Lupe Fiasco=Future G.O.A.T.??

Options

Comments

• mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    at what?
    rapping? hell to the ? no, rick ross' career wouldnt exist without the beats.
    oh but you stupid idiots say "oh well, he killed 50 cent" lmfao, 50 cent was wack way before the rickycop beef
    the rickycop vs. lupe beef would be funny, in the sense that lupe would ? the cop over and over and over, and he wouldnt understand it

just.might.b.ok
    see how ? ? it looks when u put ur username at the end of each post? thats me makin' fun of you in case you didnt notice, after all, you're a rickycop fan

Oh no, some lame on the internet is "making fun of me"....What am i to do now? All of my confidence in life is gone....

GTFOH!!!

Getwitcha
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited April 2010
    Options

y'all honestly thinkin Ross is seein this man any way shape or form on the mic!? this was off the top of the dome and better than most rappers written raps, y'all can't be serious in here
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LMFAO at Gee757 having groupie ? Following him around seeking his attention, I swear Kats are on some other ? these days...

da ? is fuuukin pathetic fam.......

y'all honestly thinkin Ross is seein this man any way shape or form on the mic!? this was off the top of the dome and better than most rappers written raps, y'all can't be serious in here

? lupe is scared 2 battle a lame ? like feminem so he dont want it wit ross when will yall lupe groupiez understand that ? ?? DAMN LOL
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    All i know is Ross is a hip hop cop. And he sucks at rapping and is in debt
    /thread
  • 7thwardslim
    7thwardslim Members Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Man i just listened to this 10 minutes so called freestyle from Lupe......

U see the crowd and hear the awe and reactions from the crowd......

This is exactly why ? in the streets dont ? with Lupe...

"The only ? i ? with is members of the Chess Club"
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Man i just listened to this 10 minutes so called freestyle from Lupe......

U see the crowd and hear the awe and reactions from the crowd......

This is exactly why ? in the streets dont ? with Lupe...

"The only ? i ? with is members of the Chess Club"

shot was cool but they swear dude rap calculus
    and ? in the street fucc with Lupe
    dumb ? in the streets dont
  • 7thwardslim
    edited April 2010
    Options
    shot was cool but they swear dude rap calculus
    and ? in the street fucc with Lupe
    dumb ? in the streets dont

Dumb ? in the streets......lol....its ? like u who went to school for 28 years.....and still think Chris Columbus discovered America

I swear u back-packers, wouldnt know what true knowledge was, if it was tattooed in the palm of your hands.....

The irony of your post......... how can u attack the back-packers..... then turn around and try to attack the (Dumb Street ? )

Knowledge is Self.....

its not that dumb ? dont listen to Lupe......i just gave Lupe another chance for the 1,000,185 time.......
    because the internet keep persuading that this dude have something to offer.....and he is nice.....but Lupe u just blew your chance
    to gain another fan.......for the 1,000,186 time.......i give up...... i keep tryna get into Lupe,...and give him a shot
    but yall post this ? .....and think this is supposed to blow my mind.....yall thought this was a clever display of lyricism

When he ? -riding Jay Elect.......

SideNote: Dumb ? in the streets....? with Jay Elect hardbody...... if that mean anything....

Lyrics are words together, to describe and depict reality or what the artist is trying to convience his audience to believe.....
    lets be real....... yall still running around talking about ? not being lyrical.....when the whole rap genre is damn near trash
    its not that many rappers spitting hard lyrics......or well thought-out clever lyrics...... its no rapper i can name....that i can grade high
    in the lyrical dept........

Only person coming with something new and refreshing is Jay Elect.........
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Dumb ? in the streets......lol....its ? like u who went to school for 28 years.....and still think Chris Columbus discovered America

I swear u back-packers, wouldnt know what true knowledge was, if it was tattooed in the palm of your hands.....

The irony of your post......... how can u attack the back-packers..... then turn around and try to attack the (Dumb Street ? )

Knowledge is Self.....

its not that dumb ? dont listen to Lupe......i just gave Lupe another chance for the 1,000,185 time.......
    because the internet keep persuading that this dude have something to offer.....and he is nice.....but Lupe u just blew your chance
    to gain another fan.......for the 1,000,186 time.......i give up...... i keep tryna get into Lupe,...and give him a shot
    but yall post this ? .....and think this is supposed to blow my mind.....yall thought this was a clever display of lyricism

SideNote: Dumb ? in the streets....? with Jay Elect hardbody...... if that mean anything....

Lyrics are words together, to describe and depict reality or what the artist is trying to convience his audience to believe.....
    lets be real....... yall still running around talking about ? not being lyrical.....when the whole rap genre is damn near trash
    its not that many rappers spitting hard lyrics......or well thought-out clever lyrics...... its no rapper i can name....that i can grade high

Lololol.

Great thread.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I will say this, if Ross calls Lupe out then he will have to respond because he initiated it in the first place.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited April 2010
    Options
    "this is exactly why ? in the streets ain't ? with Lupe"

i'm gonna need somebody to define a "? in the streets" and why it matters or not, i doubt pompous white people are ? with him either does that mean anything? whether it be Oprah, Monster Kody, or George Bush if they listen to them fine if not more power to them but how is the ability to impress one particular group of people a determinate of a rapper's skill?
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited April 2010
    Options

Knowledge is Self.....

Jay Elec aint to much
    didnt dude do that exobot A or whatever?
    if so dude really overated and aint seeing Lupe
    i wont front and act as if that "freestyle" was the ? cuz it wasnt but Lupe's mixtape ? and FNL was good and the cool was something new and refreshing
    aint heard hit more creative since then
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I could have sworn gee was a white dude....

co-sign , he calls eminem a racist but gee is white himself and drops more N-bombs than J.cole
  • 7thwardslim
    edited April 2010
    Options
    wrong.

btw...that freestyle wasnt meant to blow anyones mind. it was more like "hey..heres a mainstream rapper who is at a show and decided to freestyle for 9 minutes".

to say what Jay Electronica is doing is fresh or even NEW is hilarious.

Its a matter of opinion of ? ........ Lupe been out for almost 5 years and only song i ever liked from dude was "Hip Hop save my life"
    With that being said.....believe me.....i love music....i checked for every Lupe album every Lupe Mixtape.....after heard American Terrorist
    i was like yea i will ? with the lil ? ....but he dont excite me....u know....? saying J.Cole is super nice.....he dont do it for me...
    they Wiz Khalifa is supposed to a great artist....he dont do it for me.....as u can see the internet set trends on the internet...
    ? on the internet believe the same things......i think some these artist owe me some money...... because i be asking ? on the block
    ? in the hood.....hey check this ? and let me know what think......its not that these ? super lyrical...and they going over ? head
    they flat out boring.......they have sense of touch of whats going in the real world.......that why people like Wacka Flacka breaks into mainstream with
    garbage ass music......because guess what the masses relate to it.....i swear i never heard of Wacka Flacka until they showed a lil white girl dancing with
    baby.......on worldstar acting a fool to "O Lets Do It"....... i swear that video blew up he owe that chick for actin a dam fool on Worldstar.... if it wasnt for that white
    chick dancing i probably wouldve never gave it a listen......but after listening to it......i dont like that song but its so many bars in the song i feel...
    just last night it came on and i was about change it........and said u know i will listen to it for the ? of it.....and boom he said some ? that i was like man i got
    hear this ? again......he some ? about shooting ? in the head....kabooow.......and then he said ooooooww........lol.....? was whack but funny
    he having fun man........thats what u supposed to do
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Its a matter of opinion of ? ........ Lupe been out for almost 5 years and only song i ever liked from dude was "Hip Hop save my life"
    With that being said.....believe me.....i love music....i checked for every Lupe album every Lupe Mixtape.....after heard American Terrorist
    i was like yea i will ? with the lil ? ....but he dont excite me....u know....? saying J.Cole is super nice.....he dont do it for me...
    they Wiz Khalifa is supposed to a great artist....he dont do it for me.....as u can see the internet set trends on the internet...
    ? on the internet believe the same things......i think some these artist owe me some money...... because i be asking ? on the block
    ? in the hood.....hey check this ? and let me know what think......its not that these ? super lyrical...and they going over ? head
    they flat out boring.......they have sense of touch of whats going in the real world.......that why people like Wacka Flacka breaks into mainstream with
    garbage ass music......because guess what the masses relate to it.....i swear i never heard of Wacka Flacka until they showed a lil white girl dancing with
    baby.......on worldstar acting a fool to "O Lets Do It"....... i swear that video blew up he owe that chick for actin a dam fool on Worldstar.... if it wasnt for that white
    chick dancing i probably wouldve never gave it a listen......but after listening to it......i dont like that song but its so many bars in the song i feel...
    just last night it came on and i was about change it........and said u know i will listen to it for the ? of it.....and boom he said some ? that i was like man i got
    hear this ? again......he some ? about shooting ? in the head....kabooow.......and then he said ooooooww........lol.....? was whack but funny
    he having fun man........thats what u supposed to do

you ever heard of a commar?, or a full stop?
    you have some good points but the way come across with your overly long explanations and ? is starting to ? me off.
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is whatever you make it. You can base it on lyricism, catalog, impact, whatever.

Me...I have him perched somewhere in like the top 6.

That ranking can either go up or down, depending upon the merit of his work from this point on.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco is not a Top 10 Emcee All Time. Right now he's between top 25-50 All Time and some would agrue that. Where he goes from there?, who knows but the work thus far doesn't merit Top 10 Status.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    top 30

Way too many ? have made classics or had bigger impact than him
  • Punisher__
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Based on sheer lyricism, Lupe IS a top 10 emcee. And he has two classics under his belt.

The only thing that hurts him is impact on the game, which is probably subjective anyway. But that could probably just be based on his low level of proximity. He's only like 5 years deep.
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    Based on sheer lyricism, Lupe IS a top 10 emcee. And he has two classics under his belt.

The only thing that hurts him is impact on the game, which is probably subjective anyway. But that could probably just be based on his low level of proximity. He's only like 5 years deep.

2 Classics? No, "The Cool" is not considered a Classic, dope album and even a solid follow up but it had so many holes there is no way that album is considered Classic. "F&L" is probably his only Classic and even that can be questioned. Even if you look at lyrics alone that does not make him Top 10. Again I like what someone said about Lupe in another thread. He stands out cause he's in a sea of wackness right now. Lupe in the mid-90's would not have survived and even if he could of survived he would not have been noticed like that.
  • Punisher__
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lupe being in a "sea of wackness" is just an aversion to what is really real.

It's an excuse that elitests like you use to make your fallen heroes appear better than what they actually are.

The current crop of today's emcees, ranging from Crooked I to J. Cole to Joel Ortiz to Jay Electronica, is not necessarily an advantage for Lupe because NONE of them are wack.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    2 Classics, you ? are out your ? minds. Stop the ? ? man, classics are albums like The Chronic or College Dropout that shifted hiphop and influence a generation of rappers. You ? use that word way too much, when in actually there are less than 30 classic albums in hiphop.
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lupe is on the same level as Nas. I c/s this thread.
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2010
    Options
    isayas wrote: »
    Lupe is on the same level as Nas. I c/s this thread.

Sorry, Lupe is a fan of NaS. Same Level? No. "ILLmatic" lyricism is still something even Lupe wish he could accomplish. Lupe is what the 90's babies hope can be NaS level. Right now? No. I'm still laughing at the thread where dudes put Lupe's albums above Big's. LOL @ Lupe in 90's with NaS and Big. There is no way with the material I've heard that you can rank him with the GOATS.
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Sorry, Lupe is a fan of NaS. Same Level? No. "ILLmatic" lyricism is still something even Lupe wish he could accomplish. Lupe is what the 90's babies hope can be NaS level. Right now? No. I'm still laughing at the thread where dudes put Lupe's albums above Big's. LOL @ Lupe in 90's with NaS and Big. There is no way with the material I've heard that you can rank him with the GOATS.

First off, Lupe is better than everyone except Face, Kane, Cube, Nas, G-Rap, & Rakim. Second off, it's my opinion, and I don't need or anyone else to c/s or say. "U have a good opinion on Hip Hop'. I don't run with the popular opinion, I just speakin' my mind. I think Lupe is top 10 of all time.
  • nynicca
    nynicca Banned Users Posts: 877
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? always talking how rappers were better lyrically in the mid-late 90s. no they werent.who rapped lyrically like eminem, lupe, ti, drake, lloyed banks, fabolous, ortiz, budden, lil wayne, and a few others in the 90's????? very few. Who Warren G? Coolio? Snoop? Pac? Please. Even Biggie cant ? with eminem lupe ortiz lyrically.