Ice Cube appreciation Thread

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Jamel since you seem to know about drugs
    wht would happen if you mixed weed and prozac?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    depends on the strain... if it's a sativa strain mixed with prozac you liable to be extra happy with a warm sensation taking over your MIND

If it's indica you are more likely to fall asleep happy while having a warm buzzy sensation going thru your BODY

Sativa is Cerebral High...

Indica is a Body high...

im not a regular druggie
    break it down into simple terms
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    to the threadstarter..

cube is who people should try emulate.. not bag out. Eh could have ended up a certain way.. but he went above and beyond.. and no matter what facts you wish to enlighten us with.. Cube is one of the realest alive, he stays winning and doing something bigger and better with each step he take. i don't care for how many 'passes' he gets, cause he has worked hard to be where he is and is looked up to by millions because his actions speak for themselves.. definition of a hard working real life mother ? . not someone on the end of a laptop or whatever looking for something to discredit him for his success
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Cube definitely got the biggest pass ever. And he still trying to use it.
  • Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited April 2010
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    to the threadstarter..

cube is who people should try emulate.. not bag out. Eh could have ended up a certain way.. but he went above and beyond.. and no matter what facts you wish to enlighten us with.. Cube is one of the realest alive, he stays winning and doing something bigger and better with each step he take. i don't care for how many 'passes' he gets, cause he has worked hard to be where he is and is looked up to by millions because his actions speak for themselves.. definition of a hard working real life mother ? . not someone on the end of a laptop or whatever looking for something to discredit him for his success

ewww

ether...
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How is he not real,he grew up in LA in the 80's,it was a ? Warzone out there with Crips and Bloods and ese's.Ice Cube is lyrically the most fearless rapper EVER.He will say Anything,how is that not Gangsta ?

"? one love it's the ? glove killin' ? hoes/smearing blood stains on broncos"
    "Hip-Hop started in the West Ice Cube bailin' through the East WITHOUT A VEST "
  • freshfromatl
    freshfromatl Members Posts: 559
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Reggie80 wrote: »
    Well all that is true but it's too late dude done put in to much work people are not going too agree with you they love Cube

Co-sign. Cube that ? .
  • freshfromatl
    freshfromatl Members Posts: 559
    edited April 2010
    Options
    to the threadstarter..

Damn!!! Deaded this ? whole thread wit this response. Great post bruh. /Thread.
  • delwons
    delwons Members Posts: 181 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    most of yall really dont listen to cube because if you did you would know most of if not all of his music isnt on some shoot em up ? .
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    delwons wrote: »
    most of yall really dont listen to cube because if you did you would know most of if not all of his music isnt on some shoot em up ? .

dig that...... yall confusing him with the boyz n tha hood movie.
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn!!! Deaded this ? whole thread wit this response. Great post bruh. /Thread.

-hill-aire-re-us

jus so many none reading ass folks

i stated twice in this thread that i wasnt tryna take anything away from Ice Cube. Im a huge fan of Ice Cube

what i was tryna point out is the difference in how things worked then and now.

i jus worded the title in a way that it would appear to be another ome of these silly thread where the hip hop ignorant question ? they dont know about... that seems to be the trend round here
  • Pelly Adams
    Pelly Adams Members Posts: 52
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Cube, a studio gangster?...no, i don't believe it...what's next? are you gonna say pac was also a studio gangster? pssh...i don't believe it cuz only real gangsters can make real good gangster music...that's how u can tell....if it's wack, he clearly ain't a gangsta...so yeah, ur wrong...

rofl...seriously though...

it's just music...
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ye Good Music is all that counts too me.

Ice Cube makin good music.
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Cube, a studio gangster?...no, i don't believe it...what's next? are you gonna say pac was also a studio gangster? pssh...i don't believe it cuz only real gangsters can make real good gangster music...that's how u can tell....if it's wack, he clearly ain't a gangsta...so yeah, ur wrong...

rofl...seriously though...

it's just music...

smh @ folks not reading... still
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Not every post in this thread is going to be directed to you...

your right

i digress and/or fallback

oh ? ,
    Jamel

u changed your avi. i was used to seein Morris Day
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • pothead420
    pothead420 Members Posts: 2,072 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lmao ? called u a druggie & u aint even notice it smh
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    How is he not real,he grew up in LA in the 80's,it was a ? Warzone out there with Crips and Bloods and ese's.Ice Cube is lyrically the most fearless rapper EVER.He will say Anything,how is that not Gangsta ?

"? one love it's the ? glove killin' ? hoes/smearing blood stains on broncos"
    "Hip-Hop started in the West Ice Cube bailin' through the East WITHOUT A VEST "
    in today's cclimate of internet background checks and dvd's

Cube couldnt come out hard the way he did back then

first off... Cube aint even from Compton

2ndly ... cube was possibly the hardest ? out back in the day..claimin gangsta to the fullest but he was never in the streets...
    matter of fact the reason why DOC and Ren became principal writers is cuz Oshea went off to college

i aint bashing cube at all.. jus pointing out how back then rappers chose a perspective to rap from while today rappers let the character take who they really are
    you take away cube you have no eazy-e on the mic. eazy was the g in nwa but he knew he couldn't rap. these ? now don't have one real ? within 50 square miles of them lol.
    ? act like you cannot get a education and be gangsta, what the ? is wrong with dumb kats. The game used to be about escaping the circle and evolving past being stuck in the streets, about making your community a better place, not just exploiting it or ? about it. Talking about the real of it is gangsta, Being about Growth and protecting your own is Gangsta, alwaybuilding up your knowledge and power is gangsta, and doing so being true to yourself without being someone else ? is the epitome of a Gangsta...
    not the point i was tryna make

i understand what you are saying because i agree 100%

what im sayin is that hip hop has shifted. back in the day Kool G Rap rapped like a kingpin and nobody felt the need to call him out and disrespect him
    but today you have to prove everything. its like the IC's policy of proof pic or ?

but i feel that they could get away with that back then because it was known they were rappin in character and/or the perspective of folks they knew like Tupac did.
    nowadays rappers live life as if they are the character and its unrealistic
    See this is part of the problem there used to be 2 competing factions one won and CoOpted the image of the other. THere were the for entertainment Fantasy rappers who had no grounding and there were the Reality and its perils rappers who strove to tell the story of the streets. The Fakers won and now create ther own Fony Reality in the media with there image and Just Exploit and Do a minstrel Caricature of the culture, while the real ones refused to compromise and went Underground, indepndant and or Pursue other ventures to further the Agenda Of Growth in the communities...
    to the threadstarter..

and them is my last words...
  • raw_dawg
    raw_dawg Members Posts: 21
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You young punks don't know ? about Cube. Eazy-E was the only banger in NWA & he was a buster. Ask BG Knoccout & Dresta. He ran & tried to leave them on stage in Texas when Bs & Cs were wildin in a club. It is plenty of dudes with real street ties but that don't make you a G or hog. Cube was just a regular cat from South Central. His brother CJ was in a gang and he basically was rapping about stuff he saw. But NWA used to get tested a lot of the places they went due to their image. Cube didn't leave because he was going to college. The ? never graduated high school. How you gonna go to college? He left because he wasn't under a real contract. Jerry Heller tried to gangsta him into a bad deal & he said I ain't signing anything without a lawyer. Eazy & Jerry Heller then said he was trying to break up the group. So he said ? yall like a G & did his thang with Public Enemy & the rest is history. We know Cube aint a real G banging in the streets. He got his assed handed to him by Solo over his beef with Kam. But he is G because he does ? his way & don't kiss ass for his. Mack 10 & WC ain't real Gs either. Ask any dude from SC because WC is just a knuckle head but he didn't put in work. Mack 10 was just a small time drug dealer that gets no love from Queen Street in the Wood. Dudes that put in work are in jail or dead.