What's your top 5 PGs 3 years from now?

Options

Comments

• one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1. CP3- Changes the whole pace, tempo and nature of any NBA game he plays when healthy. Can turn a trash player into star word to Tyson Chandler.
    2. D-Will- Handles the rock real good, very good court vision and has all the tools to be a great PG. Lacks hunger and will power to take over a game...is laid back at times
    3. Rose- Good slasher but no jumper at all if develops a consistent jumper can be a scary pg for opponents.
    4. Westbrook- One of the quickest in the open court top 3 in transition offense, however is turnover prone and make questionable choices in critical times of a game.
    5. Curry- Best shooter out the 5 and is improving as a PG the sky is the limit with him just needs to work on defense against other elites.

Honorable mention: Evans, Collison and George Hill
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1. CP3- Changes the whole pace, tempo and nature of any NBA game he plays when healthy. Can turn a trash player into star word to Tyson Chandler.
    2. D-Will- Handles the rock real good, very good court vision and has all the tools to be a great PG. Lacks hunger and will power to take over a game...is laid back at times
    3. Rose- Good slasher but no jumper at all if develops a consistent jumper can be a scary pg for opponents.
    4. Westbrook- One of the quickest in the open court top 3 in transition offense, however is turnover prone and make questionable choices in critical times of a game.
    5. Curry- Best shooter out the 5 and is improving as a PG the sky is the limit with him just needs to work on defense against other elites.

Honorable mention: Evans, Collison and George Hill

good to see you my man lol.... you gettin ready for that avi???
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ayo Radaman its only 2-1 and yes the avi bet is still on my ? . I am a man of my words aint no falling back son.
  • explicitx
    explicitx Members Posts: 88
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Curry is gonna be a ? problem for years to come. ? GSW, NYK can't catch a ? damn break. FML
  • radaman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ayo Radaman its only 2-1 and yes the avi bet is still on my ? . I am a man of my words aint no falling back son.

lol it's on...
  • brocktonpatriot
    brocktonpatriot Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No love for the only one with a ring, RONDO
  • radaman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No love for the only one with a ring, RONDO

Rondos game is a bit limited... Top 10 pg? Sure... Top 5? I don't see it...
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    radaman wrote: »
    Rondos game is a bit limited... Top 10 pg? Sure... Top 5? I don't see it...

that jumper's starting to come along,he's only 23 he will be a top 5 PG the next decade or so. I really became a fan of his last year,in the playoffs he averaged 11 rebounds that's unheard of for PG's !!
  • radaman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    that jumper's starting to come along,he's only 23 he will be a top 5 PG the next decade or so. I really became a fan of his last year,in the playoffs he averaged 11 rebounds that's unheard of for PG's !!

Yeah he's nice don't get me wrong but you can't put him ahead of D Will, CP3... The up and comers upside are just too much to ignore: Westbrook, Curry, Evans, Jennings... It's kinda hard to imagine Rondo being top 5 in 3 years...
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    1.derrick rose
    2.cp3
    3.d-will
    4.westbrook
    5.jennings
  • KingJB2ThaFullest86
    KingJB2ThaFullest86 Members Posts: 388
    edited April 2010
    Options
    in no order......

1) Chris Paul
    2) D-Williams
    3) Derick Rose
    4) Brandon Jennings
    5) Toney Douglas (Yes I said it)
  • radaman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    in no order......

1) Chris Paul
    2) D-Williams
    3) Derick Rose
    4) Brandon Jennings
    5) Toney Douglas (Yes I said it)

insert Ice Cube Friday gif.....
  • freshb651
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah he's nice don't get me wrong but you can't put him ahead of D Will, CP3... The up and comers upside are just too much to ignore: Westbrook, Curry, Evans, Jennings... It's kinda hard to imagine Rondo being top 5 in 3 years...

but you know what seperates Rondo from that list ? DEFENSE,he's always amongst league leaders in steals.Defense wins chips !!!
  • freshb651
    edited April 2010
    Options
    insert Ice Cube Friday gif.....

yeah,i wasn't even gonna comment on that. Must be a Knick fan SMH
  • radaman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    but you know what seperates Rondo from that list ? DEFENSE,he's always amongst league leaders in steals.Defense wins chips !!!

yeah he is real nice on the defensive end... it's just somethin not there for me tho nh, I just cant put my finger on it... lol
  • radaman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yeah,i wasn't even gonna comment on that. Must be a Knick fan SMH

lol gotta be... I saw Toney Douglas and was like WTF??? has that ? put up ANY numbers so far in his career? lol
  • KingJB2ThaFullest86
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol gotta be... I saw Toney Douglas and was like WTF??? has that ? put up ANY numbers so far in his career? lol

here's his numbers from Feb. when he was a STARTER until the end of the season....
    March:
    MIN:28.5 /FG: 64-138 / PCT: .464 /3 Pts: 26-57 /PCT:.456 /FT: 24-31 /PCT: .774 /Stl:1.2 /Ast: 3.6 /Pts:12.7/
    April:
    MIN:30.3 /FG: 35-83 / PCT: .422 /3 Pts: 15-41 /PCT:.366 /FT: 14-18 /PCT: .778 /Stl:1.1 /Ast: 3.6 /Pts:12.4/

compare him to Johnny Flynn, Brandon Jennings, Darren Collison and Ty Lawson, they have similar stats in there rookie year and you can go check the stats for yourself. I'll give him 2 years to Improve and he'll be a real good point guard lilke the rest because he can shoot the 3, he has great defense and great offense. I watch all the teams play am not a ? rider like half of you ? in here. I know my ? about sports so you better recognize youngn'...

u-mad.jpg
  • radaman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    here's his numbers from Feb. when he was a STARTER until the end of the season....
    March:
    MIN:28.5 /FG: 64-138 / PCT: .464 /3 Pts: 26-57 /PCT:.456 /FT: 24-31 /PCT: .774 /Stl:1.2 /Ast: 3.6 /Pts:12.7/
    April:
    MIN:30.3 /FG: 35-83 / PCT: .422 /3 Pts: 15-41 /PCT:.366 /FT: 14-18 /PCT: .778 /Stl:1.1 /Ast: 3.6 /Pts:12.4/

compare him to Johnny Flynn, Brandon Jennings, Darren Collison and Ty Lawson, they have similar stats in there rookie year and you can go check the stats for yourself. I'll give him 2 years to Improve and he'll be a real good point guard lilke the rest because he can shoot the 3, he has great defense and great offense. I watch all the teams play am not a ? rider like half of you ? in here. I know my ? about sports so you better recognize youngn'...

u-mad.jpg

lol this ? came back with some stats for yo azz... these numbers is good and all but HE WILL NOT be better than: D Will, CP3, Westbrook, Rose, Evans, Curry, Jennings or Wall in 3 years.... who's mad?
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The league is in top form i think. The quality of players is just ridiculous.

I must sayI'm impressed with Westbrook all around game- defense, hustle, rebounding, speed, strength, heart and IQ. And that team ifthey keep them together gonna be aproblem.
    Westbrook= the future champion (improve jumper)
    D-Will- prolly best right now
    CP3= best pg IQ, effortless
    Evans= reminds me of Wade, awkward but good
    Rose= like westbrook, speed and strength
    Curry= more shooter than pg
  • freshb651
    edited April 2010
    Options
    March:
    April:

u-mad.jpg

? ,that's two months.Not only that March and April are "garbage time" for teams that don't make the playoffs and Good teams are resting starters.

U MAD ??????????
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol @ 12 ppg and 42% shooting being a foreshadowing of greatness
  • freshb651
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    lol @ 12 ppg and 42% shooting being a foreshadowing of greatness

Right..........
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tyreke Evans
    Stephen Curry
    Deron Williams
    Chris Paul
    Derek Rose
  • KingJB2ThaFullest86
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LOL no one said he'll be better that D will and the rest of them..........am just saying he could be up there, and isn't the thread about what "Your" top 5 point guards in 3 years??????? I just think he's one of them IMO, Plus the NBA is wayyyyy different that the NCAA so keep that in mind.....
  • KingJB2ThaFullest86
    edited April 2010
    Options
    WTF are your talking about, the only teams that rested there starters was Cleveland and LA!!!!!! other than that all the other starters was playing in other teams. the reason why i pointed out march and april was because he started in those two months and if you look at the other top name Rookies in this year you see the have similar numbers month to month.......just because they wasnt the top 10 pick in the draft dont mean that the lower picks cant be better than them...Example:

in 2003 mo williams was drafted in the 2nd round
    in 2004 Jameer Nelson was drafted 20th in the 1st round
    in 2005 Danny Granger was drafted 17th in the 1st
    in 2006 Rajon Rondo was drafted 21th in the 1st round

i can keep going but am just speaking facts and during time toney douglas will get better during time because he a good all around player. its just my opinion anyway so why are you ? getting at me,lol
This discussion has been closed.