rapmastermind
rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in The Reason
Tupac - Me Against The World
Biggie - Ready To Die
NaS - ILLmatic
Rakim - Paid In Full
Jay Z - Reasonable Doubt

Does Em get hated on cause he's white? Sure. It is undinable he's got mad skills? Sure. But the fact he's white and can actually rap unlike Vanilla Ice is the reason some try to propell him higher than he should be. We are not use to a white emcee spitting like Slim does so some act like the way he spits is better than rappers of the past. When Vibe had a poll that voted Eminem the best rapper alive, I thought it was ok he won cause the game right now is horrible and Eminem is one of the best rappers alive. But when he beat Pac in the next poll as the best rapper ever, I just started shaking my head. Emimem catalog would be the weakest if you put it up against other Goat Conternders. The 5 albums I named are better than any single Eminem album you could put against them. "Marshall Mathers LP" is probably his best album and even that album can't see the 5 I named. "Encore" Sold 5 Million so at this point, no matter what Eminem raps, weak or not people will support it and claim it was the best. There is no excuse for that album selling that much cause it was flat out horrible yet it sold more than "Slim Shady LP", LOL. The bottom line people claiming Eminem is Top 5 or the GOAT, explain why he doesn't have albums better than Tupac, Biggie, NaS, Rakim or Jay Z? Cause unless "Recovery" is a Classic which is doubtful I can't rank him better than the 5 I mentioned.

Comments

• thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    even though i dont listen to Em , he is talented and he is in the top 10 greatest to ever do it
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Tupac - Me Against The World
    Biggie - Ready To Die
    NaS - ILLmatic
    Rakim - Paid In Full
    Jay Z - Reasonable Doubt

Does Em get hated on cause he's white? Sure. It is undinable he's got mad skills? Sure. But the fact he's white and can actually rap unlike Vanilla Ice is the reason some try to propell him higher than he should be. We are not use to a white emcee spitting like Slim does so some act like the way he spits is better than rappers of the past. When Vibe had a poll that voted Eminem the best rapper alive, I thought it was ok he won cause the game right now is horrible and Eminem is one of the best rappers alive. But when he beat Pac in the next poll as the best rapper ever, I just started shaking my head. Emimem catalog would be the weakest if you put it up against other Goat Conternders. The 5 albums I named are better than any single Eminem album you could put against them. "Marshall Mathers LP" is probably his best album and even that album can't see the 5 I named. "Encore" Sold 5 Million so at this point, no matter what Eminem raps, weak or not people will support it and claim it was the best. There is no excuse for that album selling that much cause it was flat out horrible yet it sold more than "Slim Shady LP", LOL. The bottom line people claiming Eminem is Top 5 or the GOAT, explain why he doesn't have albums better than Tupac, Biggie, NaS, Rakim or Jay Z? Cause unless "Recovery" is a Classic which is doubtful I can't rank him better than the 5 I mentioned.

Are you speaking for yourself? Or are you speaking for the entire hip hop community?

Some of you people just don't understand how to not present your opinion like it's factual.
  • the1nonlyruru
    the1nonlyruru Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i think eminem show (near classic or classic not sure yet) marshal mathers LP (same). it depends on who's style you like. as a matter a fact i rank him number 1 in my top 5 but i think what threw people off is encore (that album did suck i'm not gonna lie). and relapse was a concept album so you had to listen to that album differently. people calling wayne the best rapper alive and em can rap circles, planets and dimensions around him.
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    Are you speaking for yourself? Or are you speaking for the entire hip hop community?

Some of you people just don't understand how to not present your opinion like it's factual.

Of course I'm speaking for myself. In my opinion he won't be considered Top 5 cause those other 5 artist albums changed the game more than any Eminem album. Will he be top 10? Maybe but Top 5? Doubtful. He will hold all the sales records for sure but he will not hold the quality rap albums record which those 5 albums quality surpass any Eminem album.
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • turqiun
    turqiun Members Posts: 1,491 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think marshall mathers was a classic. You're right tho, I'm horrified at hoe many copies Encore sold. I mean wtf the ? are people thinking. I'm a huge em fan but I'm not blind to bad material he puts out, but that's when they young white people come in to inflate his sales. I personally have Em in my top 5 not just because of his albums but all of the nice freestyles on radio back in the day, the battles at rap wars he was in and the latest material he's putting out is nice also. I'll admit he did have sleepers on relapse but overall that was a great cd. Flow, lyrics and pronunciation of words were damn near perfect on the good songs of Relapse. I think you have to put in account the freestyles and guest appearances too, you can't just base it off cd material. It's not just because dude is white, he's good at rapping, he's nice at rapping. You can't hate on someone putting Em in their top 5, there is enough argument to justify his/her opinion.
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2010
    Options
    isayas wrote: »
    Your opinion.

Tupac - Me Against The World > Any Eminem Album
    Biggie - Ready To Die > Any Eminem Album
    NaS - ILLmatic > Any Eminem Album
    Rakim - Paid In Full > Any Eminem Album
    Jay Z - Reasonable Doubt > Any Eminem Album

So you disagree with this statement? if so what Eminem album would you put above the others cause I can't think of one.
  • turqiun
    turqiun Members Posts: 1,491 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

So you disagree with this statement? if so what Eminem album would you put above the others cause I can't think of one.

I think you could make a case for Marshall Mathers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Reasonable doubt. I think RD is somewhat a classic. To me some songs just aren't good on RD and I think MM is better than RD.
  • rapmastermind
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And for the record, here's how I rank Eminem's LP's:

SSLP: 4.5 MICS (I'm cool with it being ranked 5 MICS cause it was his offiical debut and it was solid but I understand those that say it's not a Classic)
    MMLP: 5 MICS (Saying this is not a Classic is just hating, give Slim his props, he killed it on this album)
    TES: 4 MICS (Solid release and there are some Classic songs on here for sure. Love the subject matter and deepness of the album. What hurts it is the production. Eminem's beats are not better than Dre's, should have been more Dre on this)
    Encore: 2.5/3 MICS (Horrible, this album was Eminem laughing at the fans cause it still sold even though he put in no effort what so ever to make a quality album.
    Relapse 3.5/4 Mics (Good comeback album, still had some holes but I enjoyed it and it was a step up from "Encore")

Overall Catalog: 4 MICS

In my view the Top 5 has a 4.5-5 Mic Catalog with atleast 2 Classics. 1 Classic isn't enough to be Top 5.
  • ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

The Marshall Mathers LP>>>>>>>>>any of those Album's,
    that Album is one of the greatest Album's ever the amount of critical acclaim it got was crazy, it is a certified classic but regarded as one of the best Album's in history

The Slim Shady LP = classic

The Eminem Show = classic

The Slim Shady LP & The Eminem Show>>>>>>>>Ready To Die, Reasonable Doubt & Paid In Full

All these Album's were critically acclaimed, sold Diamond, won awards, were praised by other Artists and were ranked amongst the best Album's ever by some magazines

The Vibe poll was the fan's votes

Then you got Song's like Lose Yourself that many people consider the greatest Hip-Hop Song in history that Song spent the longest amount of time number One on the chart in history and won an Oscar and a Grammy and MTV awards

The reason Eminem is top 5 greatest of all time with out doubt is cos of his classic Album's like The Slim Shady LP, The Eminem Show and The Marshall Mathers LP being one of the greatest Album's in Music, being such a talented overall Song Writer as far as different topics, Lyricism and Hit making ability

You'll also notice all 3 of the classic Eminem Album's i mentioned were Produced by Eminem majority of the Song's wise with Dr Dre doing a few Song's while Eminem Produced most of the Song's on those Album's

Encore is Eminem's worst Album but it still had some great Song's on it some classic Song's

So outta 5 major released Album's Eminem has 3 classics with The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP & The Eminem Show
    1 average Album with Encore and 1 good Album with Relapse and all time legendary Song's like Lose Yourself and Stan
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I dont think Em has that quintessential classic album and that imo hurts his goat status.
  • ShadyTeam
    edited April 2010
    Options
    See it's universal opinion that counts worldwide universal opinion as well as industry opinion and opinion from peers

Then there is your Awards, your sales, public votes by fan's etc
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Dretox vs. rapmastermind...battle of the stans.

This is going to be epic.
  • thesynthesis
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i'll be real to feel em in his entirety you have to be white

like i can't relate to killing my moms, or drug abuse, committing suicide, being molested, shooting up schools

but i can relate to loving my moms, and wanting to better my community and fighting injustice and possibly dying living the street life

i dont agree witha lot of ? em was talking about and felt it was corny, but he has some good songs and he was creative and he did have impact on whiteboys...but there are a 100 better albums than his, but as an artist he is top 10
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    Dretox vs. rapmastermind...battle of the stans.

This is going to be epic.

Notice how a stan can alwaytie their Crush rapper into ? Like dretox with eminem and Rapmastermind With Biggie. It seems like they feel they are commiting a sin if the theme of their post cannot be connected to raising up the object of their infatuation, but I support female stans of male rappers over male stans as male stans are either openly ? (Itzgravitation/Rusty) or creeping out the closet and testing the waters online...
  • thesynthesis
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    The Marshall Mathers LP>>>>>>>>>any of those Album's,
    that Album is one of the greatest Album's ever the amount of critical acclaim it got was crazy, it is a certified classic but regarded as one of the best Album's in history

i disagree dog, you cant be playing that album in the hood and not get laughed at on some cornball ? ?

em nice dont get me wrong, but his album was for goths and nerds regardless of color....his fanbase is weird as ? , like some rich nerdy asians who dont give a ? about rap, but only em cuz his music is "funny"....

but aint no hod ? listening to em.. lets be real, and u'll be like whocares about hood ? ?, well dats true, but hip hop is street music, everyone wants the hood to luv dem cuz thats where hip hop was birthed from..

i cant be seen in the hood blasting "stan", ? on some major corn ? ...nor have i ever seen any hood ? anywhere blast em asides from his ? with dre or the forever ?
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Until he takes on a "credible" rapper with a full fledged diss, then maybe.
    Not that ? "Canibitch" song that was conviently released when BIS was in the army.
    He has the talent, but to say he is a GOAT, hell no.

BIS>>>>>>>.
    Covered more diverse topics.
    Outshined his peers when "they" were in their primes.
    Never tried to misrepresent hip-hop, or make a mockery of an art form just to get paid.
  • ShadyTeam
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Notice how a stan can alwaytie their Crush rapper into ? Like dretox with eminem and Rapmastermind With Biggie. It seems like they feel they are commiting a sin if the theme of their post cannot be connected to raising up the object of their infatuation, but I support female stans of male rappers over male stans as male stans are either openly ? (Itzgravitation/Rusty) or creeping out the closet and testing the waters online...

Suck a ? then buy a razor and shave
  • ShadyTeam
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Fazeem you don't know me we do not get along so do not talk about me, thank you
  • ShadyTeam
    edited April 2010
    Options

like i can't relate to killing my moms, or drug abuse, committing suicide, being molested, shooting up schools

but i can relate to loving my moms, and wanting to better my community and fighting injustice and possibly dying living the street life

i dont agree witha lot of ? em was talking about and felt it was corny, but he has some good songs and he was creative and he did have impact on whiteboys...but there are a 100 better albums than his, but as an artist he is top 10

Growing up in harsh poverty in Inner City Detroit and similar ghettos

Being a parent and loving your child

Political injustice by the goverment

Catching a case for pistol whipping

Being cheated on and having relationship problems with your partner

Having a mother on welfare who was a drug addict

Growing up with out a father

Having a drug addiction
  • ShadyTeam
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I challange people to name the Song where Eminem talked about killing his mother?

I challange people to name the Song Eminem talked about shooting up school's?

I challangepeople to name the Song Eminem talked about commiting suicide?
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

Your opinion, once again. I think 'Live and Let Die' and 'Long Live the Kane' is better than any Nas, Jay, Em, B.I.G., & etc album, but u don't see me spewin' my opinion for facts.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Suck a ? then buy a razor and shave
    Fazeem you don't know me we do not get along so do not talk about me, thank you
    LMFAO it does not change the facts of what I said Child your Obsession with Eminem is = To Rapemasterminds Obsession with Biggie , the only difference is you are a female and it is therefor e more acceptable and understandable for you to Crush on a man while With Rapemastermind the ? is just ? ...

Dretox2010 wrote:
    A lotta blacks live in harsh Inner City poverty in a single parent home like Eminem did he talks about that in his Music and escaping poverty to become somebody having a dream

A lotta blacks in the Inner City have mothers or fathers or uncles who are hooked on ? , heroin or pill's Eminem talks about his mothers drug addiction

A lotta blacks as well as other races in the Hood become parents as young as their teens Eminem talks about parenting

A lotta blacks face political opression, racism & injustice Eminem talks about this

A lotta blacks have been in relationship's where their girlfriends cheated on them Eminem talks about this

Paul Wall grew up in a Middle Class home in a Texas Suburb called Jersey Village & went to College, Paull Wall has zero substance & no Soul in his Music no message and no creativity in his Musuc

So blacks in the real world are Eminem fan's they relate to the topics i mentioned like any other race

It's just low esteem having people on the IC that hate on Eminem

IO get your passion child I just do not sahare your reverance no hate just truth...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options

Thats just not true. Im black and dont relate to him or any other rapper for that matter and still have him in my top 5. Nas and Tupac are my 1 and 2 but I didnt relate to most of what theyve rapped about. Thats a cop out answer if you ask me.
  • JQUEENS21
    JQUEENS21 Members Posts: 228
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I can say he is not in my top 10 because I actually put the full body of Hip-Hop's work from the last 33 years into my decision. Top 20 yes. But, his evolution to today is in the decline. I blame it on the drugs. I blame also the STANS. It does hinder my decision making. We have at least 4 here. That just pushes the music away from you. Unlike the artist, they have sense of the history of Hip-Hop.