? people who think they know something about sports but really don't know jack ?

Options

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^ IF I was that height I think I couldve made some Division 1 squad (there shitloads of them)
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Most people spew ? in a sports related argument when they know they are on the losing side...start trying to put together random ? that makes no sense
    Word to the last debate I'll ever have with a co-worker

Me - Rose was the best PG in the league during his MVP season

CW - Rose ain't ? . Paul, Rondo, Parker >>>

Me- Rose beat them all

CW - But LeBron deserved that MVP nod more than Rose. He only got it cause they didn't wanna give it to LeBron

Me - So a Bulls team with an injury prone Deng, Noah, and ? is more helpful than Wade, Bosh, etc?

CW- No, but LeBron been carrying teams on his back since he got in the league. He had to get more help

Me - ? that gotta do with Rose ballin? He outperformed every PG the year he got MVP

CW - But LeBron single handedly knocked the bulls out of the ECF

Me - ... with help

CW - But Rondo and Chris Paul were the best PG's the following year

Me - Just give Rose his props

CW - .... no

Me - Why?

CW - Cause LeBron...
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most people spew ? in a sports related argument when they know they are on the losing side...start trying to put together random ? that makes no sense

Me- Rose beat them all

CW - But LeBron deserved that MVP nod more than Rose. He only got it cause they didn't wanna give it to LeBron

Me - So a Bulls team with an injury prone Deng, Noah, and ? is more helpful than Wade, Bosh, etc?

CW- No, but LeBron been carrying teams on his back since he got in the league. He had to get more help

Me - ? that gotta do with Rose ballin? He outperformed every PG the year he got MVP

Me - ... with help

CW - .... no

Me - Why?

CW - Cause LeBron...

Realtalk Im starting to realize that Lebron fans really hate Rose Im talking about hate real true hate. ? we know Lebron the best in league. Why yall feel D.Rose is a threat. By the way Rose led the Bulls to the best record his MVP season and had Lebron and them crying during the regular season... Im a day 1 Lebron fan but a Bulls fan first so ofcourse I want my team to beat the Heat and D.Rose deserved that MVP no one saw the Bulls and Rose coming like that.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some ? just tried to convince me LT was better than ray Lewis.....me and another coworker where like why the hell would you try to compare in the first place....I hate arguing with people who don't ? about the dynamics of sports and are mad stubborn with there opinion....
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    This ? tried to make an MJ is overrated thread
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G Mack wrote: »
    Some ? just tried to convince me LT was better than ray Lewis.....me and another coworker where like why the hell would you try to compare in the first place....I hate arguing with people who don't ? about the dynamics of sports and are mad stubborn with there opinion....

Different positions but LT was greater and better at his position than Lewis was on his.

• O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant really compare LT & Lewis IMO.Two different positions with different duties asked of them.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Me- Rose beat them all

Me - ... with help

CW - .... no

Me - Why?

CW - Cause LeBron...

Realtalk Im starting to realize that Lebron fans really hate Rose Im talking about hate real true hate. ? we know Lebron the best in league. Why yall feel D.Rose is a threat. By the way Rose led the Bulls to the best record his MVP season and had Lebron and them crying during the regular season... Im a day 1 Lebron fan but a Bulls fan first so ofcourse I want my team to beat the Heat and D.Rose deserved that MVP no one saw the Bulls and Rose coming like that.

Nah, it's just a large percentage of Lebron fans are dickrider that don't believe he can do any wrong. It like the whole situation with him leaving Cleveland. I can understand if you feel that leaving was right for him and all that. That's cool. But some of his fan refuse to acknowledge that he did anything wrong at all. It's like you tell them that he was willing to let Chicago, New York, and Cleveland completely decimate their teams on the off chance that they may get him even though he already knew 100% that he was going to MIA. And their response will be something dumb like "So, he gotta get that money." All you can do is shake your head at the stupidity.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched. Semipro team last year and it's ridiculous how the "coaches" think any big ? can play offensive and defensive line..any fat ? was thrown out there.. and some of the guys played college ball.. they had on guy I remembered from high school out there and I remember this ? couldn't get no pt when we was up 58-10 on Lawrence county but he was starting guard on their team becuz he was 5-11 330
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Why'd they close that thread down though? I disagree with it, but since when do threads get locked because the opinion is unpopular?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why'd they close that thread down though? I disagree with it, but since when do threads get locked because the opinion is unpopular?

All the time..
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Oh, learn something new everyday.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this should just be stickied
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I can't stand the "championship week" bandwagon/small talk ? at work.

Muthafugga ain't said ? about the sport all season and now that the Super Bowl/NCG/Final Four/Finals/etc are coming up, he all in yo face talkin' ? or asking questions cause he know you're that ? in the office that REALLY knows sports.

Like it's this old washed white dude I work with (Imagine one of the cats from "Mad Men" 30 years later, lol) dude comes to work half-? at least twice a week. For ? that watch "The Office" he's like our "Creed".

Nikka come up to me the Friday before the Super Bowl...

"Yo, who you got in the game -- Oh yeah, you're an Atlanta guy. San Fran SPANKED you guys..."

But that ain't even the worst part. Then he says...

"I'm a Jets and Giants fan, but I'M going for the Niners... MY GIANTS WOULD BEAT BOTH OF'EM -- Atlanta TOO. kekeke..."

Me...

Bernie_Casey_Thinks_This_Is_Sad.gif
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If u can't name an offensive linemen on ur team, u don't need to talk football

This is always the test I use on ? who try to talk ? & swear they're a die hard fan of their team...but i take it a step further..if they can't name their starting Oline then the conversation is over and they're not to be taken serious at any point.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Muthafugga ain't said ? about the sport all season and now that the Super Bowl/NCG/Final Four/Finals/etc are coming up, he all in yo face talkin' ? or asking questions cause he know you're that ? in the office that REALLY knows sports.

Like it's this old washed white dude I work with (Imagine one of the cats from "Mad Men" 30 years later, lol) dude comes to work half-? at least twice a week. For ? that watch "The Office" he's like our "Creed".

"Yo, who you got in the game -- Oh yeah, you're an Atlanta guy. San Fran SPANKED you guys..."

"I'm a Jets and Giants fan, but I'M going for the Niners... MY GIANTS WOULD BEAT BOTH OF'EM -- Atlanta TOO. kekeke..."

Me...

I still don't get how somebody is a Jets and Giants fan. That's like your a Mets and a Yankees fan. They need to ? with that.
  • greenwood1921
    edited February 2013
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »

Me...

I still don't get how somebody is a Jets and Giants fan. That's like your a Mets and a Yankees fan. They need to ? with that.

Them type'a cats don't even count in my mind. You say ? like that when you just don't know what the ? you talmbout.

Like i know it's some ? that you talk about that you don't REALLY know about. Sometimes I have to catch myself.

Like the other day, my co-worker was crying about the new director of the new Star Wars movies 'bout to come out. And he talkin' ? about how the last 3 star wars were wack, etc, etc.

I said some ? like... "The last 3 star wars were aight to me". They gave ME the "smh" face. And it dawned on my that I really don't know enough or give enough ? about star wars to be speaking on it to some certified Star Wars nerds.

So I fell back. lol
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    If u can't name an offensive linemen on ur team, u don't need to talk football

This is always the test I use on ? who try to talk ? & swear they're a die hard fan of their team...but i take it a step further..if they can't name their starting Oline then the conversation is over and they're not to be taken serious at any point.

Ask one of them fake ass Baltimore bandwagon fans and all they can come up with is "the big ? from The Blindside".. i knew ? didn't ? when my brother had dudes thinking I was Oher when I was n new Orleans last week
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Streetball players like Allen Iverson are injury prone" a white...
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anything that has to deal with MJ, Kobe or Lebron comparisons.

Tom Brady best QB.

Rockets only won two titles cause Jordan retired.

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some ? that let's me know somebody has the football I.Q. of a 9-year old girl...

- Anybody that thinks QB's win and lose games alone.

- You think American Football is played with pads because "the players are soft" and somehow rugby (played by a bunch of crackers the size of Wes Welker) is "tougher" 'cause they playing in daisy dukes and soccer shirts.

- You think a team can win a game or have a winning season "by luck".

- You don't know a player is good or not unless ESPN tells you.

- You think the O-line and D-line are the least important positions in football.

- You think playing DB means having a foot-race with a wideout.

Basketball dumb ? ...

- You think all those playground/AND 1 mixtape ? could "easily" play in the league, but they just "too real" for the NBA.

- You think old school legends were just legends because they didn't play in the last 15 years.

- You think if a team signs *any* 3 or 4 All stars the rest of the league should be on "suicide watch".

- You say ? like "That team wouldn't be so good if their shots wasn't falling".

More to come...

I 100% agree football being tougher than Rugby but those guys are waaaaay bigger than Wes Welker. C'mon man atleast be reasonable.
  • greenwood1921
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Some ? that let's me know somebody has the football I.Q. of a 9-year old girl...

- Anybody that thinks QB's win and lose games alone.

- You think American Football is played with pads because "the players are soft" and somehow rugby (played by a bunch of crackers the size of Wes Welker) is "tougher" 'cause they playing in daisy dukes and soccer shirts.

- You think a team can win a game or have a winning season "by luck".

- You don't know a player is good or not unless ESPN tells you.

- You think the O-line and D-line are the least important positions in football.

- You think playing DB means having a foot-race with a wideout.

Basketball dumb ? ...

- You think all those playground/AND 1 mixtape ? could "easily" play in the league, but they just "too real" for the NBA.

- You think old school legends were just legends because they didn't play in the last 15 years.

- You think if a team signs *any* 3 or 4 All stars the rest of the league should be on "suicide watch".

- You say ? like "That team wouldn't be so good if their shots wasn't falling".

More to come...

I 100% agree football being tougher than Rugby but those guys are waaaaay bigger than Wes Welker. C'mon man atleast be reasonable.

[img]http://www.rugbybahamas.com/images/? .jpg[/img]
    USA-Eagles-beat-Russia-for-close-win-Rugby-World-Cup-300x222.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKOJ25QZU9XVsYk7hDtzvA83QvvxuGj1RC6N6GYlXfautp6KDEDgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVIihuol_58erE6S01E3bzfAqOT2jTSXgJ51S2UUZS61ITfIeryw

Smallest BLACK MAN in the NFL....

580305.jpg

Yet he doing nikkas like...

quizz-run2-1-13-13.gif

Everybody know I'm a OU fan, so I checked OU's Rugby team site. One player over 6 feet tall. Average height of the team is 5'10. Average weight - 190lbs. Heaviest player is 235. That's a team full of DB's.

Are there a few thick-neck white boys playing Rugby out chea? Of course. But if they played in the NFL they would look like Zach Thomas or Wes Welker.

How many Ray Lewis', Patrick Willis, etc play Rugby?
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    QBs are the end all and be all on a football team.

I had that mindset. QBs are usually the most important player on the offense, but they are also the most dependent. A wide receiver can be great on his own. Running backs can be decent with limited support. QBs ain't ? unless they go a workable line, decent receivers, and some semblance of a running game. I'm not ? on QBs. I'm just saying it so stupid when people try to give all the credit for wins or fault for losses to the QB when its literally impossible for a QB to do anything without the rest of the offense.

I be trying to tell ? this about why Jeff Driskel was struggling, but they aint hear me though.
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    That 1 penalty or foul changed the outcome of the game.

This can be very true depending on the timing.