LeGarrette Blount...what is you dawwwwin????

Options

Comments

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    thomas didn't have to prove to NFL teams he wasn't a thug...they didn't care then.

and what is sittin up straight in a suit in YOUR OWN HOME gonna do for his image?....a perceived thug in a suit....is still perceived as a thug....just wearing a suit...and all the draft experts based off ability alone had him averaged around as the twelth best back......did you see Dez Bryant wearing a suit when he was gonna get drafted NO....because that ? doesn't matter.....you uppity mmuthafuckas just put too much into ? ....me personally I couldn't care less....if he sittin up in his boxers scratchin his nuts then you would have a point.....BUT if I'm sittin in my house....and I'm feeling tired.....you better believe I'm layin my ass down....
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    and what is sittin up straight in a suit in YOUR OWN HOME gonna do for his image?....a perceived thug in a suit....is still perceived as a thug....just wearing a suit...and all the draft experts based off ability alone had him averaged around as the twelth best back......did you see Dez Bryant wearing a suit when he was gonna get drafted NO....because that ? doesn't matter.....you uppity mmuthafuckas just put too much into ? ....me personally I couldn't care less....if he sittin up in his boxers scratchin his nuts then you would have a point.....BUT if I'm sittin in my house....and I'm feeling tired.....you better believe I'm layin my ass down....

thats partly the reason you and Blount didn't get drafted.....sure if a thug is a superstar he's gonna get drafted high no matter what. But some thug who has a terrible image and is borderline getting drafted, the image makes a huge difference.
  • themadlionsfan
    edited April 2010
    Options
    thats partly the reason you and Blount didn't get drafted.....sure if a thug is a superstar he's gonna get drafted high no matter what. But some thug who has a terrible image and is borderline getting drafted, the image makes a huge difference.

huh?....lol....ummm if you are talking about getting hired for a very good paying job....I did get hired...put on a suit and showed up for my interview 30 minutes early.....I know proper ettiqute......and as far as his image it was sealed when he threw that punch....sittin up straight and wearing a suit wasn't gonna do ? for him....and San Fransico obviously didn't give a ? about this trivial ? since they signed him as a free agent and got the OPPURTUNITY.....thats all that matters....if he gets signed....and makes the team...HE WON....because gettin drafted in the 4 - 7 rounds doesn't mean ? economically since those dudes get cut and doesn't cost the team a dime...you are not gauranteed money just because you get drafted in the late rounds
  • Darius
    edited April 2010
    Options
    huh?....lol....ummm if you are talking about getting hired for a very good paying job....I did get hired...put on a suit and showed up for my interview 30 minutes early.....I know proper ettiqute......and as far as his image it was sealed when he threw that punch....sittin up straight and wearing a suit wasn't gonna do ? for him....and San Fransico obviously didn't give a ? about this trivial ? since they signed him as a free agent and got the OPPURTUNITY.....thats all that matters....if he gets signed....and makes the team...HE WON....because gettin drafted in the 4 - 7 rounds doesn't mean ? economically since those dudes get cut and doesn't cost the team a dime...you are not gauranteed money just because you get drafted in the late rounds

all i'm saying is that in his case, which is highly unique, it would have served him better to have done more to impress the teams
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Repair his image how?
    He threw a punch.
    Nothing more, nothing less.

They want him to crawl around on all fours and tell GM's: "Suh, please draft me suh. I'se sawry."

How did playing the good guy work out for Tiger Woods?

Where was this concern over image and character when Bill Romanowski was punching people in practice and during games, spitting at opposing players and teammates, getting into all kinds of trouble, and having it being written off as "he's highly competitive." Wasn't he with the Raiders and Niners???
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Throwing on a Suit while Sitting in his own damn house was not gonna do a damn thing for this dude....you're sadly mistakin' if you think teams saw that and said "Oh ? this ? got on a suit lets draft that dude" ..
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    Repair his image how?
    He threw a punch.

They want him to crawl around on all fours and tell GM's: "Suh, please draft me suh. I'se sawry."

How did playing the good guy work out for Tiger Woods?

Where was this concern over image and character when Bill Romanowski was punching people in practice and during games, spitting at opposing players and teammates, getting into all kinds of trouble, and having it being written off as "he's highly competitive." Wasn't he with the Raiders and Niners???
    LOL @ people thinking this was an isolated issue.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    LOL @ people thinking this was an isolated issue.

yea he had history of beefing with coaches, and other ? in the past i believe.
  • Darius
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Repair his image how?
    He threw a punch.
    ?

yeah, i doubt thats how owners and gms view it.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Once he start getting them big nfl checks his white baby momma gonna ? him for the paper just like every other player smh
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Didn't know he had more than one incident before the "punch."

But hey, as long the the league has stand up guys like Roethlisberger, everything will be balanced out.
  • themadlionsfan
    edited April 2010
    Options

But hey, as long the the league has stand up guys like Roethlisberger, everything will be balanced out.

lol.................
  • Darius
    edited April 2010
    Options

Ben had no off the field issues coming into the draft and was a projected 1st round pick......totally different scenario
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He signed with the Niners and Stafeon Johnson signed with my Titans hes gonna hopefully take Lendales spot as the power back
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol at him not going drafted. Doesn't matter though because he will be on an NFL roster for sure next year.
  • Darius
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Blount vs. Steve Smtih....who ya got?
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited April 2010
    Options

Chris Brown
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He signed with the titans he was gonna sign with the niners but realized he was gonna have a hard time making the roster good move on his part the niners backfield was kinda crowded. He was gonna have to beat out coffee, dixon, and Michael Robinson whose a special teams captain it was gonna be tough to make the roster
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options

depends. if im on the same team, i want blount. steve smith only punches his own teammates. if i'm an opponent, give me smith
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Blount changes his mind. This time I think he made a good decision.

Updating a previous item, Oregon RB LeGarrette Blount has agreed to terms with the Titans.

Blount originally agreed to a deal with the 49ers, but backed out when the Titans stepped in. He'll have more opportunity in Tennessee, so the change of heart was smart by Blount's agent after San Francisco drafted Anthony Dixon.

With the Titans, Blount will battle Javon Ringer to back up Chris Johnson. Stafon Johnson is also on the roster, but Blount is a better talent.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Blount changes his mind. This time I think he made a good decision.

that is a good call. he could def get some carries in tenn
  • Darius
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn. You already know this dude gonna be runnin with Young Buck and 3-6 mafia in no time. Probably be up in some videos repoin Tennekey
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn Homeboy Made a Hell of a smart decision, that was a Career saver, he would of got his ass cut with the 49ers or practice squad, ....now he has a chance to be a No.2 back with titans...possibly a Goal Line back...everything happens for a reason i guess, not saying he gonna be successful but homeboy was close to signing to a stacked 49ers RB roster then out of the Blue the Titans Popped up, It's up 2 him to take advantage of this.
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Blount will be the titans second most talented back and a good one two punch with chris johnson.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Um seriously, was Thurman Thomas trying to repair an image?

Repair an image? Who the ? really cares how he looks waiting to NOT get called on draft day.. That's a long 3 days just for your name not to be called and all you can do is sit on your couch, you damn right he gonna pass out waiting for eventually nothing to happen.