Do ppl seriously think Eminem>>>Royce da 5'9???

Options
2»

Comments

• YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Royce surpassed that white weirdo a long time ago....the only thing Eminem has over him is flow. That's about it. Overall, Royce is the better rapper/emcee and his catalog trumps anything Eminem has ever done.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Shady is better

at what?.............
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He had some great songs, like Gun Harmonizing, The Warriors and Part of Me, but then he had a bunch of average songs with absolutely no cohesion between songs, thus not making it as listenable. I expected better from Royce, who is a great rapper/MC. Bar Exam 1 & 2, and MIC Mixtapes are all good.

you sir are correct...street hop was weak
  • Age187
    Age187 Members Posts: 72
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I really like Royce. He's one of my favorite rappers.

But he can't hold a candle to what Eminem used to be able to do. Eminem is one of the best lyricists ever to do it. Period.
  • Age187
    Age187 Members Posts: 72
    edited March 2010
    Options
    you sir are correct...street hop was weak

No he's not, and no it wasn't. at all.
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Age187 wrote: »
    No he's not, and no it wasn't. at all.

yea Street Hop was nice as hell. But you do notice a bit of Em influence in some of those later songs

but honestly i think it just comes down to Em got a nice smoother flow and deliver but they both nice as ? . Dope imagry, flow, creatvity, both got a good catalog... I think it mainly comes down to the content... if you want to hear really grimey street type ? listen to ROyce if you just want crazy word play delivery and some introspective songs listen to Em

both are neck and neck when it comes to rappers, it's just usually which content u can relate to more
  • Capo1
    Capo1 Members Posts: 789
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ambiguous1 wrote: »
    yea Street Hop was nice as hell. But you do notice a bit of Em influence in some of those later songs

but honestly i think it just comes down to Em got a nice smoother flow and deliver but they both nice as ? . Dope imagry, flow, creatvity, both got a good catalog... I think it mainly comes down to the content... if you want to hear really grimey street type ? listen to ROyce if you just want crazy word play delivery and some introspective songs listen to Em

both are neck and neck when it comes to rappers, it's just usually which content u can relate to more

I think what seperates em from royce is shady is an artist while royce is just a rapper. Eminem can make hit songs, royce can't...eminem also touches on WAY MORE different subject matter than royce does.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Street Hop stays getting play for me and at this moment Royce has been dropping better material the past 6 years or so than Em has without question.
  • krow132
    krow132 Members Posts: 1,033 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LOL

are we talking like right now at this second or catalogue..

If we are talking this second, Royce is better.

if we are talking catalogue, its not even close, Eminem's catalogue is way better than Royce. Yall talk about Death is Certain, yes its a great album, but are yall seriously saying death is certain is better than MMLP? And not to mention, Eminem has Three back to back great albums, Slim Shady Lp, MMLP, Eminem Show while Rock City was average, Death Is Certain was great, Independant's Day was aight. Eminem as far as his whole career is better than Royce
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Capo1 wrote: »
    I think what seperates em from royce is shady is an artist while royce is just a rapper. Eminem can make hit songs, royce can't...eminem also touches on WAY MORE different subject matter than royce does.

can defintiely agree with this
  • knivez
    knivez Members Posts: 57
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Even royce would disagree with threadstarter. Royce was iller to me in his DiC days but now while his delivery and flow has improved greatly, he's not saying sick ? like he used to. His verses revolve around his ? (pause)? your gf whom he never met, calling people fruits, and bang bang shoot em up ? die slow ? . its just repetitive. That being said, I like royce, but street hop was just average. I think had the revival not leaked it would've been better cuz i enjoyed that more. Em already had the wordplay, delivery and flow that took years for Royce to finally get right. that in itself should tell you something. Em has only improved on it, its just a matter of bringing more substance on his next album, which he already said he would.
  • TimeToPartyDA
    TimeToPartyDA Members Posts: 7
    edited March 2010
    Options
    this thread is ? ! Em > Royce on any given day...Sure royce is nice but dude is hungry...if the 2 went head to head em would eat him alive

Yelawolf killin them both right now though
  • Nasir132
    Nasir132 Members Posts: 75
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Royce is cgreat
  • The Smooth One
    The Smooth One Members Posts: 725
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Personally I've been a fan of both for a long time.

Eminem's flow has improved but point blank he relies on his structure to coast him through verses a lot lately. Hopefully that isn't the case with Recovery. Relapse was good, but not great. Em's kinda lost his knack for witty punchlines compared to the old days. That's acceptable when he takes a different approach to the track, but ya'll got it twisted if you can't see he doesn't just make words rhyme for the hell of it sometimes.

Royce's delivery and flow has shot it's way up, but he can kinda coast on it as well. His punchlines are usually funny as hell. Not to mention he chewed Em/ D12 up and spit em out. All Em said was "How Come"?

What we really need is a Bad Meets Evil CD that isn't recorded in a week like the Slaughterhouse joint. Royce really is one the only ones to hang with Em on a track. And beyond that they bring out the best in each other.

If they don't release at least a new BME song soon, they should be both be smacked across the dome.
  • The Smooth One
    The Smooth One Members Posts: 725
    edited April 2010
    Options
    They both got great qualities, and a few lesser ones. There are tracks Em could never do, but Royce can. And vice-versa. I just say they make some ill music so we ain't gotta debate.
  • L.P. Royal Flush
    L.P. Royal Flush Members Posts: 770
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Love'em both, but pound for pound Shady is better