topic should of been called: Does Rick Ross wish he was Biggie? = yes
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i voted yes
    just cuz he a fat ? talkin that fly ?
    that's the only reason i say yes
    before you hip hop lovin ass, steve urkel glasses wearin ass ? start trippin
    ross is nowhere near big lyrically
    but on the surface biggie was just a fat ? talkin fly
    which is what ross is
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    anotha big fat phoney
  • trACE_evidence
    trACE_evidence Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hot7777 wrote: »
    Both were managed by diddy
    Both had very similar delivery
    Both had very similar weight
    Both had classic albums (Biggie - Ready to Die, Ross - Deeper Than Rap)
    etc

Discuss.

Trilla>>>>>>>>Deeper Than Rap
  • emaculate
    emaculate Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    RTD > Ross Career
    LAD > Ross Career
    Biggie's cut and paste albums > Ross Career
    Biggie's Callabos and Demo > Ross Career
    c/s rapmastermind
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sorry but TI being the next Jay-Z (or the southern equivalent) is more valid than this....
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Trilla>>>>>>>>Deeper Than Rap

Lyrically DTR>>>>>Trilla........production wise it's a toss up, they were both ahead of there time with the beats
  • StillDreaming
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sorry but TI being the next Jay-Z (or the southern equivalent) is more valid than this....

TI already has a better collection of albums than Jay
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if you mean the new big fat phoney, then yes...
    This I agree with...
  • j-boogie the cancer
    j-boogie the cancer Members Posts: 552 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is so direspectful to the dead. Ross at first was trying to make his own lane but teaming up with Diddy only makes this comparsion somewhat a reality. Ross should focus on being real with himself before we start comparing him to a legend. IMO no but with his current actions he looks like he wants to try to be the next Biggie.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If you mean the upgrade on a meal in the Wendy's drive thru, then yes.

If you mean lyrically and flow wise.

HHHHHHHhhellllll No!
  • delwons
    delwons Members Posts: 181 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    anotha big fat phoney

reminded me of family guy for some reason. ha ha
  • multimill
    multimill Members Posts: 300
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ro$$ is gonna b doper than Big...Ro$$ got that swagger...That's what separates ya local celebrities from national celebrities, that's what made Pac,Jimi Hendrix, Mike Jackson & Jordan,Rick James,Prince etc., they swag...Ross Swag is Bananas, he's gonna go further than Biggie his flow is better than Biggie, and he only gets better lyrically...Musically Ro$$ Surpassed Biggie...Emcee wise, yea Big is superior... but if u talkin Music, Ro$$ is at a different level...Biggie needed Diddy for the music...

I strongly disagree with this. You see this ya'll? ^ ^ This is what's wrong wit the rap game also. Crazy fans that think crazy thoughts. No wonder all the other generas of music have passed Rap in appeal. Because WE HAVE BECOME DELUSIONAL. delusionazation leads to a loss of reality and the reality is....Swag dont ? rap for you. You think this guy is better than a legend in the game because his swag is cool?????? WTF? GTFOH wit dat ? !!Swagger will never upstage talent. I havent heard one ross verse that can compete with either verese from Big's on the "Victory" track let alone all the legendary freestyles, song stealing feats yada yada yada. New boyz got swagger too but I dont hear nobody saying they better than EPMD that's just ? !! Watch a battle on 106 N park once in a while and you'll also see whats wrong wit rap. Judges that know nothing pickin guys to win batlles talkin about
    ..... "yeah man, the champion/challenger just got all that swagger and the swagger was on point" ....Neverminding the fact that one or both ? iz wack sometimes. And by the way, where was all that swagger when 50 was ebarrassing the bastard!??
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He is very much the New Biggie. And no he is not Biggies replacement at all or mean he has to be on the same level as Big. He just fills that area like Big did, Big man talking flashy.

Chances are if the internet were around back in the early 90's you people would find some way to break down the GOATs of this genre like you do now.
  • questgod
    questgod Members Posts: 162
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ross is nice but in no way in hell is the next biggie
  • DaPrinciplez
    DaPrinciplez Members Posts: 1,148
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i voted yes
    which is what ross is

So if i was a fat ? rapper talkin bout some fly ? ......I'd be the next Notorious B.I.G?
    Wow. I can't believe people are comparing Rick Ross to Biggie. The ? is wrong with you people?
  • StillDreaming
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jrod44 wrote: »
    He is very much the New Biggie. And no he is not Biggies replacement at all or mean he has to be on the same level as Big. He just fills that area like Big did, Big man talking flashy.

Chances are if the internet were around back in the early 90's you people would find some way to break down the GOATs of this genre like you do now.

Exactly. If BIG was alive best believe he would have just as many haters as Ross........either you die a hero or u live long enuff to become a villain......just ask 50
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Exactly. If BIG was alive best believe he would have just as many haters as Ross........either you die a hero or u live long enuff to become a villain......just ask 50

Big had haters while he was alive so of couse he would had haters if he lived. But that doesn't matter cause he died with the Crown. Biggie is considered one of the GREATEST EVER off 2 LP's. Ross in on his 4th an he's not even considered in the Best of the South. The comparsion is weak and done for marketing purposes. Nobody will be biting Ross lyrics in the future where as Big's lyrics have been bitten every single year since his death. Ross lacks the Impact to be put in the catagory of a Biggie. Big's singles had more impact than Ross career:

Port of Miami - Gold
    Trilla - Gold
    Deeper than Rap - Gold

= 1.5 Million

Biggie's Singles:

Juicy - Gold
    Big Poppa - Platinum
    One More Chance - Platinum
    Hypnotize - Platinum
    Mo Money Mo Problems - Platinum
    Sky's the Limit - Gold
    Playa's Anthem - Gold
    Get Money Platinum

=6.5 MILLION

LOL @ Big's singles outselling Ross career. Yet he's the "New" Biggie? No.
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    New Biggie in terms of aura...yes.

I don't really see the problem with that.
  • InMyLifeTime91
    InMyLifeTime91 Members Posts: 1,289
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Big had haters while he was alive so of couse he would had haters if he lived. But that doesn't matter cause he died with the Crown. Biggie is considered one of the GREATEST EVER off 2 LP's. Ross in on his 4th an he's not even considered in the Best of the South. The comparsion is weak and done for marketing purposes. Nobody will be biting Ross lyrics in the future where as Big's lyrics have been bitten every single year since his death. Ross lacks the Impact to be put in the catagory of a Biggie. Big's singles had more impact than Ross career:

yeah c/s that ?
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »

"Aura"? Wrong, Biggie changed the game and shut the game down with his debut album. Ross Debut came and went. He doesn't even have Big's aura. There is nothing comparable about Ross and Biggie besides they were both Fat. Ross in his dreams still can't be the emcee Big was.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i voted yes
    which is what ross is
    anotha big fat phoney
    jrod44 wrote: »

Punisher__ wrote: »

all this and then some and good to see rap mastermind never fail to suck that mumified ? ...
  • StillDreaming
    edited April 2010
    Options

Port of Miami - Gold
    Trilla - Gold
    Deeper than Rap - Gold

= 1.5 Million

Biggie's Singles:

Juicy - Gold
    Big Poppa - Platinum
    One More Chance - Platinum
    Hypnotize - Platinum
    Mo Money Mo Problems - Platinum
    Sky's the Limit - Gold
    Playa's Anthem - Gold
    Get Money Platinum

=6.5 MILLION

LOL @ Big's singles outselling Ross career. Yet he's the "New" Biggie? No.

Big's singles are outdoing most of hiphop right now so wats ur point?? U can't name too many rappers nowadays who can even go gold. I agree with the person who said Ross has the same AURA as Big because he does. I'm not saying Ross is the new Biggie but it's nice to have someone in hiphop who can finally fill that void