Options

Comments

• killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    bigb86 wrote: »
    I agree with the B+ from the other niner fans in here
    Even tho Dez is nice dont ya'll need another OT at the left spot u cant throw if u cant protect

were good now the Oline is set for yrs to come I'm assuming iits all defense from here on out
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    were good now the Oline is set for yrs to come I'm assuming iits all defense from here on out

Best case scenario we trade down with someone and pick up that fourth rounder they traded yesterday and still pick up a good safety or pass rusher in the second. That way if parish ? is still there in the fourth or spikes is there in the fourth they can pick him up
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

yeah our O-Line is set (hopefully)
    now we need some safeties and a ? pass rush I swear these dudes can never get a sack
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Giants get DT Linval Joseph...beast.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    smh @ carlos dunlap
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    way to early we dont have a 2nd round pick so ill call it later but Derrick Morgan just doesnt look that special
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    B-?

U needed a center and got the best one in college football.

Pouncey twins are tough and play the OL position like bullies. He's a great fit in Pittsburgh.

I'd say A grade.

the draft isnt even over yet...im judgin by what ive seen so far...just drafting one good player doesnt mean ? .(etc )the saints with ricky williams
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Steelers fell from B+ to D-, three picks and we still aint pick a DB, Troy is good but he cant make up for ? being ghost all game and Taylor bein mad inconsistent with his brick hands.
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    i heard them say something about getting rid of Osi

we'll welcome him with open arms in cincy

I'm hearin that too, we need to keep him though we should have picked a LB or DT
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    DatGuyJ22 wrote: »
    I'm hearin that too, we need to keep him though we should have picked a LB or DT

U got DT Linval Joseph.
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    the draft isnt even over yet...im judgin by what ive seen so far...just drafting one good player doesnt mean ? .(etc )the saints with ricky williams

That's what I was grading...the one pick.
  • Still Cool Beans
    Still Cool Beans Members Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I give my 9ers an A- thus far. Got one of the top 3 tackles which was a position of need and the best guard in the draft. Hook the youngins up with Solari and Ray Brown and our Oline just took a significant step forward. I was dead set against going anywhere near Mays in the first round, however in the second round at the 49th pick, GREAT VALUE. It's obvious what his weaknesses are and I'm sure that the coaching staff will coach em up and utilize him in a way that will maximize his strengths. We also pick up a 4th in next year's draft from the trade back. I like, not love the Bowman pick. He could be solid inside next to Pat once Takeo is gone. Really like what we've done so far.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I give my 9ers an A- thus far. Got one of the top 3 tackles which was a position of need and the best guard in the draft. Hook the youngins up with Solari and Ray Brown and our Oline just took a significant step forward. I was dead set against going anywhere near Mays in the first round, however in the second round at the 49th pick, GREAT VALUE. It's obvious what his weaknesses are and I'm sure that the coaching staff will coach em up and utilize him in a way that will maximize his strengths. We also pick up a 4th in next year's draft from the trade back. I like, not love the Bowman pick. He could be solid inside next to Pat once Takeo is gone. Really like what we've done so far.

ha I actually brought us down to a B...Mays and Goldson at safety could go either way both have to improve at taking angles but if they can do that it will be scary...we didnt get a CB and Idk about Bowman I give him the benefit of the doubt because he's from Penn State but still
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I hope my Lions use a late round pick on Lagarrette Blount.....I really think the dude can be a power back.....a guy to pick up those 3rd and 1s
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I gonna grade the Jets strictly on draft picks not the fact they got rid of one of my fav. players today.

B

Joe Mcknight is a good change of pace back and I like drafting a fullback that knows he's a fullback for our running game. Plus he can learn from one of the best in Richardson.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I hope my Lions use a late round pick on Lagarrette Blount.....I really think the dude can be a power back.....a guy to pick up those 3rd and 1s

They should. I really want to see dude get drafted. He might be a steal this late in the draft.
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Blount may need to wake up, look alive and act like his phone is ringing or something.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Round Pick Player Position School 1 19 (19) Sean Weatherspoon OLB Missouri 3 20 (83) Corey Peters DT Kentucky 3 35 (98) * Mike Johnson G Alabama 4 19 (117) Joseph Hawley G UNLV 5 4 (135) Dominique Franks CB Oklahoma 5 34 (165) * Kerry Meier WR Kansas 6 2 (171) Shann Schillinger S Montana

i LIKE OUR DRAFT. iLL GIVE the Falcons an A..... Not crazy about the last pick. If they were gonna go safety they should have moved up a few spots and jumped on Rashad Jones before Miami got him. That was a steal for Miami and could have been one for us.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Titans B

we got the best DE in the draft but i dont like the Damian Williams pick with Gilliyard still available. We drafted a QB named Rusty Wallace?????? that ? just sounds like a failure and i like the Myron Rolle pick he has potential he just needs to put the quantum physics books down and pick up a play book
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Titans B

we got the best DE in the draft but i dont like the Damian Williams pick with Gilliyard still available. We drafted a QB named Rusty Wallace?????? that ? just sounds like a failure and i like the Myron Rolle pick he has potential he just needs to put the books down and pick up a play book

Which DE did they get?

I think you will like the Damien Williams pick in the near future. He's decent but I like Gilyard better too.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Derrick Morgan
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Bengals B

Liked the gresham, ghee and briscoe picks.

Didnt like Dunlap, Shipley and apparently the lineman we drafted late were bad value picks but idk
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Pittsburgh B as well

we loaded up on some young linebackers... got a couple of offensive linemen,there's even rumors that alan faneca will rejoin the team. I think our draft would have been alot better if we would have picked up some db's but overall i like the picks.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ha I actually brought us down to a B...Mays and Goldson at safety could go either way both have to improve at taking angles but if they can do that it will be scary...we didnt get a CB and Idk about Bowman I give him the benefit of the doubt because he's from Penn State but still

now that its over I think we did OK then we didnt have a pick for two rounds kinda salty bout that we picked up a corner and another receiver but we still need a pass rush
    I give the niners a B
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    after thinking about it, i think mays going to SF was a good look. they got him in the second, singletary will be on his ass nh and he'll be motivated to play pete carroll twice a year