WEC: Aldo vs Faber

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Anyone have a link for that fight tonight?

Comments

• VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This link was pretty weak, too much interrupting but man was it a weak fight.

Aldo vs Faber

Rd 1: Pretty much just feel each other out. Faber landed maybe 1 or 2 jabs, Aldo 1 or 2 kicks.

Rd 2: Aldo lands numerous leg kicks to Fabers left leg, some swept him dropping him. Faber got back up quick. More leg kicks.

Rd 3: Again, leg kicks leg kicks leg kicks. By this time Fabers left leg is welting and swelling, super red. Dropped by Aldo, just Aldo's round.

Rd 4: Same ? . Last 2 mins Aldo gets him in a crucifix and just smashes his face in. Ref doesn't stop it due to Faber trying to buck Aldo. (guess that was his "defense" because Faber wasn't technically defending)

Rd 5: Same ? again, leg kicks. Drops Faber and Faber just lays there for a min, ref stand 'em up. More leg kicks, dropped again, Faber again lays there, fight clock runs out.

Aldo wins by decision.

Aldo landed 2 or 3 good body shots that hurt Faber some where in those rounds. Overall, if you paid, you lost.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Aldo owned like I knew he would.

I like both Henderson and Cerrone so didn't really care who won but would've liked to see Cerrone win so we could get a trilogy. Weird that Cerrone tapped so quickly.

Wow, Manny Gamburyan with a huge upset over MTB. Jose Aldo really must've ethered MTB's soul something serious.

Shane Roller with a nice submission over Anthony Njoukani.

Scott Jorgensen is a beast despite whatever that ugly ? all over his skin is.
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Aldo owned like I knew he would.

I like both Henderson and Cerrone so didn't really care who won but would've liked to see Cerrone win so we could get a trilogy. Weird that Cerrone tapped so quickly.

Wow, Manny Gamburyan with a huge upset over MTB. Jose Aldo really must've ethered MTB's soul something serious.

Shane Roller with a nice submission over Anthony Njoukani.

Scott Jorgensen is a beast despite whatever that ugly ? all over his skin is.

Tripped me out when Brown went down.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Really suprised to see MTB go down so easy. I was just like c'mon maaaaaaaan. I don't really like Manny cause he's Karo's cousin and Karo is a ? . Guilty by association I guess.

Ben Henderson is a beast. I'm a huge fan cause I knew him (barely) in wrasslin' days. He's just developing so much after every fight. He's gonna be the face of the WEC lightweight divsion for a while.

Aldo just has that Desean Jackson speed. His quickness is on a whole nother level. Once he took Fabers mobility he was just done. Great fight.

Anthony Njoukani looked like he had great stand-up... but guys are too well rounded in the lighter weightclasses and if you have holes that big in your game plan you're going to get exposed... especially when your gaping hole is a ground game and you're fighting a D1 wrestler. Roller dominated.