningham.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Pats has two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks in next years draft btw. But they might trade them ? 's too. LoL
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    The Pats has two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks in next years draft btw. But they might trade them ? 's too. LoL

Might? U know they are.

lol
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the pats had a good draft i dont know what the ? you are talking about, they wanted that tight end that the bengals picked before them and thats when they started trading down and picked up a 1st and fourth and eventually from the cowboys a 3rd, ended up traded up for that te that they like whose 6'6 but didnt play last year so not everyone knows about him after losing watson and baker its a position of need, and two linebackers from the gators who look real good, in the 3rd round we got a reciever and traded the other one for a 2nd rounder next year, now next year we got two first rounders and two 2nd rounders, the conerback we picked was the fastest player in the draft and with the dolphins getting marshall and jets bringing in holmes we need depth at the position, im not saying hes gonna be a shut down corner right away but the potential is there, same with butler our second pick last year, when we picked asanti samuel in the "3rd round" his first year he was nothing but a good nickelback, then eventually became one of the better cb's in the game, you ? fuckas are stupid you dont realize we just gave wilfork a big ass contract and have to extend brady for another 4-5 years next year, theres been some questionable moves im not gonna lie but for the most part it was a great draft for the pats and most of you dont have a clue what the ? you are talking about, and as long as brady is under center we have a better chance at winning another ring than the jets or dolphins no matter what moves they make
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the pats had a good draft i dont know what the ? you are talking about, they wanted that tight end that the bengals picked before them and thats when they started trading down and picked up a 1st and fourth and eventually from the cowboys a 3rd, ended up traded up for that te that they like whose 6'6 but didnt play last year so not everyone knows about him after losing watson and baker its a position of need, and two linebackers from the gators who look real good, in the 3rd round we got a reciever and traded the other one for a 2nd rounder next year, now next year we got two first rounders and two 2nd rounders, the conerback we picked was the fastest player in the draft and with the dolphins getting marshall and jets bringing in holmes we need depth at the position, im not saying hes gonna be a shut down corner right away but the potential is there, same with butler our second pick last year, when we picked asanti samuel in the "3rd round" his first year he was nothing but a good nickelback, then eventually became one of the better cb's in the game, you ? fuckas are stupid you dont realize we just gave wilfork a big ass contract and have to extend brady for another 4-5 years next year, theres been some questionable moves im not gonna lie but for the most part it was a great draft for the pats and most of you dont have a clue what the ? you are talking about, and as long as brady is under center we have a better chance at winning another ring than the jets or dolphins no matter what moves they make

Not reading that BS paragraph but the bolded got my attention. What makes you think that you have the best team in the division. Cause you have the best QB? I going to be honest, you offense doesn't scare me as a Jet fan anymore, we can D up on your old receivers and shut you down. Your team I believe is 3rd when it comes to personnel in the division now. The only adv. you guys has was you had the best QB and a smart defense, your defense is gone and you still have no running game. And LOL at you bringing up Wilfork that ? was nowhere to be found late in the season and in the playoffs.
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Pats just got one of the best TE in college football who was projected first round at one point in 4th rd.

Value pick but not sure they needed another TE.
  • ya boi g
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    Thank you...dude claiming to be a pats fans and still screaming they cheap...were they cheap when they sign Wilfork to that big contract..also i'm not happy with the pic..but u need to use logic....their division just got rich with W.R.-also they still have to play manning..u can never have enough corners..and they have 3 sec around picks and now a 3 around pick and still the raiders number 1 for next year.....do u guys think or just post?

Im claiming to be a Pat's fan? Ive been hollering about the Pat's in the Cheap Seats for years.... And ok they sign Wilfork to an extension so that means they spend money? They still be penny pinchin. As far as the corner back pic im not that mad at it, but I still think they should have taken a reciever and stopped trading back. Whats the point of aquiring all these first and second round pics if you stay trading back? Thery should have picked a reciever in the first round, they need one with Welker coming of a bad injury this year. But they went out and signed another old ass WR. They could have went reciever and still went CB in the second...... At least they got more LB's....
  • ghost!
    edited April 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    Not reading that BS paragraph but the bolded got my attention. What makes you think that you have the best team in the division. Cause you have the best QB? I going to be honest, you offense doesn't scare me as a Jet fan anymore, we can D up on your old receivers and shut you down. Your team I believe is 3rd when it comes to personnel in the division now. The only adv. you guys has was you had the best QB and a smart defense, your defense is gone and you still have no running game. And LOL at you bringing up Wilfork that ? was nowhere to be found late in the season and in the playoffs.

ahh don't you have to play the games...and so far to date the jets haven't won anything since 1963 (i think that was the date) and the pats won their division despite all the problems they had last year....we can start talking about what the jets got on paper...but u still have to play the games...u dont need to be scared of the pats offense...the jets need to worry about it..u aint on the field...and u have no idea what the pats offense is gonna look like...it's apr and u talking like we are in sept..
  • ghost!
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Im claiming to be a Pat's fan? Ive been hollering about the Pat's in the Cheap Seats for years.... And ok they sign Wilfork to an extension so that means they spend money? They still be penny pinchin. As far as the corner back pic im not that mad at it, but I still think they should have taken a reciever and stopped trading back. Whats the point of aquiring all these first and second round pics if you stay trading back? Thery should have picked a reciever in the first round, they need one with Welker coming of a bad injury this year. But they went out and signed another old ass WR. They could have went reciever and still went CB in the second...... At least they got more LB's....

U dont understand the point of trading up or down...they stock pale draft picks every year...they sign the players they need to sign...they didnt resign samuel one player....again and it's simple economcies...u dont just throw a whole bunch of cash to players w.o thinking about ur future and being that this team has basically own'd this decaded you have no grounds to stand on how they run their franchise...this aint the redskins (albert haynesworth)......maybe they didnt seen a WR that they liked-can we go back to the year everyone wanted the pats to draft WR and they pick'd up richard seymour...how did that turn out for them??? The pats never draft a W.R. in the first round..so why start now..and u must of forgot how well julian edelman play'd...?

and given the fact that they have stock pale a bunch of draft pics for next year and have the raiders number one pick next year, WHICH will have a rookie salary cap on it, meaning they dont have to pay a number #1 picks 50 mill anymore...they can and will address the next issue this season brings...and also chad johnson i think becomes a free agent next year...and that could be an option for the pats since c.johnson and billichick(sp) respects each other that much.....