JURASSIC POWERS (HERCULES HERNANDEZ & SCOTT NORTON)

Options
waterproof
waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
jurassicpowers.jpg

Promotions: NJPW
Years: 1993 - 1994
Trademark holds: Power Plex (Superplex-Diving Splash-Combination)

Once Hercules left the lofty heights of the WWF he continued his career in Japan,alongside Scott Norton they became the Jurassic Powers a powerhouse of a team that combined both mens incredible strength and power. In NJPW after a few months the Jurassic Powers finally captured the IGWP Tag Team titles when they defeated The Hellraisers for the titles,the Hellrasiers team as it happened had former WWF tag team Champion Hawk of the LOD as a member. Despite only been a team for just over a year the Jurassic Powers must go down in tag team history as one of the most powerful teams in the business.

l.jpg

The Jurassic Powers first form in March 1993 when Hercules entered New Japan. The two spent the first few months in the midcard as they took part in six and eight man tag team matches. Eventually they began to climb the rankings and they defeated The Hellraisers on August 5, 1993 to win the IWGP Tag Team Championship.

After winning the titles, The Jurassic Powers would hold them for 5 months and make 3 successful title defenses against the Hellraisers, Hiroshi Hase and Keiji Mutoh, and The Nasty Boys as well as non-title victories over The Japanese Jollyjacks and Brutus Beefcake and Jake Roberts. The team also entered the 1993 Super Grade Tag League and would ultimately be the runner ups as they lost to Hase and Mutoh in the finals.

The team would finally lose the titles back the Hellraisers at Battlefield on January 4, 1994. After the title loss, the Jurassic Powers would make few appearances as a team, they eventually made their last appearance as a team in a losing effort against The Steiner Brothers on August 4, 1994, after the loss they split up as Hernandez left New Japan.

l.jpg

New Japan Pro Wrestling
IWGP Tag Team Championship (1 Time)

Comments

• waterproof
    Options
    New Japan Pro Wrestling:

•1993: Hercules went to New Japan Pro Wrestling and formed a tag team with Scott Norton as the "Jurassic Powers"..

•August 5, 1993 - NJPW Sumo Hall: Scott Norton & Hercules Hernandez beat The Hellraisers to win the IWGP Tag Title..

•August 6, 1993 - NJPW Sumo Hall: Scott Norton & Hercules Hernandez beat Masa Saito & Manabu Nakanishi to retain..

•August 7, 1993 - NJPW Sumo Hall: Scott Norton & Hercules Hernandez beat The Barbarian & Haku to retain..

•August 8, 1993 - NJPW Sumo Hall: Scott Norton & Hercules Hernandez beat The Hellraisers via DQ to retain..

•November 4, 1993 - NJPW Sumo Hall: Scott Norton & Hercules Hernandez beat The Barbarian & Sean Royal to retain..

•January 4, 1994 - NJPW: Kensuke Sasaki & Hawk (The Hellraisers) defeat Hercules & Norton to win the IWGP tag titles..

•August 4, 1994 - NJPW Sumo Hall: Rick & Scott Steiner beat Scott Norton & Hercules Hernandez.,
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Norton is a strange case. I like him as a person and all. But man was he dull in the ring at times
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last picture through me off, I never seen norton even ? a grin let alone smile.
  • waterproof
    Options
    I think JURASSIC POWERS is one of the strongest in physical strength tag team in wrestling history, the only Tag Team i think that is just as strong or Stronger than JURASSIC POWERS is POWERS OF PAIN... other than that there is no tag team that can match JURASSIC POWERS and POWERS OF PAIN