Who's the better overall artist. Pac or Jay-Z?

Options

Comments

• great l
    great l Members Posts: 393
    edited April 2010
    Options
    thats some ? logic ? ...

thats like saying if u werent 15 when Bob Marly was alive then you have no right to call him GOAT or say that ? the greatest reggae artist of all times...hip hop fans are so fickle...

if you werent 15 when, aaliyah died then she cant be a goat to you...? ? with that dumb logic

? i started listening to music since 7, i was into mj, when i was 10 i got in to cube....why does a ? have to be 15 to start listening music? wtf

? act dumb intentionally ?

the reason why pac get more love than all the other dead rappers.. i.e big l. pun, biggy, left eye, ? c..is because he made better music

Yes, you would need to be a certain age at the time to appreciate the different impacts of the various artists of the time. Death tends to exaggerate the impact of certain artists. Take Guru for example. His flow was always montonous and his impact in hiphop was miniscule but now he is dead, tons of kids are coming out like they were bumping Gangstarr since Step in the Arena. I am old enough to remember what Tupac was when he was alive. NO ONE was calling him a great MC. He was reverred for his "Thug" image. He was loved for the passion and intelligence with which he spoke and his "I don't give a ? attitude" towards authority. Again, NO ONE was saying, "that ? Tupac is crazy nice on the mic". At the end, he was just a prisoner of his own image (manufactured or not).
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    great l wrote: »
    Yes, you would need to be a certain age at the time to appreciate the different impacts of the various artists of the time. Death tends to exaggerate the impact of certain artists. Take Guru for example. His flow was always montonous and his impact in hiphop was miniscule but now he is dead, tons of kids are coming out like they were bumping Gangstarr since Step in the Arena. I am old enough to remember what Tupac was when he was alive. NO ONE was calling him a great MC. He was reverred for his "Thug" image. He was loved for the passion and intelligence with which he spoke and his "I don't give a ? attitude" towards authority. Again, NO ONE was saying, "that ? Tupac is crazy nice on the mic". At the end, he was just a prisoner of his own image (manufactured or not).

i wasnt around for the jimmi hendrix, bob marley , period, but i can sit here and listen to there music catalogue and say they ? on most of their peers at that time and even now

i can sit here and say jimmi is a better e guitarist than slash..

i can sit here and say bob marley is a better reggae artist than Buju Banton or Peter Tosh

i can sit here and say Pac is a better hip hop artist than Jay z

i judge a man on his music and what he gave the game.....

Guru is dead but aint nobody ever gonna say he's better than Jay minus a few crackheads

when jimmi was alive nobody said he was the greatest, but when he died we realized that he was the greatest....same with bob...same with freddie mercury

if jimmi, bob, and pac had lived we'd still be saying they are the greatest..however in all 3 cases lives were cut short and they didnt get a chance to really feel the power and greatness they had worldwide.

pac wasnt alive along enough to know his power same way as Jimmi

ur argument is flawed dog, we judging a man on his music, and pac ? on jay...i'm not the only one saying that, most people do...even as popular as jay has been in recent years...that popularity will decrease and we'll still be saying pac is the greatest compared to drake, lil wayne and whoever is being called a goat at the time
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Pac could never be a better rapper even if he were still alive now
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    Man song for song Im going wit 2 Pac. Jay had some decent ? back in the day but too bad Jay never stepped up when he had the chance to. Pac was letting Big and all them ? have it. When Pac was gettin at them ? like they was lil ass kids where was the great Jay Z?? Where was the hova that was suppose to be extra lyrical to make Pacs record disses absolete?? Probably in Foxy's house hiddin in the closet like a lil ? ! Jay coulda proved right there that Pac couldn't ? wit him but what he do?? decide to throw some subliminals after Pac died and Jack his beat for some ? ass bonnie N clyde ? . This whole debate got a hole in it N.E way because as big as Jay iz now...If Pac was still alive (BIG ALSO) Jay wouldna had the fan base he has now. He woulda still been in both of they shadow. Besided....if you really wanna make it fair, if you compare an even amount of they music that dropped and no Jay z ? after 97 would be admitted, then Pac wins from song content to battle raps to commercial success. You cant put a 15 year catalog against a 6 year one.If Jay lost his life after six ? woulda barely remember him except for reasonable dought fans which Jay dunt let down time and time again.

that's because pac died before he could release the diss...use some common sense. Let's be real...jay would've "Insert diss track title here"'d pac....
  • thesynthesis
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jay could never see pac in a battle

the entire eastcoast was firing at pac including LL....Yet pac still sells 9 mill

If Jay had gone at Pac in 1996, his career would be Mob Deep status right now

Even a ? like Nas peace it up with Pac....

Nas said he cried when he heard Against All Odds....? said he CREID TEARS...he felt hurt

this is nas who made ether saying a ? made him cry....lmao

pac GOAT'S
  • weezyfgarbage
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So now sales determine who wins a lyrical battle? lol pac didn't say anything substantial to mobb deep either, except "LOL U HAVE SICKLE CELL", if anything jay was the one who destroyed mobb deep.
  • thesynthesis
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So now sales determine who wins a lyrical battle? lol pac didn't say anything substantial to mobb deep either, except "LOL U HAVE SICKLE CELL", if anything jay was the one who destroyed mobb deep.

jay was still a small time rapper,,,pac was a ? with the west and south behind him....even eastcoast ? to some extent was fuckn with pac

if pac can ruin mob deep career with words, imagine what he'd done with a verse?

Pac made Nas CRY with against all odds....and nas made jay cry with ether

Jay never wanted it with Pac....its like a ? like Drake coming out and starts dissing Jay....

Like it or not Jay had time to go at Pac but he decided not too.....and it was a wise career move....he'd be Chino XL status now

? like Big and Nas were the only ? shiftin units...Nas and big decided they aint one it neither...

Big said it himself, dude was powerful, he had a entire coast behind him and nobody wanted heat from a entire coast..it'd be career suicide for up and coming artists like Jay

Jay ? out
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Pac wasnt seeing none of the ? he dissed
    dude wasnt talkin bout much
    it was like middle school with a ? talking all that ? and the crowd like"woah, he talked about his siccle cell"
    Pacs disses were overated and Jay woulda killed dude in a battle
    i aint a Nas fan but Nas woulda killed Pac in a battle
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There are things Jigga does better than Pac and vice versa. They are both greats that did a lot for hip hop.
  • thesynthesis
    edited April 2010
    Options
    it was like middle school with a ? talking all that ? and the crowd like"woah, he talked about his siccle cell"

? made nas cry...made that ? cry tears like nas made jay cry tears....

mobb deep cudnt even finish him with drop a gem on'em

pac won my ? ....won the battle and war...he took the GOAT title...
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2010
    Options

Pac's strength isn't really going in the booth and dissing.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options

no dude
    he idnt
    Jay woulda killed Pac
    Nas woulda killed Pac
    obviously he want worth the time and Mobb Deep couldnt handle beef at a butcher shop
  • thesynthesis
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Pac's strength isn't really going in the booth and dissing.

i agree....but when u speak from the heart and go at a ? u can overcome any punchline rapper

dmx aint the best punchline rapper..he's simple with the lyrics, but his rawness and emotion allows him to destroy and go toe to toe against the most gifted and lyrical rappers....

rawness emotion > wittyness, punchlines

jay came with all the punchlines with the takeover but nas kept it simple and dissed that ? for who he was..he kept it facts and overcame ? hova
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i agree....but when u speak from the heart and go at a ? u can overcome any punchline rapper

dmx aint the best punchline rapper..he's simple with the lyrics, but his rawness and emotion allows him to destroy and go toe to toe against the most gifted and lyrical rappers....

jay came with all the punchlines with the takeover but nas kept it simple and dissed that ? for who he was..he kept it facts and overcame ? hova
    actually Nas(like Pac) was on some middle shool name calling ?
    neither Jay or Nas displayed their best lyrical skill during the beef but those two would easily have dismantled Pac and whoever was riding with dude
  • thesynthesis
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Nas took a big ? on Jay..dead@ middle school ?

what did u want some kind of Grindtime battle?

? wanted nas and jay to battle like wiggas

Jay gave it his best and failed...

Jay stans are denial, even Hov said he lost ?
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2010
    Options

That is a good point.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    win and loss are all a matter of opinion but Nas is known for taken the L
    regardless ether was a middle school diss but better than Pac's middle school disses
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2010
    Options
    win and loss are all a matter of opinion but Nas is known for taken the L
    regardless ether was a middle school diss but better than Pac's middle school disses

So was Jay's claim of Prodigy being a ballerina, but people run with that.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options

i dont really care about Prodigy
    dude is as irrelevant as rappers get to me
    if you ever notice i never bring that up and right now i'm done talking about
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i dont really care about Prodigy
    dude is as irrelevant as rappers get to me
    if you ever notice i never bring that up and right now i'm done talking about

You criticize one person for using middle school disses, but when you are shown example of that person using middle school disses, thats all you can say.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You criticize one person for using middle school disses, but when you are shown example of that person using middle school disses, thats all you can say.

not talking about it dude
    read what i said
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2010
    Options

? just ? & go back 2 suckin cockz cuz u dont know ? therr was no rapper n 96 sellin 5 million recordz n 2monthz like 2pac makaveli was da DON!! 2pac had nas cryin just off of WORDZ & i wouldnt b surprised if j was weepin 2...lol
  • weezyfgarbage
    edited April 2010
    Options

lol no there really were pics of prodigy pretending to be MJ
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm going with Jay-Z. If I had to choose who I'd rather listen to, it's Jay. I like Pac, but Jay is a lot meaner with the lyrics.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    ? just ? & go back 2 suckin cockz cuz u dont know ? therr was no rapper n 96 sellin 5 million recordz n 2monthz like 2pac makaveli was da DON!! 2pac had nas cryin just off of WORDZ & i wouldnt b surprised if j was weepin 2...lol

lmao! everytime i'm on this site, this dude is cussing someone out lol.