Lil Wayne Disrespects Emmett Till’s Family.. Update: Boycott being sought over Wayne's Lyrics...

Options

Comments

• DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sully wrote: »
    Sorry, i couldn't agree more that Lil Wayne is a ? who offers little to nothing to society, but the author doesn't get his point off very well.

And Lil Wayne should never be compared to Malcolm. Not before Malcolm became Muslim, nor when Malcolm was in the NOI, nor post-NOI, when he joined Sunn Islam.

That's just disrespectful to Malcolm and everything he fought for. I'm sure, he couldn't even imagine the dumb-assery that is the existence of Lil Wayne. Hell, people living today can't comprehend it either.
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Wayne is str8 ? garbage
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait just a minute

Did they put Lil ? Wayne and Malcolm X in the same sentence?
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Wait just a minute

Did they put Lil ? Wayne and Malcolm X in the same sentence?

Yeah, i couldn't figure that out either.

He says Lil Wayne has been poisoned by racist society. The only society Lil Wayne has been apart of has been the luxurious society. Lil Wayne has been living in the lap of luxury ever since Birdman paid a ? to ? him when he was 10.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Long as his ? love him...Yeah, yeah...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Some ? you just don't say, but of course they'll eat it up and think it's clever.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    This ain't the first time Lil' Coke Fiend has disrespected someone of that caliber.

I do recall a few lines towards Michael Jackson that ? off people something furious, because it came out like a month after MJ died.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag /Michael Jackson is a ? / Coca Cola, 7-Up /Pepsi Cola burned him up"

Yeah. But y'all keep giving this ? monster passes, tho.

In B4 "Lil Wayne>MJ" delusional posts.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    Long as his ? love him...Yeah, yeah...

Video dropping tomorrow!
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is very sad.

this aint even like cedric's rant during Barbershop...

this is pure self hate.
    you couldn't say reginald denny? you had to say emmett till? this dude need to come to el paso so i can take a few pictures of him and have him try to snap on me... i'll beat him with his own security.

calm down .
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its offensive but its Wayne and yall gon jump on it...
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Just learned about Emmett Till, Medgar Evers and all them last month in a social movements course. That being said, good timing for this thread

I like the fact that he references Emmett Till, but I hate that he did nothing with the reference except elude to sex. Waste of a punchline if you ask me. That's all wayne really is though.

A talented rapper can take a powerful reference like that, make a punchline with it, and communicate a deep message with it. Lil wayne just talks about sex with it.

Then you must be White or Asian and live in Europe somewhere.

Half french, half dominican that went to school in Vancouver, Canada

Close enough though
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have no comment on this.

#YMCMB
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    Just learned about Emmett Till, Medgar Evers and all them last month in a social movements course. That being said, good timing for this thread

I like the fact that he references Emmett Till, but I hate that he did nothing with the reference except elude to sex. Waste of a punchline if you ask me. That's all wayne really is though.

A talented rapper can take a powerful reference like that, make a punchline with it, and communicate a deep message with it. Lil wayne just talks about sex with it.

Then you must be White or Asian and live in Europe somewhere.

Half french, half dominican that went to school in Vancouver, Canada

Close enough though

You get a pass use Googlenext time before you admit you don't know about something as sensitive as this
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    I have no comment on this.

#YMCMB

cs

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah that is ? up. His own mother couldn't even identify the body because he was so badly beaten. his face was swollen like 2 times it's natural size. Allegedly he whistled but he had a speech impediment so it wasn't much he could do. I guess that's what happens when majority of your music revolves ? money and weed, you run out of ? to say and that's the result. it was insensitive and very demeaning.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Wayne has said a lot of controversial things in songs throughout his career, but he appears to have really crossed the line in his latest collaboration with Future titled "Karate Chop" remix.

In the song Wayne raps “I pop alot of pain pills. Bout to put rims on my skateboard wheels/Beat that p*ssy up like Emmett Till.”.

Emmett Till was an African-American boy who was murdered in Mississippi in 1955 at the age of 14. Till, who was from Chicago reportedly flirting with a 21-year old white store owner by the name of Carolyn Bryant. That was justification enough in the minds of Bryant's husband Roy Bryant and his half-brother J. W. Milam to murder Till.

The two took Till from his great-uncle's house to a barn where they brutally beat him, gouged out one of his eyes and shot him in the head before dumping his body in the Tallahatchie River,

Till's body was pulled from the river three days later. His mother, Mamie Till Mobley. made the controversial decision to have an open casket. Photos of her son's disfigured face were widely published.

Both Bryant and Milam were acquitted of the young boy's murder.
    Today the Mamie Till Mobley Memorial Foundation is calling for a boycott of the "Karate Chop" remix.
    How DARE you compare the atrocity of Emmett Till to the anatomy of a woman!!!! Rappers Future and Lil Wayne's release of the "Karate Chop"remix scheduled to appear on DJ Smallz's This Is That Southern Smoke Vol. 4 which drops during All Star Weekend, includes the egregious lyrics..."Beat that p-ssy up like Emmett Till".

The rappers metaphoric indiscretion is not only OFFENSIVE to the family of Emmett Till but our ancestors and to THEMSELVES as black men. How can a comparison be made between the gateway ofLIFEto the BRUTALITY andPUNISHMENT of DEATH? Have they no pride and dignity as black men? They are diminishing there own existence in a society controlled by a system that criminalizes black men at every opportunity.
    The name Emmett Till has resonated over 57 years in effort to educate, in tributes to his life, to demonstrate the existence of modern hate crimes, and to continue the legacy of our rich cultural history. Numerous ballads and songs HONOR his memory and the brutal torcher he endured at the tender age of 14-years-old; during a time when black people weren't even considered humans beings.

It is disappointing, dishonorable, and outright disrespectul to Emmett Till's family and our community at large. The name Emmett Till represents the eruption of a great movement in our hearts as black people and in our country. Out of respect to the family please remove that portion of your lyrics. His mother Mamie Till Mobley is doing cartwheels in her tomb!!!!!!

Until the lyrics are removed we request everyone boycott "Karate Chop" remix! I also emplore the veterans of the rap and hip hop to mentor and sensor the newborns!

#BOYCOTTKARATECHOPREMIX

Lets unite in solidarity!

Airickca Gordon-Taylor, Estate Heir & Founding Director of the Mamie Till Mobley Memorial Foundation

Mamie Till Mobley Memorial Foundation
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    ? ain't cool at all. smh. I stay around where he used to live at. he got a street named for him.
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wayne must have been really bored to spit that soggy ass line, he needs to hang it up
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wrong on Wayne's part it's up to the people to take the garbage off the radio
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    lol^^^ come on ,b.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll never be politically correct.

Whistling at a white woman in the Jim Crowe south hella stupid. The story is petty enough to believe. Death shouldnt have been the answer, but how bout all the blacks in 2013 go to Mexican hoods and whistle at they ? . Let's see what the outcome of that will be.Emit was a ? .
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options